List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone asked Burns about A Crossley and Gore
on if the club intends to take them? no didn't put it to him. I think the club will likely try to give them an extra year as overagers to develop but would consider matching a bid if it comes.

on if the club intends to take them? no didn't put it to him. I think the club will likely try to give them an extra year as overagers to develop but would consider matching a bid if it comes.
Doesn’t seem like we have a list spot to match though?
Isn’t there 4 list spots with 4 top 20 picks.

afl lystics podcast mock draft
1 hour 20.

they selected
1. Anderson
2. Rowell (said he would be ranked outside the top 5 in last years draft)
15. Rivers
20. Bianco

Last edited:

Pie for Life updated power rankings
top 30 attached
go to draft and trading board if interested in the rest.

Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 5.16.59 AM.png

also head to their website and download their full draft giude
an amazing 120 page document with profiles on every player invite to national, state, rookie me and others.

1 hour 20.

they selected
1. Anderson
15. Rivers
20. Bianco

Someone’s gotta be different to get attention. Rowell might not have the physical / athletic qualities of some of the others but his body of work speaks for itself.

1 hour 20.

they selected
1. Anderson
15. Rivers
20. Bianco

But Rowell is clear top 2 in 2019 and would have been clear #1 in 2017 over Cam Raynor.

That 2018 draft just looks like a big outlier, might even be time for the draft analysts to stop comparing. If Max King looks as good as Ben King, and Ranks is as good this year as the club thinks he will be?

The potential of that top 10 is just ludicrous. Walsh, Luko, Ranks, King, Rozee, King, Smith, Thomas, Jones and Blakey. Poor Chayce Jones, getting picked along with that lot.

Someone’s gotta be different to get attention. Rowell might not have the physical / athletic qualities of some of the others but his body of work speaks for itself.
wouldn't read into it too much
think they're pretty well respected though.
they do a full 2 round draft - the rowell section was 2 minutes out of it.

1 hour 20.

they selected
1. Anderson
15. Rivers
20. Bianco

He won the BOG in last years GF as an underager playing against the guys drafted last year

Still nothing on Jack Martin is strange..
There was a survey on the membership page who is your favourite player and he was in the list which I thought was strange

Still nothing on Jack Martin is strange..
There was a survey on the membership page who is your favourite player and he was in the list which I thought was strange
I think the club has to take him if he nominated for the PSD if only to see the stand through. If he goes to the National draft let’s see if he lasts through to Carlton’s second pick which is late

He won the BOG in last years GF as an underager playing against the guys drafted last year
Yeah was best on ground against the older guys in one game where the highest draftee was Sam Sturt at 17 and Collier Dawkins at pick 19?

None of the top 15 played so not sure thats really an argument for anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A quick question on memberships

As I am coming back to Qld I will be upgrading my 5x 3 games memberships to either silver ( what I had previously) or Gold and advice on why one is better than the other would be appreciated
Seating is the big one
We initially had seating on the Eastern Wing but it's a bitch for day games
Much happier on the Members Wing
You get some Suns passes and a scarf this year I think with Gold
$20 voucher with Silver
Not sure if you get access to car parking with Silver?

Blues now playing the mental issues for Martin card.

pretty much saying he is there’s.
They will fix him etc.

calls him a super talent and quality footballer.

well if he was all that. You’d offer us a fair deal and get the job done if you were worried about his mental state.

Eff Carlton and Eff Martin.

hope Dees bid on him

They will fix him etc.

well if he was all that. You’d offer us a fair deal and get the job done if you were worried about his mental state.

hope Dees bid on him

Let him go and you don’t have to demote a player who is wants to play for the suns to the rookie list and you get to keep your top 4 picks

Let him go and you don’t have to demote a player who is wants to play for the suns to the rookie list and you get to keep your top 4 picks

And next year..
Accept a late second Rd pick for Lukosious?

Because a club says he has only played 2 years so he isn’t worth anymore?

Don't have to demote anyone. Holman is on the rookie list most probably until Martin situation is resolved. So we have 4 spots at the moment even with Martin on the list.

I personally hope Martin is gone but it would be nice to scare the hell out of Carlton so they would do some picks swap with us or at least Martin has to put 900K on his head for next 2 years which should put some decent dent into their salary cap.

You don't want someone around who "lost passion for footy". What a joke.

Last edited:

They will fix him etc.

hope Dees bid on him

So Teague is saying he’s a super talent etc but wants to manipulate the draft and not pay what’s fair.....

That’s called draft tampering and subsequently Carlton who have a history of cheating need to be fined, have premiership points taken off and draft picks taken.

What’s interesting to me is that they now want him and he’s so needed but on the afl trade radio twitter during the trade period a Carlton supporter referred to Martin as being “worth a used brown tea bag”, it got heaps of likes and no Carlton fan called out the racist tones.

Now they want and adore him.

Teague has also thrown Martin under the bus and played the mental health card.

Carlton is an unsafe place for Jack. We should pick him in the PSD. It’s the right thing to do.

South Australian defender Will Day supports the Gold Coast Suns, as he’s followed his cousin Sam Day ever since he was drafted in 2010. “It has been a bit tough but I’ll stick by them,” he says

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back