List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d love for us to get Ben, just so the Lions can hear all year about how they gave up this superstar footballer for nothing as we surge up the ladder :huh:

Love it if he came to the Suns became a star and Dwayne Russell and his cronies banged on about how could they let him go for nothing every time he touched the ball, and then asked for a royal commission to look into how the Lion's could be so stupid.

Peel been suggesting these names for a long time
Problem is with the Bolton and Partington types is that they are average to below average pace which doesn’t bother them at SANFL, VFL, WAFL level etc.l, but once in the AFL that extra yard of pace that they are missing becomes a problem because it’s put them under a lot more pressure then they are used to. See Mitch Hallaran etc

I think a few of us Lions fans would be ok with that tbh.

I'd be pumped for Keaysey to play awesome footy at the Suns. That'd be a win/win.

Will you re-draft Martin? I hope so.. Slim tactics as always from Carlton.

I’d hope there is some sort of plan in place..

At first I was happy with the refusal to trade for mediocre picks but the more these cocky Carlton supporters and vfl media talk how he’ll get there for free starting to leave me feeling disappointed

So who are we wanting with pick 15 and pick 20?

Personally;

Pick 15: Fischer McAsey (played in Vic Metro with our boys at 1 and 2, I rated his play as a key back) or Brodie Kemp if by some miracle he is still there.

Pick 20: Trent Bianco/Will Day/Dylan Williams

Be happy with the suggested players at pick 20.

Personally prefer a Jackson, Rivers, Weightman at 15, but McAsey is a fine player and fills a need. As well as playing with Rowell and Anderson, he also played with King at Dragons last year.

If we traded down from 20 to 30 I'd be interested in Schoenberg from SA.

So who are we wanting with pick 15 and pick 20?

Personally;

Pick 15: Fischer McAsey (played in Vic Metro with our boys at 1 and 2, I rated his play as a key back) or Brodie Kemp if by some miracle he is still there.

Pick 20: Trent Bianco/Will Day/Dylan Williams

Honestly the two guys I really like after Rowell and Anderson are Brodie Kemp who most likely isn't available at #15 and Brock Smith which #20 is a bit high for. But in my early research I really like these two.

I’d hope there is some sort of plan in place..

At first I was happy with the refusal to trade for mediocre picks but the more these cocky Carlton supporters and vfl media talk how he’ll get there for free starting to leave me feeling disappointed

I also heard in the press that he and his manager didn't care if GCS were adequately compensated. What a ridiculous system, which relies on "the players doing the right thing by the coaches."

Cochrane from what I remember of the Prestia deal can be a bit ridiculous, but for things like this he needs to be.

I hope GCS do something that tells Carlton that this isn't the 80s, and that good players deserve currency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe with 15 pick and 20 the Suns will wait see how it pans out.

Come Melbournes pick 8 if player X Kemp ,Gould ,Flanders or Robertson for instance are available.

They’ll pull the trigger 15 and 20 for pick 8.

If not I can see the Suns attempting to trade pick 20

For North’s pick 26 and 27 being such a even draft

Possibly Sydney’s 25 and 32
or the Crows 23 and 28

Which would give us 5 picks inside the top 30

The above is something similar to the deal we did with WC last year during live trading 26 and 31 for WC pick 22

And leaves us picks 78 and 90

I believe with 15 pick and 20 the Suns will wait see how it pans out.

Come Melbournes pick 8 if player X Kemp ,Gould ,Flanders or Robertson for instance are available.

They’ll pull the trigger 15 and 20 for pick 8.

If not I can see the Suns attempting to trade pick 20

For North’s pick 26 and 27 being such a even draft

Possibly Sydney’s 25 and 32
or the Crows 23 and 28

Which would give us 5 picks inside the top 30

The above is something similar to the deal we did with WC last year during live trading 26 and 31 for WC pick 22

And leaves us picks 78 and 90

Some good ideas RE trading up to 8 if the player we want is available on the night.

I think with 20 with limited list spots that the pick would be traded for a future 1st or 2nd and a later 2019 2nd Rd pick. Don't think they would be planning on taking more than 4 non-academy players on draft night.

Billy stretch was just delisted

Every club delisting all there dead wood list cloggers..
yet here we are with Schoenfield Wigg Crossley Heron to name a few.

Not to mention GHS and Murdoch.
Which I believe are just at the club to offer mature leadership and high standards not for AFL games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back