List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Im going to take off my Richmond hat off here for a minute and seeing as Bods is banned/Suspended post as if this was his account and make a recommendation which the mods can delete if seen as crap.

Why dont we just be ball'sy and go after a player who has proven to be an exceptional leader and helped create the culture at his club similar to what hodge did at hawks, Still has 3-4 years playing left and can become an assistant coach after playing is finished

So i suggest a 6/7 year deal to this player who has a very young family which kids have not started school yet and can mover
3-4 years playing and 2-3 years coaching

Trent Cotchin

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Im going to take off my Richmond hat off here for a minute and seeing as Bods is banned/Suspended post as if this was his account and make a recommendation which the mods can delete if seen as crap.

Why dont we just be ball'sy and go after a player who has proven to be an exceptional leader and helped create the culture at his club similar to what hodge did at hawks, Still has 3-4 years playing left and can become an assistant coach after playing is finished

So i suggest a 6/7 year deal to this player who has a very young family which kids have not started school yet and can mover

Trent Cotchin
Cotchin would be the dream, hard working, lead by example leader who has good footy left in him and never steps a foot out of line on or off field. No chance he leaves the tigs while you have the list to compete

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Corbett just got the yips in front of goal which is something he even admitted. Kicked 19.11 in the NEAFL and his goal kicking at Werribee before that was fine. I think he has the tools to make a very good AFL 3rd tall. The club are super excited with his progress. Quite a few clubs definitely would've drafted him.

Corbett issue is his ball drop

Happy Idiot

All Australian
Oct 12, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Trent Cotchin
It's a good idea. I do think the AFL might need to give an assist in some way though. Set someone like Cotchin to for a long time, an offer to good to refuse.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool

Trent Cotchin
What kind of draft pick you want? Pick 1?
Need to put a price on it.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Cotchin would be the dream, hard working, lead by example leader who has good footy left in him and never steps a foot out of line on or off field. No chance he leaves the tigs while you have the list to compete
Well he has just about done all he can at Richmond and will always be a champion/legend of the club and if convinced to leave im sure Richmond would not stand in his way as we have evolved into a club that looks after our players.

It would take alot of convincing but i personally believe it could be done and will cost a bit but have to make it almost impossible to knock back sell him the dream of living in a beautiful home in robina with his beautiful family 3 kids

Offer him a 7 year deal around $6,000,000 with the AFL backing or a gold coast business man etc
Just have to be aggressive and go after this type of player - IMO He is the Player your team should make #1 Target

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Not going into that and its not what im about , Im more on the line of what the GC suns should do
but i believe he becomes a free agent after 2020 (not 100% sure would need to check)
GCS in rebuild happy to part away Brisbane first round and swap next year second and third with your second and third.

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Wow what a huge blow to miss out on burgoyne not a good look for our club and Evans & Dew for not pulling the deal off.

This is going to be another miserable trade period

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
Not a fan, but there's a strong chance he'll be a dual Premiership player by October, so there is that

I think there is equally as strong a chance he gets dropped for the prelim. He was abysmal against the Lions.

Fat Pizza

Premiership Player
Feb 1, 2001
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Fitzroy

Trent Cotchin
Why not target big Tommy Lynch? Bodsy would love that;)

Camsta

All Australian
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Fagan and Noble at least could sell the dream to Neale, Cameron and hodhe

Says a lot about the dumpster fire our club is, that we couldn’t get this easy one done

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
Burgoyne turned down $1m to not come to our club.

The most concerning part of this is they couldn't close the deal even with the advantages of the GC and the huge amount of cash on offer. Serious questions need to be asked if Cameron is the right man if he can't attract anyone even when paying 4x more than the next best offer.

Back