List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Great work eppo. Not trying to be a downer but do you know if they are wanting to come for the right reasons? It's great they want to surf with Weller but i hope they are also prepared to be a big part of our team. This old article just worries me a little bit https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/fr...opped-after-impromptu-surf-trip-ng-b88523842z
No idea. He is not part of the recruiting team and they keep things a bit quiet even from other sections of the Football Department.

Great work eppo. Not trying to be a downer but do you know if they are wanting to come for the right reasons? It's great they want to surf with Weller but i hope they are also prepared to be a big part of our team. This old article just worries me a little bit https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/fr...opped-after-impromptu-surf-trip-ng-b88523842z

I wouldn't let that article worry you too much....it was 2yrs ago and he's now 2 yrs older. I'm more concerned about "coming for the right reasons", as you pointed out. I trust our mob to make sure they are.

I wouldn't let that article worry you too much....it was 2yrs ago and he's now 2 yrs older. I'm more concerned about "coming for the right reasons", as you pointed out. I trust our mob to make sure they are.
Yeah just being careful. I'm sure it is the right reasons but we've been burnt before.

King to me always seemed the least committed to us from the start, would be surprised if he stays, Luko will find it tough to stay I reckon
Doesn't help when Luko's gf lives in adelaide and his sister says on her insta, gold coast footy is bad but least I have pacific fair to keep me coming back.

Stoked about Izak. Shove that down your southern media gobs.
Get him on the park regularly next year and it will make a big difference to our forward line. The threat he poses will allow some of our other players to get off the chain.
Now we just have to fix our midfield.

Ideal trade period... get Blakey, Langdon, Priority Pick and lose only Martin and some later draft picks
Looks good but I suspect Brodie may go as well as Martin - some concern over Ah Chee and of course we will have the uncertainty over Lukosius and King for all of 2020 if they don't extend - so not quite as rosy.....and of course Blakely and Langdon is only speculation at this stage. Could go our way overall or we could enter freefall again.

King to me always seemed the least committed to us from the start, would be surprised if he stays, Luko will find it tough to stay I reckon

Shop King this year if you can get a top 5 pick from a Melbourne club. He would be comfortably worth a top 3 pick in this draft.

Shop King this year if you can get a top 5 pick from a Melbourne club. He would be comfortably worth a top 3 pick in this draft.
Not good if 2 of the three boom recruits were to leave - essential that a huge amount of works goes into Lukosius if King is deferring any decision.

If King is going to leave, it's best done now while Saints hold what will likely end up being around Pick 3 or 4 (assuming no priority pick). That's the best value that can be had for King, and I think Saints would pay it to lock down the King twins. I think he was always going to head back to Victoria at first opportunity - might as well try and entice Lukosius to sign on longer.
Stoked about Rankine though, I thought he'd take a bit longer to warm up to the idea of playing on the Gold Coast - on that topic, I don't get why players have such a hard time getting comfortable on the Gold Coast, I genuinely don't see what's not to like unless you're an immature child whose parents failed to cut the cord

If King is going to leave, it's best done now while Saints hold what will likely end up being around Pick 3 or 4 (assuming no priority pick). That's the best value that can be had for King, and I think Saints would pay it to lock down the King twins. I think he was always going to head back to Victoria at first opportunity - might as well try and entice Lukosius to sign on longer.
Stoked about Rankine though, I thought he'd take a bit longer to warm up to the idea of playing on the Gold Coast - on that topic, I don't get why players have such a hard time getting comfortable on the Gold Coast, I genuinely don't see what's not to like unless you're an immature child whose parents failed to cut the cord
The alternative to that..if the rumors a few days back that lukosius is homesick is to trade him now while the crows have likely pick 2 which is more than could possibly be got at the end of next year..then make a big effortvto keep king as no rumors are around he might want out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The alternative to that..if the rumors a few days back that lukosius is homesick is to trade him now while the crows have likely pick 2 which is more than could possibly be got at the end of next year..then make a big effortvto keep king as no rumors are around he might want out
That too. Gold Coast are in a fortunate position where this time around, losing one of their young players might work out quite well due to where particular other clubs sit in the draft. The fact both Adelaide and Saints have very high draft picks this year works out perfectly.

The best they could hope for is for King to decide he absolutely loves the club and area, signs an extension, then Lukosius heads to Adelaide to give Gold Coast the first two picks. They then use these to draft Anderson and Rowell who would hopefully stay long term. This is assuming Pick 1 is not gifted, as I feel there are far better ways to help Gold Coast without compromising the draft

Not good if 2 of the three boom recruits were to leave - essential that a huge amount of works goes into Lukosius if King is deferring any decision.
I was pretty surprised that Rankine extended - no reason to suspect king and luko won’t do the same

I was pretty surprised that Rankine extended - no reason to suspect king and luko won’t do the same

My take based on what the draftees are reported to have said about the club in the media in the past is that Rankine was probably in the bag for a long time, and that the club tried to get the other boys on board for extensions to announce together but couldn't secure the signatures so had to just go ahead with just Rankine.

Doesn't help when Luko's gf lives in adelaide and his sister says on her insta, gold coast footy is bad but least I have pacific fair to keep me coming back.
Let's not give up on Luko yet. The sister's actual words were 'Gold Coast Footy not that great' which is pretty correct. Luko staying can only make it better but he needs to get his gal-pal up here and out of Adelaide over summer and into 2020. If he extends before season end I'll be very happy but can't see it. I'd make both (King and Luko) play the 2nd year and if they still want to go get maximum for them after 2 seasons in the big boys league. The only reason I'd consider losing them this year is if it was used to secure a couple of senior players from Adelaide (Greenwood and Gibbs for example). Lose a young potential star and get two very good more experienced players. Interesting times.

The secret to solving his homesickness (if he is) - is to move out into a unit or home with his Adelaide girlfriend and settle in properly. Won't matter where he's living then! ....oh and the weather, going by today, is much better for a young couple! I hope the club and players (but mainly Rankine) are working him hard. I can live with King going but Lukosius is a keeper. Luko's other option is to look around at what the GC has to offer from a female perspective.

The secret to solving his homesickness (if he is) - is to move out into a unit or home with his Adelaide girlfriend and settle in properly. Won't matter where he's living then! ....oh and the weather, going by today, is much better for a young couple! I hope the club and players (but mainly Rankine) are working him hard. I can live with King going but Lukosius is a keeper. Luko's other option is to look around at what the GC has to offer from a female perspective.
very true!!...although as they say, love works in mysterious ways. Getting his girlfriend up there is likely to be the key..if GC can, then maybe he stays on, if not he might be the one to head home and it is King that is the keeper

Personally, I’d rather all three re-sign.

But I can see King leaving. And trading for that St Kilda pick would be the smart move.

I know some here will disagree, but I would then be doubling down on the SA boys, and drafting Gould.

But I can see King leaving. And trading for that St Kilda pick would be the smart move.

I know some here will disagree, but I would then be doubling down on the SA boys, and drafting Gould.

Hopefully king will stick around.
He seems to be the young player best suited to the key forward role we need.

Whatever happened to AFL players having girlfriends all over the place? Homesickness over a GF at 18-19 years of age who he’s 95% not going to marry down the track? He’s an AFL footballer living on the Gold Coast FFS. He should be swimming in women, testing the waters before making any commitment to anyone. If they can’t handle living here because their GF is living elsewhere, it’s not a good indicator they’re tough enough mentally. They earn enough dough. Move the partner up here and support them until they find work. Learn what real responsibility is.

Gee some of the GC academy boys would love having Gould on the coast lol. He made life hell for them in the last NAB championship game. Also He nearly threw Guilden from the swans out of the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back