List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

My lists at the moment.

Senior list
minus Ah Chee, Martin, Nicholls
plus Smith, Greenwood, B. Ellis
add Holman
total 39

draft Rowell, Anderson, pick 15, pick 20, Budarick, Rosas -> need 5 spots -> move players to rookies list

Rookie list
Crossley, Young, Schoenfeld, C. Ellis, GHS
Riordan, Dawson, Heron
Ace, Towey
minus Wigg, Fletcher
total 10

Some interesting decisions coming.
Will Crossley end up on rookies list while waiting for ASADA decision?
Do we keep Fletcher, Wigg?
Do we delist Young?
Do we get extra 1-2 academy kids at the expense of Dawson, Heron, Young?
Do we try to use 15 + 20 to get top 10 pick?
You have missed Nutting. Need to give Wigg one more year. Delist Schoenfeld and Young before Wigg

You have missed Nutting. Need to give Wigg one more year. Delist Schoenfeld and Young before Wigg
Yes, I did not mention Nutting, Rischitelli, Scheer, Leslie - still 39 on the senior list if Holman added to it.

Yes, I would like to see Wigg getting opportunity but not sure it will happen.

I don't think the club will be paying out Schoenfeld. He will end up on rookie list.

If I'm honest, I really like Young and I think there's a fair few players you delist before him and the main part his season wasn't great is from injury. Which in a way makes him a liability. Saying that I think they need him to help out the younger guys in the neafl and kinda mentor in a way. If his performance doesnt go up up then you delist him but we can't give up a guy with 8 years of football knowledge and just bunch up the neafl with 1st years cause when injuries come I'd sure as hell chuck him on the field before a lot of others

If I'm honest, I really like Young and I think there's a fair few players you delist before him and the main part his season wasn't great is from injury. Which in a way makes him a liability. Saying that I think they need him to help out the younger guys in the neafl and kinda mentor in a way. If his performance doesnt go up up then you delist him but we can't give up a guy with 8 years of football knowledge and just bunch up the neafl with 1st years cause when injuries come I'd sure as hell chuck him on the field before a lot of others
I was a negatory on Young but have come to like him
Not best 22 but he's in line if Sexton goes down and I'd have him over Murdoch anywhere

I haven't followed Juniors as much as years past but I really like Brodie Kemp. Would love to add him with Rowell and Anderson.

Rowell/Anderson/Kemp in draft and a extension for Luko and Fiorini and I'm in heaven

SOS wouldn't get a game today
Because he was Serge's son they tried him everywhere and finally dumped him at fullback
Slow as a wet week and his one trick was to hang off the forwards
In today's game with 3 umpires he'd be giving away 6 goals a game

Without even addressing the bulk of your statements (I guess he was named fullback of the century due to his ineptitude as a footballer) as far as 3 umpires goes, that was introduced in AFL matches in 1994, right in the middle of Silvagni's career. You really should fact check before making such assertions.

I haven't followed Juniors as much as years past but I really like Brodie Kemp. Would love to add him with Rowell and Anderson.

Rowell/Anderson/Kemp in draft and a extension for Luko and Fiorini and I'm in heaven
Wed have to move up the order you’d think To get kemp

From my reading definite top 10
Rowell Anderson serong young kemp Flanders green

Next tier
Gould Henry Stephens Robertson Jackson ash

I played most of my career with 3 too idiot
Ask Wayne Carey what today's 3 umpire system is like compared to what it was like in the 1990's
He was an average slow player who got away with murder
Today's 3 umpire system he wouldn't get a game
Razor Ray would light him up like a Christmas tree
My point stands

Last edited:
Admire the Suns for standing firm on the Martin deal the Carlton offer just not good enough.
The reality is Martin zero chance to be playing with the Suns next year and Carlton will get him for nothing but a high salary.
I am probably alone here but Martin was a huge disappointment in my eyes.
Cost us Pick 2 plus lots of money and in return we get nothing.
Performed well below what you would expect from such a highly regarded teenager.
Had some good moments but went missing far too often.
Talent only takes you so far ,commitment both on and off the field are needed at this level.
The only sadness for me is we got nothing for him.

Excuse the intrusion.

Curious to know why you thought Carlton’s “offer just not good enough“?

You’ve stated in your post he was a huge disappointment, went missing and had commitment issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excuse the intrusion.

Curious to know why you thought Carlton’s “offer just not good enough“?

You’ve stated in your post he was a huge disappointment, went missing and had commitment issues.
Ok I will bite as that’s what you’re after, We have a strong hand in the draft already, your picks didn’t improve it as we wouldn’t of used them, you knew you weren’t getting Papley but stil refused to deal 9 for Martin and 15.

Now you can say that we could of bundled the picks for something better, well so could of Carlton but you did SFA, you will say he was dropped or out of favour or whatever else you like to justify your narrative but AND THIS IS THE IMPORTANT BIT if the Suns fans are happy with the stance ( and overwhelming we are) then it was the right decision for our club.

If this doesn’t make the position clear then read through the copious posts that state the same points

Last edited:
Ok I will bite as that’s what you’re after, We have a strong hand in the draft already, your picks didn’t improve it as we wouldn’t of used them, you knew you weren’t getting Papley but stil refused to deal 9 for Martin and 15.

Now you can say that we could of bundled the picks for something better, well so could of Carlton but you did SFA, you will say he was dropped or out of favour or whatever else you like to justify your narrative but AND THIS IS THE IMPORTANT BIT if the Suns fans are happy with the stance ( and overwhelming we are) then it was the right decision for our club.

If this doesn’t make the position clear then read through the copious posts that state the same points

Fair enough - I understand your points.

Conversely I’m sure you can understand why Carlton weren’t happy to budge either in the circumstances.

High end picks are like gold for us - sure not going spend them unnecessarily.

Martin for free would be a fabulous outcome - but still could easily go pear shaped.

Time will tell.

Fair enough - I understand your points.

Conversely I’m sure you can understand why Carlton weren’t happy to budge either in the circumstances.

High end picks are like gold for us - sure not going spend them unnecessarily.

Martin for free would be a fabulous outcome - but still could easily go pear shaped.

Time will tell.
I’m not a Carlton fan so couldn’t care less what their reasons are but it seems pigheaded to chase a player and not get the deal done, it’s not like SOS didn’t know the draft hand we already had.

The result may be good for you but things are rarely one sided, the damage to your brand with Martin and Papley means players will think twice before nominating you in the future. Is Martin worth it, time will tell

They're not that bad, most the inconsistency lately was from injury I'd say
Aaron Young is pretty consistent with what he gives - low ceiling but I don't mind him. 2018 was a pretty nice year.
Playing forward can probably count on him for a goal a game, knows where to run, not great defensive pressure. Pretty limited ability to play upfield.

Murdoch - played some very good games last year
Against Geelong 17 possessions @ 83% with 7 contested possessions and 6 intercepts
Against West Coast 18 possessions @ 83% with 5 score involvements and 520m gained
Against Adelaide 23 possessions with 9 intercept possessions - although turned it over 7 times himself.

He also had some stinkers
in our 1 point loss to Melbourne he played 80% game time for 5 possessions
In the q clash - 87% TOG for 8 possessions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back