List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Meh, SOS does not negotiate with terrorists. Honestly Islamic State seems like a much more rationale lot to deal with then your mob from the sounds of it.

Only a desperate or tinpot club would have given up a top 10 pick for Martin, as i say SOS doesn't negotiate with terrorists, or in this a numpty in Craig Cameron (look AT his track record at Melbourne, he is a significant factor why the Demons have been a rabble over the past 20 years).
Get lost
I read you calling Craig Cameron and the GC recruiting team harder to deal with than ISIS on the Jack Martin thread.
Not welcome on this board.

SUNS Big Red Machine

what do you think about this kind of talk?

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
SUNS Big Red Machine

what do you think about this kind of talk?

If it's on this board would get infracted. But unfortunately quoting posts from other boards and bringing them here will be likely to get you infracted. So just be careful!

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
If it's on this board would get infracted. But unfortunately quoting posts from other boards and bringing them here will be likely to get you infracted. So just be careful!
Ok, didn't realise that was against the rules.

I just don't want to have to interact with people that talk like that about anyone - let alone our recruiting staff - before coming onto our board to question us!!

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yeah keep this thread to look forward to the players who are going to rip it to shreds next year for the Suns.

Talking point!

Just sitting back and thinking: Is Fiorini our best midfielder as some claim? He gets absolute bucketloads of pill no doubt, but he doesn't really do a lot with it. Avgs 25 touches, but only kicked 5 goals this year and has a DE of 61%. He is a good link player but I think he really lacks that hurt factor someone like an Ainsworth has when he has the ball in hand.

To be honest 5 goals this year must be pretty close to our average score.

Hard to have hurt factor when you have no one in front of you to kick it to

TheGeneralmeg

Senior List
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Although reading between the lines it sounded pretty positive that Rosas may get a senior list spot.

If it was a choice between Budarick and him for a list spot I would choose Connor , the others Neafl record 8 goals in 13 matches isn’t great

Damo T

Team Captain
Aug 3, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Not having to match bids for Darwin zone and locals is massive for the club. Now all we need is time to develop these kids.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
If it was a choice between Budarick and him for a list spot I would choose Connor , the others Neafl record 8 goals in 13 matches isn’t great
Think he played almost more wing / half forward.
NT Thunder won 2 games out of 18 and had a percentage of 60.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Did anyone else hear that the rookie spots 10 are all Cat A so the likes of Heron, Dawson, Towey aren’t included in those spots.

That’s going to mean a lot of list shuffling
was that on the podcast? with twomey?

T__Y

Debutant
Nov 11, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
15. Gold Coast: Will Gould (SA)
Height, Weight:
191cm/98kg
Profile: Strong bodied defender with the performances on the board at SANFL League level including a premiership for Glenelg. Gould throws his weight around, plays an aggressive style of game and is a penetrating kick.

Does this just read exactly like Steven May to you?

Apparently weighed in at the combine at 106kg though.. conjecture about whether this is possible.

Has anyone found any decent video footage of the potential recruits this year? I know afl does short clips closer to the draft.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just sitting back and thinking: Is Fiorini our best midfielder as some claim? He gets absolute bucketloads of pill no doubt, but he doesn't really do a lot with it. Avgs 25 touches, but only kicked 5 goals this year and has a DE of 61%. He is a good link player but I think he really lacks that hurt factor someone like an Ainsworth has when he has the ball in hand.
We score about 8 goals a match
How are our mids "hurting the opposition" in that scenario?
Unless you're a Dangerfield or Fyfe who 'get and goal' it's hard
Dave Swallow is our version of that
Can bob up with a contested mark now and then and score
With the development of King and hopefully Rankine plus Wright and day I hope our mids will have some targets that can turn their disposals into goals
Must be heartbreaking for them to win the pill and look forward and just see chaos

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
We score about 8 goals a match
How are our mids "hurting the opposition" in that scenario?
Unless you're a Dangerfield or Fyfe who 'get and goal' it's hard
Dave Swallow is our version of that
Can bob up with a contested mark now and then and score
With the development of King and hopefully Rankine plus Wright and day I hope our mids will have some targets that can turn their disposals into goals
Must be heartbreaking for them to win the pill and look forward and just see chaos
I think our forwards could counter claim it's heartbreaking to see midfield turn the ball over and over, ignoring leads and just kicking bombs forward.

Sun Stormer

Mature Age Recruit
Jul 27, 2018
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Did anyone else hear that the rookie spots 10 are all Cat A so the likes of Heron, Dawson, Towey aren’t included in those spots.

That’s going to mean a lot of list shuffling
Dawson and Heron will probably be flicked - musn't be too far away before the de-listings are made known. Needs to be quite a few going I'd say.

Sun Stormer

Mature Age Recruit
Jul 27, 2018
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I think our forwards could counter claim it's heartbreaking to see midfield turn the ball over and over, ignoring leads and just kicking bombs forward.
Which is precisely why we need to bolster forwards as well as mids -might as well add backs in there to complete the requirements for 2020. Quite a few from 2019 will struggle to get a game if we draft and recruit well. Really interested to see who we bring in other than Rowell and Anderson to strengthen all the lines.

Back