List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

A few of us were down in the rooms after the game and had a chat to Mark Evans.

He indicated to us that Eddie Betts does want to play for us next year it’s just about how we can make it happen and what we will need to give up as he is contracted with Adelaide next year, it is expected to be done though.

He also indicated that Hugh Greenwood and Brandon Ellis are likely to come to us during the trade period.

Also Sam Powell-Pepper’s manager has been reaching out to us directly about the potential of Sam playing for us next year this one is less likely but could happen.

Also likely that Jarryd Roughead will join us next year under a coaching role.

You could see Roughys affection on the field yesterday with some of our players. He was loving it out there, he saw it as a training drill and he had already stamped his mark.
He’s already arrived guys! ;)

A few of us were down in the rooms after the game and had a chat to Mark Evans.

He indicated to us that Eddie Betts does want to play for us next year it’s just about how we can make it happen and what we will need to give up as he is contracted with Adelaide next year, it is expected to be done though.

He also indicated that Hugh Greenwood and Brandon Ellis are likely to come to us during the trade period.

Also Sam Powell-Pepper’s manager has been reaching out to us directly about the potential of Sam playing for us next year this one is less likely but could happen.

Also likely that Jarryd Roughead will join us next year under a coaching role.
Thanks for this! I’ve been waiting for some quality intel. Much appreciated.

As others have said, rejecting any players with any attitude issues at all meant the Lions wouldn't have got Mitch Robinson. There are also plenty of champions who are characters off the field, like Dusty. Sometimes all that these guys need is a few years to grow up, and a change of scenery can help. I'd be right into SPP if I were the Suns, he's good enough to start.
Totally disagree, mitch Robinson is delisted by Carlton and cost nothing (in term of draft pick) . SPP is a first round pick and going to cost a lot of money and draft pick.

I am only surmising, I believe, the only reason we have not put pen to paper with the young guns, luko and king, is the fact we are being cautious with our dollars. I would do the same if I was in their position. If you are potentially getting a COLA type deal, you would want to know where you stand before you whip your cheque book out. We will resign them, it’s just when. Naturally they’re managers want the top dollars, we want to help where we can, but we want to know if we are entitled to any assistance first before we splash the cash. Only makes sense..

I am only surmising, I believe, the only reason we have not put pen to paper with the young guns, luko and king, is the fact we are being cautious with our dollars. I would do the same if I was in their position. If you are potentially getting a COLA type deal, you would want to know where you stand before you whip your cheque book out. We will design them, naturally they’re managers want the top dollars, we want to help where we can, but we want to know if we are entitled to any assistance first before we splash the cash.

I like this idea.

I also would like to think we are playing a bit of 'ducks and drakes' and that we have them on ice until we find out what concessions we are getting:

1. So we know how much dollars we can pay;

2. If there is the threat of them leaving does it support a case for a PP given the uncertainty

Value of discussed players:

Ellis = FA = no cost
Greenwood = low 2nd / high 3rd (uncontracted so potential PSD pick)
SPP (contracted until end of 2020) = early/mid 2nd Rd
Betts = not worth more than a late 2nd Rd pick but would downgrade Lions pick for Greenwood & Betts package given need for veteran presence / name recognition / Rankine connection

Value of discussed players:

Ellis = FA = no cost
Greenwood = low 2nd / high 3rd (uncontracted so potential PSD pick)
SPP (contracted until end of 2020) = early/mid 2nd Rd
Betts = not worth more than a late 2nd Rd pick but would downgrade Lions pick for Greenwood & Betts package given need for veteran presence / name recognition / Rankine connection
Any chance doing a deal with Sydney, they got a lot of second and third round pick? But I want to keep next year second round pick the lucky charm.

I can imagine other clubs would be doing their best to entice Fiorini, but he's been one of the most vocal in sticking with the Suns. I guess money could come into it, but I think he wants to stay.

2MP may be a risk. He did re-sign this year, but I don't think it was long-term & he has looked a bit lost recently.

There were reasons he went in to so much detail MaySwallow4Heron. Not sure how mcuh of it was meant to be put public but oh well :p

To add to the above from CanYouFeelTheSunburn and Cochblocked there are genuine concerns about one more of our young guns leaving end of NEXT year who nobody would expect :(

People have been suggesting Fiorini. I'm not in that camp but I'm starting to think, could it be Peter Wright. Hasn't had a good year, been sent back to the 2's, seems to have lost confidence, and is listed on the Contract page as his contract ending in 2019.....not sure if that's up to date though.

I don’t see the logic in bringing in a Cooked Eddy Betts when he doesn’t run defensively when we kept players like Brodie out of the team for the same reasons. Plus we have small forwards of the caliber of Rankine and Ainsworth already.

If we lose Fiorini, Luko and King and gain Ellis, Betts and Greenwood that’s a net loss.

Save the cash and do what you have to to keep the 3 young guns

I don’t see the logic in bringing in a Cooked Eddy Betts when he doesn’t run defensively when we kept players like Brodie out of the team for the same reasons. Plus we have small forwards of the caliber of Rankine and Ainsworth already.

If we lose Fiorini, Luko and King and gain Ellis, Betts and Greenwood that’s a net loss.

Save the cash and do what you have to to keep the 3 young guns
Greenwood is potentially a best 22 player - Betts would be there for guidance and crowd draw only and Ellis can stay at Tigers. I agree money should be thrown at both Luko and King BUT we need bigger and more experienced bodies around them to improve. ...and Luko and King are forwards so stop burning Luko down back particularly during this phase when they are being bombed repeatedly. I'd certainly put 2MP up for trade bait and there are a few others that might surprise given we will have to give up some to get what we want. Will be an interesting trade period - looking forward to some shock names being tossed out there. Fiorini probably stays as he's just bought a house here?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People have been suggesting Fiorini. I'm not in that camp but I'm starting to think, could it be Peter Wright. Hasn't had a good year, been sent back to the 2's, seems to have lost confidence, and is listed on the Contract page as his contract ending in 2019.....not sure if that's up to date though.
2MP signed a 3 year deal in May

Jamie Elliott would be a good get.
Collingwood don’t won’t to offer him a long term deal because he’s been a little injury prone.
He’s only 26 and is an Unrestricted free agent

Jamie Elliott would be a good get.
Collingwood don’t won’t to offer him a long term deal because he’s been a little injury prone.
He’s only 26 and is an Unrestricted free agent
Is a match-winner on his day.
Sort of player we need
I yawn when I read about Greenwood Ellis etc
Good bit players in a good team-in our team?
Not so sure
They're not taking us to the next level

Is a match-winner on his day.
Sort of player we need
I yawn when I read about Greenwood Ellis etc
Good bit players in a good team-in our team?
Not so sure
They're not taking us to the next level
They are an upgrade on GHS and Murdoch at least don't you think?

Worse places to buy a house
Greenwood is potentially a best 22 player - Betts would be there for guidance and crowd draw only and Ellis can stay at Tigers. I agree money should be thrown at both Luko and King BUT we need bigger and more experienced bodies around them to improve. ...and Luko and King are forwards so stop burning Luko down back particularly during this phase when they are being bombed repeatedly. I'd certainly put 2MP up for trade bait and there are a few others that might surprise given we will have to give up some to get what we want. Will be an interesting trade period - looking forward to some shock names being tossed out there. Fiorini probably stays as he's just bought a house here?

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jamie Elliot should be a high priority is injury prone but super talent.
Greenwood and SPP would be on my radar both strong aggressive players.
Eddie well pass his best would want at least two years playing contract on big money -total waste.
Ellis handy but not worth big money.

Of those names in order of excitement for mine...
1. Ellis
2. Greenwood
--small daylight--
3. SPP
--Gaping Chasm--
4. Betts

As long as the club know they're getting a pure outside mid, and play him as such Ellis will offer the most value of those by quite some way. a few years ago when he was a constant winger for Richmond (before they were a premiership team) he was averaging 25+ touches a game for two seasons. Still only 26.

Hope they don't take Betts

Lukosius was borderline unplayable at the start of the year as a forward who relies on this Sun's team having to lace him out on the lead. The backline at least gives him a chance to play to his strengths and make a contribution now and get valuable AFL experience.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back