Remove this Banner Ad

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I don't think GC take it , is a bit of slap in the face your recruiting don't do due diligence when it come to picking the right player for your club. Melbourne club will be sneaking in for 2019 no 1 pick in 2020 just like Adelaide on Lukosius and Rankine .

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
With the Crows holding Carlton's first pick (likely 1-3) can anyone see the Crows offering that up for Rankine or Lukosius a year early? Not that we'd take it or want it.
Very first thing I thought of at the time of the trade.

Yes, they 100% will. I imagine that was their idea in the start. Given the top 2 are really elite gun mids as well, we might look at it depending on how the contract negotiations are going.

I also expect St Kilda to bottom out, and end up with a top 5 pick, and wouldn't be surprised t see them come asking about King.

Might be a tough trade period for your lot. Wouldn't wish on you. Honestly hope the kids stay.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
I don't think GC take it , is a bit of slap in the face your recruiting don't do due diligence when it come to picking the right player for your club. Melbourne club will be sneaking in for 2019 no 1 pick in 2020 just like Adelaide on Lukosius and Rankine .
Yeah, my thoughts.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I see Fitzroy Greenwool was awarded a NEAFL Rising Star nomination this week after his four goal performance against the NT Thunder. Are we a chance to pick him up in the mid-season draft in a few weeks?

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
I see Fitzroy Greenwool was awarded a NEAFL Rising Star nomination this week after his four goal performance against the NT Thunder. Are we a chance to pick him up in the mid-season draft in a few weeks?
I really doubt it. I love him, but I'm not sure Fitzroy has the weapons or body size to compete at AFL level. He struggles most week against NEAFL level opponents. We had to have complete midfield domination for him to get involved at this level, for instance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hamilton on Suns targets in mid-season draft

Gold Coast met this week to formulate their plan. Do they create a position and if they do are they after a ready to go player, preferably an ex-AFL player, who can slot into the side in case of an injury or look for someone they can develop into a long term player?

South Fremantle’s Marlion Pickett was one player they tracked closely last season. Kyle Dunkley, son of Swans star Andrew and brother of Bulldog Josh is another linked to the club. Claremont’s 21-year-old ruckman Jeremy Goddard or former Sun McKenzie Willis could be also in the frame.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...SCQhr_Lsiwv_ZkEBC9E6L1agZhWEFnsjPoRSzznVQa2bo

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
Kyle Dunkley and bring in Josh in the off season :p

Super optimistic.
Haha thought exactly the same thing.
I mentioned Josh Dunkley in here a few weeks ago as a target as his contract ends this year and wasn't getting midfield time. He's since gone back in there and starred the last 2 weeks.
Get Kyle now! ;)

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
The return we’ve all waited for: McKenzie Willis..
Dare I say the return of the Mack?
CCADEC1E-4C8B-46D4-B3DF-BE0565649E49.jpeg

Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Subiaco Lions
Mackenzie Willis is such a nice guy. I messaged him after he was delisted to wish him the best and thank him for not being like Barlow by rubbishing the club. He just said he was so appreciative for the opportunity the Suns gave him and loves the club so could never speak badly of us. Great bloke.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Please no more injury prone players especially Willis . I kind of understand why Barlow said bad thing , he gave his all to GCS NEAFL team ( Jaw injury ) , Willis pretty much sitting out the whole NEAFL season without playing a game .

If GCS going for Southport player , Tyler Roos please ,good size..

*You can't rubbish a club that paid your salary not doing anything for the club in any level for a year .

Last edited:
Back