The tiers would be

1-2

Big gap

3-10

Not as big gap

10-15

Decent gap

15-30
I’m not sure the gap between the first two and the next 5 or so players is a big gap.

I do believe there’s a gap between the second and third group of players.

1-2

3-10

11-20’ish

21-35+

My swing players are Trent Rivers at 11 and Luke Jackson at 12. They could so easily join the second group.

Burgoyne news is good that we are still in talks, meaning that he is still keen to pursue it.

Ellis I wouldn't mind, as opposed to others who would flat out be against it.

Masten and Schofield are both solid players. Wouldn't be offering more than a couple of years to either but for 2 years they could do a job.

Maybe its just me but I don't want anymore players that other clubs don't want.
They don't want them for a reason .
Reason not good enough.
Happy to look at VFL SAFL WAFL etc players who have never been drafted previously.
Watched Ellis closely Saturday night and its a definite no from me, has no qualities that will assist us.

Maybe its just me but I don't want anymore players that other clubs don't want.
They don't want them for a reason .
Reason not good enough.
Happy to look at VFL SAFL WAFL etc players who have never been drafted previously.
Watched Ellis closely Saturday night and its a definite no from me, has no qualities that will assist us.
The issue with that, is they haven't been drafted previously for a reason. Look at Corbett, can take a mark and run, but his goal kicking is a diabolical. Burgess has only just been ok.

We didn't want Lyons and looked what happened :p

Players like Masten have played 16 games this season for a premiership contender (not that I am totally advocating for him). Ellis currently a part of a team on a premiership push. And brings us outside run and dash, which IMO we don't have a lot of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we were getting Ellis for around $350k fair enough, if where paying $500k plus we are making in MY OPINION
a shocking decision which unfortunately we are famous for doing.
I have family members who go to all Richmond games and they don't rate Ellis at all, they reckon slight upgrade
on Corey Ellis -enough said.
Understand the club has to take risks but we are at a stage where wise choices are becoming paramount if we are
to improve .

If we were getting Ellis for around $350k fair enough, if where paying $500k plus we are making in MY OPINION
I have family members who go to all Richmond games and they don't rate Ellis at all, they reckon slight upgrade
Understand the club has to take risks but we are at a stage where wise choices are becoming paramount if we are
to improve .
Not a fan, but there's a strong chance he'll be a dual Premiership player by October, so there is that

to improve .
Spot on.
Ellis would be a great pick us for our club but not at the current dollar value that’s been reported.
He’s a 350k-400k a year player not a 600k+

With the way the CBA is going 350k is going to be under the average. I'm comfortable paying him 450k - 500k.

Martin probably takes a fair bit of cap space with him, and comparing the 2, Ellis has shown more than Martin to this point.

I can see us also heavily backending Burgoyne's deal when he is a coach for us as part of the soft cap.

The issue with that, is they haven't been drafted previously for a reason. Look at Corbett, can take a mark and run, but his goal kicking is a diabolical. Burgess has only just been ok.

We didn't want Lyons and looked what happened :p

Players like Masten have played 16 games this season for a premiership contender (not that I am totally advocating for him). Ellis currently a part of a team on a premiership push. And brings us outside run and dash, which IMO we don't have a lot of.
Corbett just got the yips in front of goal which is something he even admitted. Kicked 19.11 in the NEAFL and his goal kicking at Werribee before that was fine. I think he has the tools to make a very good AFL 3rd tall. The club are super excited with his progress. Quite a few clubs definitely would've drafted him.

Some here criticise Corbett and Burgess for no reason, KPP or third tall take time. All this SANFL, WAFL, VFL players pre season preparation is a lot difference than AFL players like casboult who is in the system for a long time. They come free with cheap wages compare to shoemakers, casboult and even 2MP.

Why, when they're being outperformed by players who have been on AFL lists previously? Bolton, Schloithe, Grigg, Partington and Colquhoun all carving up the WAFL and SANFL, all of whom have been passed over once at AFL level. Same for Sam Collins last year. Personally I would have signed Grigg last year and would definitely kick the tyres on Partington this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back