List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Walsh seemed like the biggest slam dunk in years.
No 1 pick Murphy , Patrick Cripps , No6 Sps, no 4 pick paddy Dow ,no 5 Setterfield . If Walsh don't look like the biggest slam dunk in years as no 1 pick something is wrong .

Last edited:
No 1 pick Murphy , Patrick Cripps , No6 Sps, no 4 pick paddy Dow ,no 5 Setterfield . If Walsh don't look like the biggest slam dunk in years as no 1 pick something is wrong .
Not sure what the point of this post is.

SPS and Setterfield have really done anything yet, and neither has looked like the best player from their draft. Nor Paddy Dow for that matter.

I reckon the Exodus will be from Hawks and GWS

You may very well be correct, there were a couple of our younger players that were approached by opposition clubs at the end of last season.

They however chose to stay and fight for a spot in the side.

If for some unfortunate reason they are unable to cement a spot, there may be a couple willing to move.

It's unfortunate to read about Will Brodie, if he were to leave would you be after a pick or player?

All the best for the remainder of the season.

With a few potential academy prospects coming through putting their hands up to be drafted who will be pushed out? Heron dawson wigg nutting sheer schoenfield Leslie? Nicholls free agent will be gone? I’d be worried if I were any of those

With a few potential academy prospects coming through putting their hands up to be drafted who will be pushed out? Heron dawson wigg nutting sheer schoenfield Leslie? Nicholls free agent will be gone? I’d be worried if I were any of those
I think the only 2 that are likely to remain on the list is Scheer and maybe Dawson. The rest are goneski.

Martin is playing like he has 1 foot out the door.

Thinking 2 top 10 picks (sorry Brisbane), plus a decent pick for Martin, plus Ace and Ashton Crossley from the academy. May mean we hang on to a couple of the guys on the list to build on the culture.

On CPH1725 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can’t believe Nicholls has lasted as long as he has nearly 10 years. No other club would waste cap space on him. Witts and Wright are a far better option. Can’t see the need for him going on.

Loving a few of the top 20 kids in this year's draft.

Butters, Rozee, Clark, Caldwell are all going to be real quality.

Also would have been all over Constable in his draft year but wouldn't swap him for either Powell or Ballard though

Can’t believe Nicholls has lasted as long as he has nearly 10 years. No other club would waste cap space on him. Witts and Wright are a far better option. Can’t see the need for him going on.

I think he was originally kept in case witts goes down but he is always injured himself so just a waste keeping him

Loving a few of the top 20 kids in this year's draft.

Butters, Rozee, Clark, Caldwell are all going to be real quality.

Also would have been all over Constable in his draft year but wouldn't swap him for either Powell or Ballard though

I like Duursma too .

Sad to said this , Brisbane look like top 8 material , the composure is there when under pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ainsworth too hehehehehe .
Ainsworth wasn't either, he just said he wanted to play for us leading up to the draft, because he played with Schache, Mathieson and Skinner, who we all drafted the year before.

Ainsworth and Schache set a goal scoring record at the 2015 U18 Nationals for Vic country when Schache was a top age player who kicked 24 goals, and Ainsworth was a bottom age player who kicked 16 goals, and Vic country won the tournament.

Ainsworth wasn't either, he just said he wanted to play for us leading up to the draft, because he played with Schache, Mathieson and Skinner, who we all drafted the year before.

Ainsworth and Schache set a goal scoring record at the 2015 U18 Nationals for Vic country when Schache was a top age player who kicked 24 goals, and Ainsworth was a bottom age player who kicked 16 goals, and Vic country won the tournament.
Since you are the Draft person , any players you knew that are worth drafting mid Season .

With such a young team , injuries happen .

Since you are the Draft person , any players you knew that are worth drafting mid Season .
Mid season draft is about the mature agers playing in the various State leagues which is not my thing I'm afraid. I follow those who follow the U18's. Pretty much same as you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back