List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

How long are we obligated to take these guys?
I mean, it would be beneficial for the development of King, Lukosius, Crossley etc.. for us to have quality lower grade mids just playing NEAFL for us.
If we could just pick them up for the rest of this year as NEAFL mids who may play a couple of games later in the year in the AFL team to see if they were worth keeping on.

Kind of like the 2 way contracts if people are familiar with the NBA.

Bit cutthroat but also beneficial.

How long are we obligated to take these guys?
I mean, it would be beneficial for the development of King, Lukosius, Crossley etc.. for us to have quality lower grade mids just playing NEAFL for us.
If we could just pick them up for the rest of this year as NEAFL mids who may play a couple of games later in the year in the AFL team to see if they were worth keeping on.

Kind of like the 2 way contracts if people are familiar with the NBA.

Bit cutthroat but also beneficial.

- Players must submit their contract terms when nominating

- A player on a short-term contract ending on October 31 the same year receives a minimum of $50,000, with a further $20,000 if they are not re-signed or picked up as a delisted free agent

- A player on a contract that ends on October 31 the following year is subject to the same terms as any other player

- An AFL club can re-sign a player as per the current rookie-list rules, otherwise the player becomes a delisted free agent

- The AFL will send the full nomination list to all AFL clubs and state league bodies

- An AFL club must pay 50 per cent of any advance payments to a drafted player's previous club before they are eligible to play a game

How about you help us and start losing games. Also if you could share the magic you use to prevent injuries.
I’ve seen my fair share of losses over the past decade as a Lions fan let me enjoy some wins ;) Having seen the results of what McCluggge and Berry have brought to the club both on field as gun mids but off field as well as best mates committing to the club and helping change our culture, I could see Rowell and Anderson doing the same for you guys. No doubt a huge factor in McCluggage and Berry fitting in so well in Bris is the fact that they had each other.

Marlion Pickett – South Fremantle (WAFL)

27yo, 184cm, 84kg
The WAFL's best midfielder, Pickett has been named for his first match on Saturday after missing the start to the year with a broken finger. Received strong interest from Gold Coast last year, with Richmond circling the readymade midfield option this season. With four young children, the move across the country was a big hurdle last November. Could a 10-week stint and a shot at an AFL flag appeal this time?

Maybe the 4 x young kids was the deal breaker for us or him last draft?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They would want both but thats not happing in one trade. Probably something for a Crow to answer .. but as a guess I'd say they would ask for Luk

Yeah I reckon they would want him too. Thanks for bringing this up it’s crossed my mind we could end up with pick 2 and have access to pick 1 by an Adelaide trade too for Lukosius but given the current environment I thought it might upset the usuals too much coming from me and that’s a real shame.

Yeah I reckon they would want him too. Thanks for bringing this up it’s crossed my mind we could end up with pick 2 and have access to pick 1 by an Adelaide trade too for Lukosius but given the current environment I thought it might upset the usuals too much coming from me and that’s a real shame.

That pick is dependant on Carlton. If they start winning ..we will see it change.

Last edited:
I don't see anyone other than us or Carlton finishing bottom two. It will be interesting to see how much Luk loves it here. He is gonna be a star, but if he is not showing anything more than being 100% committed long term then I would not be opposed to throwing him towards the Crows for #1.

I don't see anyone other than us or Carlton finishing bottom two. It will be interesting to see how much Luk loves it here. He is gonna be a star, but if he is not showing anything more than being 100% committed long term then I would not be opposed to throwing him towards the Crows for #1.

It is a tough one - you wouldn't put his name up to the crows and propose any deals if he is committed to the club. Once the genie is out of the bottle it would be tough to put it back in.

I imagine if the Crows came knocking with a deal that was palatable (maybe Luko + Lions 1st pick for #1 and a Crows future 2nd pick) then they would be negligent not to consider but you couldn't be negotiating in public or for long.

It is a tough one - you wouldn't put his name up to the crows and propose any deals if he is committed to the club. Once the genie is out of the bottle it would be tough to put it back in.

I imagine if the Crows came knocking with a deal that was palatable (maybe Luko + Lions 1st pick for #1 and a Crows future 2nd pick) then they would be negligent not to consider but you couldn't be negotiating in public or for long.
no bloody way.
luko was arguably a pick 1 last year and has shown no signs of not being as talented as suggested will also finish the season with 15odd games under his belt. i could stomach (barely) a straight swap for pick 1 if it meant we had 1 and 2 but to trade another 1st for a future 2nd is ludacris.

no bloody way.
luko was arguably a pick 1 last year and has shown no signs of not being as talented as suggested will also finish the season with 15odd games under his belt. i could stomach (barely) a straight swap for pick 1 if it meant we had 1 and 2 but to trade another 1st for a future 2nd is ludacris.
in saying that i believe luko isnt as close to resigning as the other 2 1st round picks from last year. just not sure how much of a gap though.

The idea to trade him seems to me absolutely idiotic and all the Suns haters would of been right about us just prepping him for Adelaide. In the ideal world all of last year top 3 picks are in our long term future plans or its a fail by the recruiters for not weeding them out.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back