List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw a Carlton Fan pre-Trade say he was worth a “Used Brown Tea Bag lol” and was met with tonnes of likes which shows to me this club is racist and elitist and has zero respect for Martin.

Post-Trade he’s worth $800k a year and they must have him.

Exposed.
A search of the term "Brown tea bag" only refers back to this thread and this thread only. Ouch.

Apparently ah chee said that Brisbane feels like a football club

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
On his lions interview ~5 mins on their Twitter he played a pretty straight boring bat.

Didn’t say the above:

Did kind of hint he wasn’t enjoying footy on the gc. But otherwise said the suns were great, but felt he could play his best footy at the lions.

Partly his own fault always being injured but I do feel like we had some weird shackles on him at times with how and where he was played

On his lions interview ~5 mins on their Twitter he played a pretty straight boring bat.

Didn’t say the above:

Did kind of hint he wasn’t enjoying footy on the gc. But otherwise said the suns were great, but felt he could play his best footy at the lions.

Partly his own fault always being injured but I do feel like we had some weird shackles on him at times with how and where he was played
My friend could have been making it up, he is a lions supporter and hates the suns, so probably seeing what he wanted to do, because I haven't seen those particular words.

Sometimes you need a fresh start to play your best footy and with his past injuries, sometimes its for the best.

Can't get the article up but according to the Herald Sun, Crouch and Adelaide will now negotiate for a contract extension.

The Advertiser understands negotiations are set to start in the coming weeks now that Nicks has been appointed as the Crows senior coach.

Crouch is in New Zealand, but was able to be contacted by Nicks who reinforced to the midfielder just how important he was to the Crows.

On Thursday Crows list manager Justin Reid said he was expected the negotiations to go on for a while.

So you now saw it somewhere on Twitter but weren't concerned enough to screenshot it or reply to it (which would make it very easy to find again).
But claim "exposed" as evidence of racism endemic throughout a club with 70000 members?

Oh no you have caught me making it up. Just pulling it from my clacker.
Yeah you win.
What I do like is how at the time no Carlton fans stepped in and gave a toss as they were only concerned with my repeated stance that Martin was worth 6-10. No outrage then.

But now in the aftermath of trade where you must get him at PSD for nothing and pay him $800k it’s now seen as being so appalling that it can’t have happened.

I stand on my integrity any day.

Any further replies I’m not replying to, either believe me or not I don’t give a friars tuck or as they say in Carlton “A Used Brown Tea Bag lol”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this makes me so excited, im Absolutely loving this new hard edge Gold Coast but they are also clearly doing a lot right for the players/culture too. Rankine and King signing up for more was great. Would love to see the suns make the 8 soon
You were one of the few going to bat for us against the Carlton dogpile in the main board thread, Welcome

We love it too, It's nice to be doing the pushing around for a change.

Everyone remember the previous post about conduct from SUNS - We're here, we're watching.

Carlton supporters are more then welcome but tread lightly, some of your bad apples are not making you look good.

You were one of the few going to bat for us against the Carlton dogpile in the main board thread, Welcome

Everyone remember the previous post about conduct from SUNS - We're here, we're watching.

Carlton supporters are more then welcome but tread lightly, some of your bad apples are not making you look good.

Treading lightly but just my two cents on the Jack Martin mess.

I think the concensus from the media was an early 2nd rounder is fair. Considering the media love a bad Carlton story eg the trade disaster can't say they are on our side, ever.... So let's say pick 20-25 which I think is correct for an out of contract player. Personally I think Jack has talent but has never really delivered. We saw the same thing at our club with Troy Menzal, Kristian Jaksch and Jarrod Pickett. Two of those names were traded in to our club both early draft picks at other clubs that never worked hard enough. This could be Jack Martin sadly.

I think what really blew this deal up is the value of draft picks for GCS is deminished after the package handed to you by the AFL. Not having a go about that but that is just the reality. It's easy to stand firm on peanuts when you have cavier in the bank :).

Honestly to me it actually looks so bad to be forcing a player to stay by saying you will redraft. If Jack ends up at Melborune so be it. But having a "tough" culture and doing the wrong thing by actual people is a fine line.

I think the concensus from the media was an early 2nd rounder is fair. Considering the media love a bad Carlton story eg the trade disaster can't say they are on our side, ever.... So let's say pick 20-25 which I think is correct for an out of contract player. Personally I think Jack has talent but has never really delivered. We saw the same thing at our club with Troy Menzal, Kristian Jaksch and Jarrod Pickett. Two of those names were traded in to our club both early draft picks at other clubs that never worked hard enough. This could be Jack Martin sadly.

I think what really blew this deal up is the value of draft picks for GCS is deminished after the package handed to you by the AFL. Not having a go about that but that is just the reality. It's easy to stand firm on peanuts when you have cavier in the bank :).

Honestly to me it actually looks so bad to be forcing a player to stay by saying you will redraft. If Jack ends up at Melborune so be it. But having a "tough" culture and doing the wrong thing by actual people is a fine line.
Surely you’re not comparing Martin with Jaksch, Menzel and Pickett? :drunk:
Our club paid pick 2 for him and valued him a lot more than the rubbish picks you offered.
As for what the media think he’s worth, that’s irrelevant. Many have applauded us.
Jack should nominate for the national draft. Let’s seem him lasting until mid 2nd round.....

Surely you’re not comparing Martin with Jaksch, Menzel and Pickett? :drunk:
Our club paid pick 2 for him and valued him a lot more than the rubbish picks you offered.
As for what the media think he’s worth, that’s irrelevant. Many have applauded us.
Jack should nominate for the national draft. Let’s seem him lasting until mid 2nd round.....

Pickett was a pick 4 for GWS. :/

Talent and reality are very different things is my point. If Jack Martin is so highly regarded why was he dropped exactly? I'm going to say for not working hard enough. Which has been the downfall of so many talented players.

Have a massive soft spot for the suns, lived in Mooloolaba from 2011-2014 but hated the GABBA so used to get my fix going to Metricon.

Regardless of that can appreciate what the club is trying to achieve. Next step get Max King off the Saints haha

The media also reported that Papley for pick 9 would get the deal done. What happened there can you explain that?

I no you come here with no intentions to be disrespectful but remember we have continued to be trade whipping boys since our inception. Take away the Carlton bias and put an impartial hat on for a while....

The picks you offered where rubbish picks to the suns situation as we wouldn’t use them being able to pre select academy players for free

Jack Martin cost the suns a bomb and shows he has the qualities to be a great player. If you listen to Craig Cameron’s interviews he actually mentioned that he would take a future second likely to be 25-30 cause of the compromised draft next year if we swapped firsts.

What is annoying all us suns members is the fact that people think they can walk all over our fine club and then when we grow a pair we are the worse people in the world.

SOS rolled the dice and lost this trade period. You may still get Jack Martin for nothing picks wise but salary cap whilst you could get burnt and I’m okay with that happening.

Talent and reality are very different things is my point. If Jack Martin is so highly regarded why was he dropped exactly? I'm going to say for not working hard enough. Which has been the downfall of so many talented players.

He did get dropped had a blinder in the NEAFL but was then injured so we couldn’t recall him

The media also reported that Papley for pick 9 would get the deal done. What happened there can you explain that?

I no you come here with no intentions to be disrespectful but remember we have continued to be trade whipping boys since our inception. Take away the Carlton bias and put an impartial hat on for a while....

The picks you offered where rubbish picks to the suns situation as we wouldn’t use them being able to pre select academy players for free

Jack Martin cost the suns a bomb and shows he has the qualities to be a great player. If you listen to Craig Cameron’s interviews he actually mentioned that he would take a future second likely to be 25-30 cause of the compromised draft next year if we swapped firsts.

What is annoying all us suns members is the fact that people think they can walk all over our fine club and then when we grow a pair we are the worse people in the world.

SOS rolled the dice and lost this trade period. You may still get Jack Martin for nothing picks wise but salary cap whilst you could get burnt and I’m okay with that happening.

Papley is contracted which is entirely different.

As I said the picks were peanuts purely because of the assistance package. I literally called them peanuts :/ but Martin is out of contract and considered to be worth an early second by the majority. As I also said it isn't exactly standing firm when you have a bank full of gifted picks :/.

I love the suggestion of losing trade period. I'd rather not overpay and keep our list and future in tact to be fair.

All that comes out of this to me is a culture of retaining players against their will which is honestly a path you shouldn't go down as a club.

But I'll take my leave :) Goodluck in 2020!!!

Martin had a month off with a broken finger. Rolled the dice and brought him straight back in when he should’ve played a week in the NEAFL. If a player dropped means so much then why are you persevering with McGovern??

Probably because your club is currently having a massive impact on the Integrity of the competition. Just a thought.

But Goodluck:)
That is oh so rich coming from a Blues supporter. Just live with it your list manager sucks. Bye

James Brayshaw IQ = 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back