List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide probably think that they could use Betts on his last legs as leverage for a Lukosius deal. Could be a Mexican stand off come trade time.

Ah Chee did come up but I didn’t hear what was said Cochblocked may have heard it though? Martin didn’t come up in the conversation surprisingly
I don't think a lot was said on him but i couldn't hear everything said either SUNS would know better. He didn't sound overly confident about Luko and King but it sounds like that's an issue more for next year.

Adelaide probably think that they could use Betts on his last legs as leverage for a Lukosius deal. Could be a Mexican stand off come trade time.
Seriously Lukosius would be mad to consider Adelaide. They are unravelling, rebuild coming. Port with Rozee, Duursma, Butters would be much more appealing. They just need to sack Hinkley.

Seriously Lukosius would be mad to consider Adelaide. They are unravelling, rebuild coming. Port with Rozee, Duursma, Butters would be much more appealing. They just need to sack Hinkley.
Evans said Adelaide and Port's troubles could see some players leave. I reckon if you weren't a fan of the media this period would be horrible. Someone like Greenwood or Powell Pepper might like the quietness of GC

There were reasons he went in to so much detail MaySwallow4Heron. Not sure how mcuh of it was meant to be put public but oh well :p

To add to the above from CanYouFeelTheSunburn and Cochblocked there are genuine concerns about one more of our young guns leaving end of NEXT year who nobody would expect :(

Ugghhh..that's got Ainsworth Fiorini or Charlie Ballard tattooed all over it
I was thinking the same 3 names but haven’t they all just re-signed recently ?

And Fiorini and his partner just purchased their first home

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was thinking the same 3 names but haven’t they all just re-signed recently ?

And Fiorini and his partner just purchased their first home

Not to mention his family are publicly vocal about loving it up here. So I don't know :(

To be fair. I didn't hear anything negative about Ainsworth or Ballard. . . I will leave it at that
Yeah-I presumed it was Fiorini but if he walks it will cost someone a top 10
Benny has been pretty up front about his loyalty and Charlie will just be doing his thing for us in 10 years time I reckon
I've actually thought Brayden's looked a bit distracted this season

I think Collins is up in 2020 as well maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yes, Collins's contract also expires in 2020 according to footywire. Is he young gun? Could be :) There is also Joyce, Schoenfeld and Harbrow :) I go with Schoenfeld, I can survive him leaving.

We don't have many players worthy of 'young gun' status so either we are being very liberal with the term or we are narrowing the field to about 2 players.

Not to mention his family are publicly vocal about loving it up here. So I don't know :(
If it is Fiorini Let’s hope it’s just his manager playing funny bugger pretending Fiorini is considered returning home to Victoria to get every dollar he can for his client to stay at the Suns

Last edited:
A few of us were down in the rooms after the game and had a chat to Mark Evans.

He indicated to us that Eddie Betts does want to play for us next year it’s just about how we can make it happen and what we will need to give up as he is contracted with Adelaide next year, it is expected to be done though.

He also indicated that Hugh Greenwood and Brandon Ellis are likely to come to us during the trade period.

Also Sam Powell-Pepper’s manager has been reaching out to us directly about the potential of Sam playing for us next year this one is less likely but could happen.

Also likely that Jarryd Roughead will join us next year under a coaching role.
Waiting for confirmation from Skav on this one...

You say you don't want players with suspect ball use then recommend SPP? Lol he's absolutely dreadful, far worse than Ellis

James Brayshaw IQ = 4
when the Tigers were going poorly Brandon Ellis was their own whipping boy even Tigers supporters wanted to get rid of him as they though he was a spud now either he has gotten a lot better or he is playing in a great team, I would be suspicious how he would go in our current state

Hmm lot of info there.
Guess Evans feels the need to throw our most loyal fans a bone after the performance this year.

Greenwood - tick - hopefully doesn’t take Brodie’s position!
Ellis - have my reservations.
Betts - big tick (as long as it leads to re-signatures)
King and luko - mildly concerning but will wait and see. Brayden would be very disappointing if he asked to leave. Feel as though he is a winger played out of position a little. Despite his numbers don’t think he’s been that great this year actually. First full year though. Wonder if his manager is saying 25 possessions per game as a 21 year old - 900k per please and we are no where near that mark.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

As others have said, rejecting any players with any attitude issues at all meant the Lions wouldn't have got Mitch Robinson. There are also plenty of champions who are characters off the field, like Dusty. Sometimes all that these guys need is a few years to grow up, and a change of scenery can help. I'd be right into SPP if I were the Suns, he's good enough to start.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back