List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry for stalking your board but just a couple of things from our side
1) Langdon has many good traits including speed and work rate but kicking is not one of them. Average kick at best.
2) We have our first pick still, would give that in a straight swap for an uncontracted Martin assuming its 10 or over. Would think 10-15 is pretty fair for uncontracted Martin

Finally, love what Dew is doing with your guys. Incredible what a good coach can do. Cant wait to see Rankine get on the park and make some poor defenders look stupid

1) Langdon has many good traits including speed and work rate but kicking is not one of them. Average kick at best.
2) We have our first pick still, would give that in a straight swap for an uncontracted Martin assuming its 10 or over. Would think 10-15 is pretty fair for uncontracted Martin

Finally, love what Dew is doing with your guys. Incredible what a good coach can do. Cant wait to see Rankine get on the park and make some poor defenders look stupid
Don’t think the suns would even consider opening talks for anything Like that unless it was two picks in that range

I think that’s about what we would expect all things considered. We would most likely lose any trade for him though if he gets to a club that will fire a rocket up him.
Ideally we would be looking for a player swap instead though, or on-trading any puck we get for a player instead of another draft pick around there.

I think that’s about what we would expect all things considered. We would most likely lose any trade for him though if he gets to a club that will fire a rocket up him.
Ideally we would be looking for a player swap instead though, or on-trading any puck we get for a player instead of another draft pick around there.
100% agreed, getting guys there is the hard part and you dont want to be in a situation like you were, where you are over-paying blokes to keep them there. I think you may have to keep to getting fringe b22's from contending teams for a couple of years until Dew has the place purring, then you have a better chance of bringing in players that you realistically want.

FWIW, I imagine Tucker or Langdon are gettable at this stage. I expect us to unfortunately lose one of them

If Adelaide happens to land Pick 1. Would the Suns entertain a trade for Lukosius and Rankine?

Have either of these two players signed contract extensions?

The interesting issue that the Suns should possible at least consider, is that if either Lukosius and or Rankine are problems to retain and the Suns look to trade them, this would be the year to do it to land Pick 1, especially if Suns have Pick 2. I cant imagine either Crows or Port having a pick as good as Pick 1 for at least the next 3 years.

This is the year you would get the most value for a 1st rounder for either Lukosius and or Rankine.

It would be a lock for both Rowell and Anderson.

Interesting and tough situation for all parties I would assume.
I know the Crows have never had a number 1 pick. But geez Grotto, two future stars picked at 2 and 3 for pick 1, cmon mate that’s robbery :)

Yep, all good mate

Make sure you visit us in R18 and bring your mates with you to our banned thread for opposition supporters.

You know the one, the one you visited early this year. Thank you for the epic laughs we had on it back in R4.

The only path open to the Suns, GWS and the Lions if they want a consistent finals team is to make it a place that young players want to stay long term.

Will always lose a few to the pull of home state cash or Mum and Dad or girlfriend, and get back picks or a bag of Sherrins.

But if you have a good young player who is happy to stay, then you Cannot Trade Them for more Draft Picks. You cannot.

Constantly trading players for picks? That way lies Madness and Torment. As in lying on the floor in a pool of cheap whiskey and vomit, wondering why we can't ever win more than 4 games.

...and that includes pick #1.

I don't believe freo have a first round draft pick, since they sold it to get Hogan. Its whatever they get this year.

We have our first pick this year.

Tucker, Langdon, Blakely all players I would defiantly be asking questions of.

Blakely would be a pretty low possibility. WA lad. Langdon and Tucker Vic boys do the contract would have to be pretty attractive.

Our pick would likely be 7-11 range this year. Would likely get it done with some minor swaps in later rounds maybe in our favor pending the exact pick. We have a few high rated NGA academy kids coming so we might need later picks

Make sure you visit us in R18 and bring your mates with you to our banned thread for opposition supporters.

You know the one, the one you visited early this year. Thank you for the epic laughs we had on it back in R4.

Iva Bigun what the heck is this about? I can’t figure out if Grotto is being friendly or being a nasty twat to one of my brothers.

We have our first pick this year.

Blakely would be a pretty low possibility. WA lad. Langdon and Tucker Vic boys do the contract would have to be pretty attractive.

Our pick would likely be 7-11 range this year. Would likely get it done with some minor swaps in later rounds maybe in our favor pending the exact pick. We have a few high rated NGA academy kids coming so we might need later picks
Not from what I've heard about Blakely from the mouth of his very good friend...

On Pixel 2 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t see any team giving two first round picks for jack is what I’m meaning
If he choose to go we will be asking for a top 10 pick.
But I could see a team offering Two late first round picks in the 15-18 range.

There will be a heap of teams chasing him

Last edited:
Iva Bigun what the heck is this about? I can’t figure out if Grotto is being friendly or being a nasty twat to one of my brothers.
I send a bit of time over there every now and again going back all the way to the Tippet trade, they are good bunch, up for a laugh. Yes they want to win and that includes at the draft table but every club is including ours.
They have never had a No1 pick and as such value it highly, I dare say somewhat more highly than it’s actual value

I send a bit of time over there every now and again going back all the way to the Tippet trade, they are good bunch, up for a laugh. Yes they want to win and that includes at the draft table but every club is including ours.
They have never had a No1 pick and as such value it highly, I dare say somewhat more highly than it’s actual value

I think a few posters think on here I am laying a trap lol for you guys to post on our forum and get banned. So far from the truth.

Can you tell them how you post freely and happily in our "No Opposition Supporters Thread" thread and that you are always welcomed. I will guarantee you there will be all Crows fans that will be wanting and supporting the Suns to tear the Blues apart later in the year when you play them at Marvel.

Good luck for the weekend, a win almost locks Carlton into the wooden spoon.

Mr Bods

I think a few posters think on here I am laying a trap lol for you guys to post on our forum and get banned. So far from the truth.

Can you tell them how you post freely and happily in our "No Opposition Supporters Thread" thread and that you are always welcomed. I will guarantee you there will be all Crows fans that will be wanting and supporting the Suns to tear the Blues apart later in the year when you play them at Marvel.

Good luck for the weekend, a win almost locks Carlton into the wooden spoon.

Mr Bods

As I said you are a good bunch and when we have something in common like Carltank the banter is excellent and welcoming

I encourage Suns fans to have a look for yourselves and not take my word for it because as you know I am a total flog :)

As I said you are a good bunch and when we have something in common like Carltank the banter is excellent and welcoming

I encourage Suns fans to have a look for yourselves and not take my word for it because as you know I am a total flog :)
No thanks Iva. I think I’ll just do what every South Aussie we have ever drafted has done and refuse to go back there ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back