List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing super well. Would love to bring in a couple of great midfielders to put the cream on the top. Hopefully using our cap space we should have to try and lure someone to put the finishing touches in the midfield on.

Bring in two/three state league mid/utility players in mid season draft , test them up for half a season . If no good can always send them back to state league . Risca look good for NeAFL but he going to retire end of the season anywhere , better let him retire mid season and find his replacement earlier who might contribute straight away in AFL .

After today’s performance I hope we can show/attract A/B graders, how good it’ll be to play footy on the coast with this upcoming youngsters

Would love the 2 x best performing pacey state league mids in the mid-season draft and then somehow convince an A-grade mid or potential A-grade mid to join us in the trades period at end of season.

And please Mr Dew, try Sam Day at full forward, Wright CHF and Corbett on a fwd flank. At least for a couple of games to see if it works?

Last edited:
Would love the 2 x best performing pacey state league mids in the draft and then somehow convince an A-grade mid or potential A-grade mid to join us in the trades period.

And please Mr Dew, play Sam Day at full forward and Corbett on a fwd flank. At least for a couple of games to see if it works?
Good quality mids are in much more abundance than quality key forwards/backs. I reckon if we continue to show something, we can sell hope to any people looking to come in. Again, I would love someone like Cunningham from Sydney (as unlikely as it is), perhaps use Dew's contacts there, is a RFA as well, so wouldn't need to trade him. But there are options out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coming from a person that said GC don't know how to develop players , I don't really think much about his ranking especially Budarick .I rated Budarick but 11 is way too high just like how he rated McFadden (top 20) from Brisbane last year but went at pick 42 .Koenan highly rated here but went undrafted .

Last edited:
Coming from a person that said GC don't know how to develop players , I don't really think much about his ranking especially Budarick .I rated Budarick but 11 is way too high just like how he rated McFadden (top 20) from Brisbane last year but went at pick 42 .Koenan highly rated here but went undrafted .
He has some funny picks.

He has some funny picks.
He dislike GCS picking his favourite Lukosius and think we destroy his career . With Rankine, Lemmen ,Sam Fletcher, back I don't mind lukosius having a spell in NEAfL especially against Aspley.

Gold Coast Academy manager Jason Torney on Budarick

He's small in stature but huge in courage and character.
He's a great leader of our footy club, he kicks it off both legs really well, he's got dynamite speed, he's got a great tank and he's really hard at it.
He really ticks all of the AFL attribute boxes. He's just going to have to work his arse off to be versatile so he can play in different spots, being a little bit shorter.

Budarick is 176 cm.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-07/suns-break-through-to-clinch-afl-academy-series

Don't mind using Richmond pick on Budarick, Bailey Scott was a better player last year . Something is wrong if your academy manager said bad thing about you before U18 championship.( But sometime you do get some rough diamond like Sydney stack as a rookie pick )

Last edited:
Don't mind using Richmond pick on Budarick, Bailey Scott was a better player last year . Something is wrong if your academy manager said bad thing about you before U18 championship.( But sometime you do get some rough diamond like Sydney stack as a rookie pick )
Stack was rated as possibly the best W.A. kid last year. He just had a heap of off field issues impacting his personal life.

He was wasn’t a rough diamond talent wise.

With the Crows holding Carlton's first pick (likely 1-3) can anyone see the Crows offering that up for Rankine or Lukosius a year early? Not that we'd take it or want it.
Yes, they 100% will. I imagine that was their idea in the start. Given the top 2 are really elite gun mids as well, we might look at it depending on how the contract negotiations are going.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back