List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
From what I’ve noticed with his predictions he just seems to throw darts and his strike rate is pretty low in throwing them.
In terms of his hate of the Gold Coast well after his dirty slimy acts taking advantage of an off the rails and vulnerable teenage girl, the work done by the mental health professionals at Currumbin saw him come back from the brink so if he had any class at all in him (which we all know he doesn’t) then he’d have some affection for our community.
Nixon still thinks Martin is our best player. That shows you he is throwing darts and has no idea.

Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Subiaco Lions
Responding to him still living with Evans or have you heard something else?
Heard nothing but chicken dick Nixon and this thread. I just pray it ain't true. The Fiorini rumour turned out to be a joke so hope this is too.

On Pixel 2 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Wouldn’t mind getting Deven Robertson from WA
Just broke Walshes record for touches over the carnival
Still needs to polish his kicking but kicking can be cleaned up.
Finding the ball not so much

With the Lions pick I would take whoever is left out of / or 1 of O'Neil, Robertson or Schoenberg.

Skinny flankers need not apply, ready made players only.
Hard to see Schoenberg being drafted first round.

That said, I don’t believe it’s a particularly strong or deep draft this year, so he might climb in to first round calculations.

Robertson should be there at “our” pick, and he’s possibly an ideal kid with the right character for GC.

O’Neill is still pretty light weight, but is a kid who cracks in.

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What does the article say? You need a subscription to view it
Nothing new just another copy and paste article so the website can get a few clicks.
Just the normal article linking us to jarryd roughead, isaac smith and Stephen hill.

Goddard also said if he was working for the Suns he would be asking for 2 good picks for Martin if he wants out.

While he probably hasn’t lived up to his potential, Martin certainly has star upside and I’m not letting that walk out the door without a good return.

If the Suns can turn him into two good young kids, which gives them that little bit of extra depth, then it is potentially a win-win.

While they currently reside in the AFL doldrums, I don’t think it is all doom and gloom for the Gold Coast.

Also saying we have asked a few guys to take pay cuts like Sam day and ah chee.

Also saying the club will part ways with Tom Nicholls

Link

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Nothing new just another copy and paste article so the website can get a few clicks.
Just the normal article linking us to jarryd roughead, isaac smith and Stephen hill.

Also saying we have asked a few guys to take pay cuts like Sam day and ah chee.

Also saying the club will part ways with Tom Nicholls

Fair call same old rubbish then. Thanks gents

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fair call same old rubbish then. Thanks gents
Been a rough time for the Suns in retaining players.

In some positive news my 10 year old declared the other day that he will only ever be interested in being drafted to 1 club ...The Suns. It’s his life ambition to live at Rainbow Bay.

He did kick 7 in 3 x 12 minute quarters last week end - so maybe a chance in a few years !!

GCStormie

Team Captain
Aug 29, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
WCE, Renault F1, Scorchers
Been a rough time for the Suns in retaining players.

In some positive news my 10 year old declared the other day that he will only ever be interested in being drafted to 1 club ...The Suns. It’s his life ambition to live at Rainbow Bay.

He did kick 7 in 3 x 12 minute quarters last week end - so maybe a chance in a few years !!
Still time to make his dream come true... just gotta move to Queensland somewhere in the Suns academy zone :p

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Your second first round pick will be an interesting choice.

I would have liked to see Brodie Kemp at the Suns, but it’s highly unlikely, unless you move up to a top 4-5 pick.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Your second first round pick will be an interesting choice.

I would have liked to see Brodie Kemp at the Suns, but it’s highly unlikely, unless you move up to a top 4-5 pick.
Suns can expect to get first round pick for Martin. Combined with Lions pick Suns could move up if interested.

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
Got to write something every day so just keep rewriting the same stuff that has been out there all year.

I am OK if there is actual journalism involved, like talking to player agents and sources at clubs. Seems like the Bulletin is doing that this year, Fish Whiting does talk to people as well.

For example, the first time that someone reported that Martin was looking to leave last year was actual journalism. The nugget the other day about lower contracts for Sam Day and Ah Chee was actual journalism.

But most of the tripe out of the big Melbourne papers on the Suns is just the edible lining out of animal stomachs.

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Adelaide's Sam Jacobs and Gold Coast's Sam Day have also had their unrestricted status changed to restricted – due to both being in the top 25 per cent of earners at their clubs.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Suns can expect to get first round pick for Martin. Combined with Lions pick Suns could move up if interested.
When I’m looking at the draft pool and draft order, from my amateur arm chair perspective, the most likely players available at the Lions pick are pretty similar to Matt Rowell (like Deven Robertson) or are players where I hope one slips to the Lions.

I would love to see Dylan Stephens at GC (and Brisbane), as he has the potential to be something special on the wing.

The other prospects are Mitch O’Neill a hard at it, smaller inside outside mid. Or Trent Rivers, a tall classy balanced mid who can also play as a general defender.

Rivers really stands out as a player who thinks through the game, and will change his intended target if required.

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
When I’m looking at the draft pool and draft order, from my amateur arm chair perspective, the most likely players available at the Lions pick are pretty similar to Matt Rowell (like Deven Robertson) or are players where I hope one slips to the Lions.

I would love to see Dylan Stephens at GC (and Brisbane), as he has the potential to be something special on the wing.

The other prospects are Mitch O’Neill a hard at it, smaller inside outside mid. Or Trent Rivers, a tall classy balanced mid who can also play as a general defender.

Rivers really stands out as a player who thinks through the game, and will change his intended target if required.

Where we are (and where the Lions were a couple of years ago), the most important thing is to find good players in the early rounds who are also good characters and are likely to take on the challenge of playing in Qld. Sort out the rest later, including best position. Good players with good character find a way.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Where we are (and where the Lions were a couple of years ago), the most important thing is to find good players in the early rounds who are also good characters and are likely to take on the challenge of playing in Qld. Sort out the rest later, including best position. Good players with good character find a way.
All four of the kids I mentioned tick the character box.

Back