List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't see the need to move up, if you can't pick 3 good top 20 pick you should not be a recruiters in the first place.

With Daysie now confirmed to be a RFA and in our top 25% of earners at the club, if he were to go elsewhere and we didn’t match, what are the chances we’d get a compensation pick immediately following our first pick with the AFL’s secret formula?
Low. Day would have to be on a long term deal on good money for this scenario, something I don't think many clubs are going to offer given his output to date.

Best case is we get an end of first round compo.

Low. Day would have to be on a long term deal on good money for this scenario, something I don't think many clubs are going to offer given his output to date.

yeah I think even end of first round is exceedingly optimistic. cant imagine him being anywhere near a top 25% earner at anyclub that goes after him. a guy like that you're going after as cover, not because he's going to make your side better

North Melbourne and St Kilda say hello.

One of those 2 fools will offer him 750k a year

S

Sam Day top 25% earner at the club.
Wow - yes, we should definitely be asking him to take a pay cut - hasn't learnt what we've paid him if thats true.
If I remember correctly, the last time he extended, Rocket talked about the utility players like Day are worth of gold and his salary was speculated to be $600-650K/year. No idea if it's true but it could be considering he is in the top 25%.

If I remember correctly, the last time he extended, Rocket talked about the utility players like Day are worth of gold and his salary was speculated to be $600-650K/year. No idea if it's true but it could be considering he is in the top 25%.

Look at the McGovern’s who can swing either way.
Both top 10 salary’s at respected clubs
Tom Boyd’s/ Jono Patton’s all on million dollar contracts.

Jake Carlisle another one.

Clubs pay top dollar for a big who can swing.

I’d think north st Kilda and Bombers would be interested in his services with a few key posts retiring from there clubs the next year or 2

Just need to keep playing him, keep his stock high.
I’d be happy to part with Day for a first Rd pick and club saves 500k +

We have burgess waiting For his time to shine.

yeah I think even end of first round is exceedingly optimistic. cant imagine him being anywhere near a top 25% earner at anyclub that goes after him. a guy like that you're going after as cover, not because he's going to make your side better

Pick after where our 2nd rd pick is would be just as good (20-22 after other clubs FA compo)

So Day would need to be around the the top 30% of listed AFL players over age 25 and his age also works in our favour.

Assuming Martin leaves as well that should 4 picks in the top 22. None of these would need to be used for our Academy players.

The only issue is that if the club went after Stephen Hill as a FA that would forgo our FA compo for Day.

Last edited:
Curious if you would consider a Key Defender with that Lions pick?

Especially if King moves to the forward line.

Have been thinking Fischer McAsey might be a good pick if available, and if the second tier mids in are off the board by that point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 1 Rowell
Martin Pick Dylan Stephens / Brodie Kemp
Brisbane pick Gould
Sam day Compensation pick - Taheny or Luke Jackson.

Agree. Unless the club does not want him he stays based on what he says.
Yeah. Has just built a house near Swallow. He loves QLD. Has an offer on the table, so obviously they want him to stay. I think he wanted to get some footy in him first. Now he is back in the senior side. Will sign before the end of the year IMO

If no compensation pick presume Sam day stay, I hope they trade next year second for this year pick.

What makes you think Sam Day will leave? Everything he has said lately has indicated otherwise.

We got in burgess and Corbett and Collins

All ready made more athletic then Day.

He will have to accept unders at the Suns now.. compared to what I think a few other clubs would be willing to offer.

I’m sure Suns would be happy to keep him.. if only he took a big haircut

Need money in the kitty for King Lukosius rankin etc

Kids of the future

Last edited:
Where is "your" second round pick, because you don't hold your own?

Pretty sure you don't have a third round pick either.

Are compo picks based on ladder position?
If so, a 2nd round compo would be after our 2nd rounder.... that we traded to the lions.

Also, please lose all the rest of your games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back