List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

everything will fall into place. it'll just take time. hell! everyone knows GCS stuffed up when setting up the club just everyone wants to keep writing off the GCS and not give them another chance... I like Rowell's comments about the possibility of coming to the Suns. Just a kid who wants to get drafted and give 110% to which ever club that will be.

Hopefully the Elllis news is true. He is pretty good I reckon and improves the list. I’m ok with overpaying a little you simply don’t land the player if you don’t go hard and the number suggested didn’t seem as bad as scrimshaw for 400k
there is a lot of reports out there saying it... so fairly likely

Well, at least we attracted a best 22 player to the club.
Time will tell whether this is good news or not..

You said band aid fixes are being asked for by the Suns - but you don't really know what the Suns are asking for.
Nobody does but the fact that there is no noise around this i would say its only a PP

Hopefully the Elllis news is true. He is pretty good I reckon and improves the list. I’m ok with overpaying a little you simply don’t land the player if you don’t go hard and the number suggested didn’t seem as bad as scrimshaw for 400k
Yes agree , Have to consider that a melbourne boy having interest from 2-3 other melbourne clubs would need a reason to move interstate and to a team that needs help.

$450k - Essendon and $500k - GC he wouldnt be moving

What annoys me is that the real issue's are not being mentioned and just band aid fixes being asked for by the Suns.

The Suns need to ask the AFL for a significant amount of help and not just accept a PP and move on

* Club needs PP in 2019/2020/2021 to trade for an established under 30 player if not available can use in the draft
* Club needs extra 4 spots on the main list & 5 spots extra on the Rookie list for 5 years
* Club Needs an extra $1,000,000 on the cap for 5 years
* Club also needs to have the right to select 5 queensland players prelist them prior to the draft

This club cannot be fixed with just 1 x PP
The submission centres on many proposals to assist player retention.
Dew was already very vocal in saying that one PP isn't going to solve the issues. The club knows this!!!!

Extra spots on a list, extra cap space isn't going to help long term with player retention.

What will help is
-not having to match bids on our academy kids.
-NT as a zone.
-Extending first round draftees first contracts to 3 years (not likely) but part of the submission.
- player welfare spending
And many more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobody does but the fact that there is no noise around this i would say its only a PP
A number of interviews from Dew and Cochrane over the past few months have indicated there were multiple components addressed in the submission to the commission. Not just a PP - for the very reason you have outlaid.

I saw a Carlton poster saying today that they had a deal in place with Ellis, but apparently he asked for more money when they lost out on Coniglio. And then they passed on him. Whether that's true or BS, their loss is the Suns' gain. Yes, he's a mercenary who was looking for the highest bidder, and the Suns had to overpay a bit, but best 22 veterans don't grow on trees, this is a very good addition and shows that the Suns are capable of attracting notable players in FA.

I saw a Carlton poster saying today that they had a deal in place with Ellis, but apparently he asked for more money when they lost out on Coniglio. And then they passed on him. Their loss is the Suns' gain. Yes, he's a mercenary who was looking for the highest bidder, and the Suns had to overpay a bit, but best 22 veterans don't grow on trees, this is a very good addition and shows that the Suns are capable of attracting notable players in FA.
Yeah im debating with him on the main board about that and he has no info just what he heard probably read on forums, Ellis would not do that
His 1st contract at Richmond he instructed his manager just to accept what ever the club offered and not to negotiate and just sign.

Its on our board

Positive news about Ellis.

Now let's convince Greenwood to come and draft Rowell + Anderson. Our midfield is considerably better with those four and we will only have to give up a second/third rounder to secure Greenwood. The rest will cost us nothing.

Positive news about Ellis.

Now let's convince Greenwood to come and draft Rowell + Anderson. Our midfield is considerably better with those four and we will only have to give up a second/third rounder to secure Greenwood. The rest will cost us nothing.
this in spades

If it is 600K per year that is not overpaying by too much. I was expecting that figure. Anyway hopefully it might help to attract other free agents and trade targets.

Garry and Tim

@SENBreakfast

Tim is also reporting that the Suns will get picks one and two in the draft and take Matt Rowell and Noah Anderson. He believes they'll try to immediately extend their two-year deals to four years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back