List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, absolutely silly to even be mentioning it to be honest.

We have 2 10 year key position players and an out and out gun.

If we end up with 2, take one of Anderson or Rowell and back our new system to integrate them in well.

I said at the time if we retained 2 of the 3 that would be good.

Though I doubt Dew would be giving King a game this early if they didn't think he would be hanging around.

Why put the development into someone if they are leaving? Rather they play players who will be here.

And Will Brodie a No

And Sam Day to walk to another club for free

Sam Day will get some sort of F/A Compo because he is a restricted free agent meaning he must be on a decent wedge.

I said at the time if we retained 2 of the 3 that would be good.

Though I doubt Dew would be giving King a game this early if they didn't think he would be hanging around.

Why put the development into someone if they are leaving? Rather they play players who will be here.

Sam Day will get some sort of F/A Compo because he is a restricted free agent meaning he must be on a decent wedge.
That was my thought, surely from the article i read the other day the suns were confident in signing the 3 picks from last year. Why blood a player if he shows no interest for the long term? Hopefully they all sign on

why we are even discussing trading two top 3 draft picks that were drafted less than a year ago is ******* beyond me, just because a club from their home state has pick 1.

unless there's some tom boyd like situation going on, there is jack all reason why our club would trade either of those two guys the year after drafting them.

people get obsessed with draft picks, and continually getting high draft picks. i'd rather see us try and develop the players we select, rather than continually keep flipping value for a higher draft position. if that's the stance our club has we are doomed to be on the bottom of the ladder forever.

Relax fellas. It's a draft thread with hypotheticals. I don't think any of us are about to walk into Metricon stadium and stamp Jacks transfer papers.

What enters my head in a discussion like this is that a St Kilda or Adelaide lurker will read our private conversation here and then go back to their board and misconstrue it to say Suns Fans have given up on King or Luko or whomever and it then grows legs and feeds into the sickening entitlement they already have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I reckon they would want him too. Thanks for bringing this up it’s crossed my mind we could end up with pick 2 and have access to pick 1 by an Adelaide trade too for Lukosius but given the current environment I thought it might upset the usuals too much coming from me and that’s a real shame.

Bods .. how do you feel the new draftees have gone?...

I doubt you could have got better quality.. but , imo , its shows how some luck and some type adapt to the higher level quicker than others. From what I have seen the two this year would likely adapt quickly .. so whether that encourages GC being proactive .if you could get both.. time will tell.

Do you have an academy kids coming thru this year?

It is a tough one - you wouldn't put his name up to the crows and propose any deals if he is committed to the club. Once the genie is out of the bottle it would be tough to put it back in.

I imagine if the Crows came knocking with a deal that was palatable (maybe Luko + Lions 1st pick for #1 and a Crows future 2nd pick) then they would be negligent not to consider but you couldn't be negotiating in public or for long.

Its a pro environment.. and part of that is always looking at alternatives , if player or other clubs raise them.. doesn't mean you have to act if you dont like the deal while players are contracted..

What an absolute laugh that people on here say don't even talk about it.

This is a fan forum that means jack s**t in the real world and people should be free, like myself, to offer baseless opinions based on a number of factors:

The top 2 kids are real life long best mates - not King and Luko 'your my best mate at the club but I'll still bounce to get back home if I can.'

If you get these kids together you could probably bank on them being together for the next 12 years

Our midfield is our greatest weakness and getting in two top liners to bolster our greatest weakness changes the narrative and provides better balance to our list.

If Luko wants to commit then all of this mute and you commit to him and move on.

If you get one of Rowell or Anderson then that is the leverage to get the other mate to come later down the track if Luko wants to leave in the future.

If we don't get a top 2 pick then we are not even having this conversation.

Bods .. how do you feel the new draftees have gone?...

I doubt you could have got better quality.. but , imo , its shows how some luck and some type adapt to the higher level quicker than others. From what I have seen the two this year would likely adapt quickly .. so whether that encourages GC being proactive .if you could get both.. time will tell.

Do you have an academy kids coming thru this year?

I reckon I’m one of the least qualified to discuss our draftees performance but here goes
Lukosius-has struggled physically so far and not getting enough touches however his most recent performances has been encouraging.
Rankine-we only saw him in the pre-season but the wow factor he showed then was immense. Off field what he says is so encouraging, he could turn out to be a true Suns star and legend.
King-early games he couldn’t get a touch but Week by week he’s become more dominant in Reserve Grade.
McLennan-so far a bit disappointing.

Re Academy Kids-I’m pretty sure we have quite a few that will be drafted next year, the most exciting is Connor Nutting.

EDIT-see below re my identity stuff up

Last edited:
I reckon I’m one of the least qualified to discuss our draftees performance but here goes
Lukosius-has struggled physically so far and not getting enough touches however his most recent performances has been encouraging.
Rankine-we only saw him in the pre-season but the wow factor he showed then was immense. Off field what he says is so encouraging, he could turn out to be a true Suns star and legend.
King-early games he couldn’t get a touch but Week by week he’s become more dominant in Reserve Grade.

Re Academy Kids-I’m pretty sure we have quite a few that will be drafted next year, the most exciting is Connor Nutting.

Connor Nutting? Bods has got the Scotch out early.

Seek help 😁

EDIT-see below re my identity stuff up

Wouldn't say that .. I asked for your feel as I see you as heart and feel type follower. My assesments are the superficial of an observer who supports another club but also wishes success to the struggling & new clubs. Your assessments are the ones of someone feels the progress. I doubt anyone who has read your posts could doubt your passion.:thumbsu:

I'm not surprised by Luk perfromance so far.. as much as some other didnt want to here it on other boards ..I could see similarities between him and Watts I think he has a bit more to his game , and will develop but the way he played reminded me of JW at times. Rankines injury has been unfortunate. If you remember I think I was an advocate for grabbing both Kings..but no matter. I have been impressed by the kid you got in the Ablett deal. Powell. Shows how patience and time can reward and one can not expect too much too soon.

Your game style this year has probably not suited the less mature anyway.. while frustrating at times , I see it as growing pains in that being competitive is encouraging to players in and those that are possibles.. players being what they are look at a situation and what they could add or how they could make a club better. being so close to winning a lot more means players will look at GC as being on the up (imo)

Yes Budarick... I saw him play in the game V Melb VFL side. Looks promising.

Last edited:
Thinking about the little I've seen from Rowell and Anderson if I was looking for player comparisons I would say:

Rowell - cross between Selwood's hardness and will and the power of smaller but better Clayton Oliver

Anderson - have not seen as much of him but maybe could play that Degoey role of a tall midfielder that can go forward and snag multiple goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back