List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Camsta

All Australian
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If you are Luko and King, no real reason to re-sign yet. I reckon 1 more re-signs and 1 leaves.

I said when we got them, if we kept 2 of the 3 I would have taken that.

Who knows, I'm just happy to have Rankine re-sign at the moment!
Agreed mate!

Camsta

All Australian
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Personally, I’d rather all three re-sign.

But I can see King leaving. And trading for that St Kilda pick would be the smart move.

I know some here will disagree, but I would then be doubling down on the SA boys, and drafting Gould.
Who is this Bloke 👆 Brisbane finally off the bottom of the ladder so now dishing out sage advice?

Happy Idiot

All Australian
Oct 12, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What would come first.

AFL to decline or approve priority pick?
Or the trade period in mid October

Say luko told the club he goes this year or next...
GC eye off Adelaides pick 2or 3 knowing they won’t get better next year.

Could GC then have picks 1 picks 2 (priority pick) and pick 3 from Adelaide
I'm not sure, but I hope the AFL (in all their manipulative ways) would be giving some clear advanced warning as to how they are going to help us — It's valuable information for the club to use as they talk contracts with Luko and King. All three staying is still the best result for us.

thurls64

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Every GC video on the website he looks happy. The pressure to resign draftees after there first year cause of the media creates these uneasy moments. Besides the kids at Port how many others have signed extensions
I hope I am just misreading his body language and personality then

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What would come first.

AFL to decline or approve priority pick?
Or the trade period in mid October

Say luko told the club he goes this year or next...
GC eye off Adelaides pick 2or 3 knowing they won’t get better next year.

Could GC then have picks 1 picks 2 (priority pick) and pick 3 from Adelaide
Any Priority Picks are usually made official prior to trade period so clubs are aware of their draft hands during the trade week. From memory its the week leading too Prelims or the week after GF.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Who is this Bloke 👆 Brisbane finally off the bottom of the ladder so now dishing out sage advice?
“Advice” or discussion?

I haven’t said anything different to what other Gold Coast or Collingwood posters have already said here before or after my post.

I don’t work for any club, and as far as I know one here does either, so it’s purely conjecture or discussion between fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy Idiot

All Australian
Oct 12, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I’m sorry if you read it that way, certainly not my intention.

I usually re-read every thing I post before hitting the reply button, and in my mind, it doesn’t sound condescending.
I'm good with input from up the road. As long as we're not playing each other I do think success for both teams is overwhelmingly positive for QLD footy. That Brisbane look to be moving in a positive direction over the last few years, discussion with knowledgable supporters is fine by me.

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
yeah he has been pretty constant with the advice and telling us how it should go based on what Brisbane has done, hard not to take it as condescending

I don't really take it that way.
Brisbane were a basket case only a couple of years ago, and they have now come out the other side. Some worthwhile stuff in all that.
But most of all it sticks out b/c we get very few posters who give enough of a crxp to post anything worth reading at all.
It is usually Tassie or trying to trade us a bag of sherrins for a 1st rounder.
I can live with the occasional irritation from a regular poster if you are bothering to take the time.
Still hoping the Lions lose all the rest of their games though.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
I don't really take it that way.
Brisbane were a basket case only a couple of years ago, and they have now come out the other side. Some worthwhile stuff in all that.
But most of all it sticks out b/c we get very few posters who give enough of a crxp to post anything worth reading at all.
It is usually Tassie or trying to trade us a bag of sherrins for a 1st rounder.
I can live with the occasional irritation from a regular poster if you are bothering to take the time.
Still hoping the Lions lose all the rest of their games though.
Ya kna I was gonna give ya a like till that last sentence.

Even though I know it’s all about death riding that pick swap.

Greendogg

Club Legend
Nov 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I think on reputation and age (and if you squint and ignore this year's form) you could get something in the range of 8-12.

I believe Kangaroos and Bulldogs are reported to be interested and would fall within that draft range.
So by squint you mean like Stevie Wonder..

TheGeneralmeg

Senior List
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
GWS

I usually re-read every thing I post before hitting the reply button, and in my mind, it doesn’t sound condescending.
GC should pick at least two of their own academy kids this year . Who do rate of this years GC draft crop

Last edited:

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast

I was not reading anything into what you said. All good

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
I was not reading anything into what you said. All good
Whoops, don’t know how that happened. Thought I was quoting thurls64 post.

yeah he has been pretty constant with the advice and telling us how it should go based on what Brisbane has done, hard not to take it as condescending

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
GC should pick at least two of their own academy kids this year . Who do rate of this years GC draft crop
Two parts to that question, and it also involves a broader list management discussion.

I don’t have time at the moment to type up all my thoughts, hopefully will have time later tonight.

Short answer.

Just the one in the National Draft. Budarick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back