List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

That viewpoint to me that Gold Coast's drafting hasn't been the problem can be confirmed through the promise a lot of Gold Coast's players showed early days. Trent McKenzie, Zac Smith, Harley Bennell, David Swallow, Peter Wright, Rory Thompson, Matt Shaw, Brandon Matera, Maverick Weller, Luke Russell. None of those guys play anywhere near like how they projected initially. With that noted, it is clear that Gold Coast's problem has been in player development. And as I also note, injuries and loosing players to other clubs have been further issues which in combination with lacking player development has led to Gold Coast's list being in the state it presently is in.
Nothing wrong with Swallow's development, nor Bennell's until injured and you really need to watch more of Rory Thompson.
As for McKenzie, Smith, Weller, Shaw all moved to other clubs and never improved one bit. You can add first round picks Gorringe, Kolodjashnij, Schade, Garlett to those as well. They never developed because they simply weren't up to it. Other first round picks Lonergan, Tape, Leslie simply delisted.

A lack of player development never affected the good footballers that were drafted to the club.

We now have world class training facilities & have brought in highly assistant coaches like Josh Drummond and Francou. A senior on field general would be great, but it's not the be all and end all to developing the talent we are now bringing in.

Is there an evidence that Birchall has the capacity to actually get on the field?
I mean injured 3 times in 2017
Didn't play a single game 2018
Injured after 3 games in 2019
32 years old.

Definitely see his value if able to play. That seems unlikely to me though.

I say things as I see them. Name a club, and I'll tell you what they do well, what they do poorly.

With Gold Coast this year's bottom club, from a draft context Gold Coast are the most interesting point of discussion. Just as Carlton were last year who I criticised harshly for their poorly balanced list which still contains a disproportionate number of key position players. And with Gold Coast being this year's bottom side, as with Carlton last year, mindsets towards Gold Coast need to be directed towards how things can be turned around which is the focus of my piece.

As outlined in my piece. My view is Gold Coast's drafting has not been poor. Some of the players drafted at the time of getting drafted I felt were reaches (Leslie, Ah Chee and Powell - though Powell is exceeding expectation and can be a long term piece if he keeps developing), but a lot of other selections I've felt were strong choices at the time. That viewpoint to me that Gold Coast's drafting hasn't been the problem can be confirmed through the promise a lot of Gold Coast's players showed early days. Trent McKenzie, Zac Smith, Harley Bennell, David Swallow, Peter Wright, Rory Thompson, Matt Shaw, Brandon Matera, Maverick Weller, Luke Russell. None of those guys play anywhere near like how they projected initially. With that noted, it is clear that Gold Coast's problem has been in player development. And as I also note, injuries and loosing players to other clubs have been further issues which in combination with lacking player development has led to Gold Coast's list being in the state it presently is in.

What I highlighted as being Gold Coast's missing component in that player development puzzle is veteran leadership. Recruiters are picking talent fine, Stewart Dew I believe to be a capable coach and if he's comfortable with the staff he has around him then I'd be persisting.

In talking to recruiters, and I've spoken to some senior Gold Coast recruiters this season, it's a foreign concept and not well understood. The most successful clubs these past 15 years. Geelong - led by Tom Harley/Cameron Ling/Joel Selwood as among the best leaders in the competition. Then having that tier down with the likes of Matthew Scarlett, Darren Milburn, Jimmy Bartel, Andrew Mackie, James Kelly, Corey Enright, Harry Taylor. Adding Patrick Dangerfield more recently and developing leaders in Mark Blicavs, Mitch Duncan and Tom Stewart more recently. That's the foundation of how you build a winning team and a team that remains good for a long time.

Same story with Hawthorn. They've had Hodge. But it's not just Hodge. Sam Mitchell, Shaun Burgoyne, Shane Crawford, Richard Vandenberg, Jordan Lewis, Jarryd Roughead, Ben Stratton, Josh Gibson and Isaac Smith.

Collingwood have had Nathan Buckley, Scott Burns, Nick Maxwell, Scott Pendlebury and Luke Ball lead the way for Collingwood. Developing Sidebottom over time, adding Adams, Howe and Dunn.

Sydney much renowned for their culture have been highly successful for a long time, only now for the first time since 2009 experiencing growing pains now that they've turned over a large proportion of their list and need to regenerate more talent. And they despite suddenly going really young this year, they finished with a higher % than Essendon and can rebound in a hurry.

The opposite to this is looking at the bad teams we've seen during those years.

Look at the struggling Demons before Paul Roos. Look at Carlton before Chris Judd. Look at Richmond before they started trading for opposition players who represented value on opposition lists and started to add to their bank of experience. What about Brisbane before the addition of Luke Hodge. The consistent theme with each club has been a lack of veteran leadership and the clubs during those years continued year after year to shred more games worth of experience and more veteran leadership, only to find themselves going around in a rebuilding loop. Gold Coast are currently experiencing that with good players year on year leaving. It's a rebuilding loop where experience leave to move onto winners and youth doesn't develop enough to help a team become relevant.

Melbourne try using Jack Grimes and Jack Trengove as captains. That ruined both of their careers and got Melbourne nowhere.

Those teams had so many early first round picks, yet you'd see the likes of Geelong, Collingwood and Adelaide take guys later in the first round who would develop past those first guys taken. It all comes back to veteran leadership. It develops your youth and establishes your culture and expectations.

For those familiar with my writing over the past 10 years, the thing I've been consistent on in my analysis pertaining to all clubs has been in my views on veteran leadership. And to anyone who follows the NBA, sees all the veterans on good teams, and critically assesses the impact on the development of youth on those teams they are on v the lack of development of youth on those teams with little or no veteran experience, and the results are clear as day.

It's a lesson I very much hope Gold Coast take on.

For those wanting more depth and inside insight on the topic of veteran leadership and how it helps develop players and develop a culture. This piece by Alex Witherden will open eyes: https://www.playersvoice.com.au/alex-witherden-how-hodgey-changed-club/

So we need some veterans.
:thumbsu:
Well recognised from all and sundry that we didn't have the correct mix of leaders initially and haven't been able to correct it since.
Last few years have tried bringing in Hanley, Miles, GHS, Barlow, Malceski, McQualter, Rosa, Murphy as senior players who were respected at their former clubs.

Hodge is a once in a generation player so hard to replicate what he has brought. Good on Brisbane to have the foresight to go after him.
Boomer would have been a great get. Perhaps some of the Geelong guys before they moved to their second clubs - Johsnon, Kelly.
Can you think of any others who you reckon we could have gone harder at and may have been willing to come?

Can still pick Ballard type or mature age if you want do around 40+, but one of Brisbane poster said mature age no good this year and the draft is not as deep as last year, draft more top 15 but only willing to give up 3rd round pick for ah chee.
You realise us fans aren’t our clubs right.

No where have I said that Ah Chee is worth only a third round pick.

Again you’re taking something I said and adding a false narrative to it.

I have mentioned that media speculation has our late second round pick, plus an early third round pick going for Ah Chee. But I’m sure I didn’t mention that here.

I did say Noble will get the deal done. I gave up speculating what we’ll pay for players after the Charlie Cameron trade, as Noble’s reputation is that he gets deals done rather than worrying about the perception of “winning” a trade.

Also I had a strong feeling that anything outside top 30, GCS not require to match. The new rule for WA and SA NGA academy players. ( not sure when it will be implemented).

You’re wrong again. Please do 5 minutes of research before making comments about stuff you’re not sure on.

A number of highly rated GWS juniors have also failed to eventuate / develop

Jon O'rourke, Jon Patton, Tom Boyd, Dom Tyson, WHE, Matt Buntine, Plowman, Liam Sumner, Jacksch, Jarrod Pickett, Paul Ahern, Pat McKenna, Matthew Kennedy, Setterfield, Bonar almost all top 10 picks who did nothing at GWS and next to nothing in any future clubs.

I'd say they've burned more talent than us.

The advantages with number picks they had and smart trading allowed them so many more bites at the cherry. And they've nailed the development of their high end guys.

Coniglio, Kelly, Taranto, Williams, Hopper, Cameron, Treloar, Shiel, Greene have hit the mark big time.

I'm sure Swallow, Harley, O'Meara, Prestia, Dixon, Keath, Lynch, May, Saad would have been the same if they had stayed / not got injured.

We now have world class training facilities & have brought in highly assistant coaches like Josh Drummond and Francou.
The importance of these two things can't be understated. I think a major hindrance to getting that talent to take the next step in the past was the poor training facilities and substandard coaches. Perhaps the medical facilities/staff too, but I don't know enough to say. In any case it looks like those problems are solved, as you say.

Hodge is a once in a generation player so hard to replicate what he has brought.
To its full extent maybe, but plenty of it can be replicated. I mentioned in the media thread that there are a whole bunch of players who can give the Suns a similar lift. Burgoyne would have been one of them, but similarly there's Cotchin, Selwood, Hurn, Pendlebury, Boak, Gray, Mundy, JPK, Smith and Taylor. Obviously some are more gettable than others.

This is not on. You LITERALLY edited the post 26 TIMES and this was the best you can come up with? Personal abuse to this level wont be tolerated
You’re wrong again. Please do 5 minutes of research before making comments about stuff you’re not sure on.

Stop being a dick, I said strong feeling, not fact. Feeling can be wrong.Go and check dictionary what feeling mean. I feel is Top 30 but the actual fact is Top 40. I feel the coffee is hot but the actual temperature is lukewarm.

You need to calm down a bit, if top 30 gold coast get the benefit, if Top 40 gold Coast just need to hope Budarick don't get bid before top 40. If my strong feeling is bias towards Gold Coast and not Brisbane there is nothing wrong in it.

*I checked around other board and 100 percent sure you try to sell your idea to other club your Collingwood first round and Gold Coast second Rd to get into top 10. This is not a strong feeling, but actual fact you ask around. I don't need to do screen shot like you did, because it violate the BF rules. Sorry you are more than two heads snake, you are multiple head snake. Lion mask, snake heart. I knew I get a permanent ban, go and f*** yourself Briztoon.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with Swallow's development, nor Bennell's until injured and you really need to watch more of Rory Thompson.
As for McKenzie, Smith, Weller, Shaw all moved to other clubs and never improved one bit. You can add first round picks Gorringe, Kolodjashnij, Schade, Garlett to those as well. They never developed because they simply weren't up to it. Other first round picks Lonergan, Tape, Leslie simply delisted.

A lack of player development never affected the good footballers that were drafted to the club.

We now have world class training facilities & have brought in highly assistant coaches like Josh Drummond and Francou. A senior on field general would be great, but it's not the be all and end all to developing the talent we are now bringing in.

Nothing wrong with Swallow's development? Swallow for those not aware of what he looked like as a junior looked like Joel Selwood with additional explosiveness. He projected to become a clear top five player in the competition. Injuries of course have played a part in robbing Swallow of this development, but even with that in mind, he hasn't developed into anything close to the ball winner or all-around footballer Selwood is. As I said in my piece. Swallow isn't a top 50 player, he's not even a top 100 player in the competition. He hasn't improved enough since his first season.

Bennell peaked in his second season. Started his career with a bang. Good again in seasons 3 and 4, but with his drug issues, hamstring issues. None of that helped. But again he's another where he had the scope to become one of the best players in the competition and that never came to be.

Rory Thompson I don't rate. He's a pure shutdown key defender who doesn't intercept or provide rebound. In 2013 I was thinking about Thompson as one of the real up and coming key defender and at his height with his athletic profile I was thinking he would become a monster, but he's an only serviceable role player and not the perennial All-Australian contender I had personally hoped three years in that he would become.

Place any of those three in different situations and I believe the career outcome is different. I'd suggest many of those others you mention in McKenzie, Smith, Shaw and Kolodjashnij particularly if in other situations during those early years would have achieved more and become better than they are today.

Worth noting with player development is during ages 18-24 that is when player development is greatest. After that stage typically it's a story of diminishing returns as after that age/stage. So a lot of those who didn't develop at Gold Coast on that basis haven't developed at other clubs.

As mentioned in my previous post and even in my article. I feel coaches unfairly cop the blame and burden or failure too often. I tend to agree with you Gold Coast's current coaches are doing a good job and a better job than their predecessors. Getting this group to compete as hard as they did during the first four rounds particularly. I didn't see that coming.

But I repeat my point from my prior post, for the youth to develop and want to stay, Gold Coast need their Luke Hodge equivalent or a couple of leaders who can replicate that impact Hodge had with Brisbane in helping with youth development and establishing the culture for Gold Coast to rise. I fear for the development of Lukosius, Rankine, King, Rowell and potentially Anderson. They have the scope to be one of the competition's premier big 5s and components a premiership can be built around, but without that Hodge in the locker room and out on the field with them, I fear we're going to see a repeat of what Gold Coast have already gone through with player development not happening, players leaving and the next and the next hordes of new draft picks coming through one after the next.

So we need some veterans.
:thumbsu:
Well recognised from all and sundry that we didn't have the correct mix of leaders initially and haven't been able to correct it since.
Last few years have tried bringing in Hanley, Miles, GHS, Barlow, Malceski, McQualter, Rosa, Murphy as senior players who were respected at their former clubs.

Hodge is a once in a generation player so hard to replicate what he has brought. Good on Brisbane to have the foresight to go after him.
Boomer would have been a great get. Perhaps some of the Geelong guys before they moved to their second clubs - Johsnon, Kelly.
Can you think of any others who you reckon we could have gone harder at and may have been willing to come?

Would Hanley, Miles, GHS, Barlow, Malceski, McQualter, Rosa or Murphy in the states they've been on Gold Coast even earn games any of the remaining teams? Prime Hanley was terrific in his prime with Brisbane but has been unable to play the same football for Gold Coast and has struggled for availability making it hard for him to lead, Barlow was good for Fremantle and I didn't mind his play for Gold Coast either but getting dropped as often as he was made it hard for him to lead and makes it hard for a playing group to take him seriously as a leader. Malceski was good for Sydney but his body was unable to hold up for Gold Coast, I believe he provided some value but he needed more support.
I'm not sure why you bring Miles, GHS, McQualter or Murphy up in a leadership. They're not clearly inside best 22 types and not types I'd look to all that seriously for leadership. It's hard as a player to take any of them all that seriously when they're all depth standard players. On a developing team, securing depth players is a waste of list positions. It's all about creating an optimal long term best 22 and having veteran leadership - premiership players, past captains of other clubs, that level of leader in. And each year there are these types.

Johnson and Kelly as you mention were ideal before joining their second clubs. Chappy another.

To just talk about 2017 and 2016 I'd have spoken to and targeted: Nick Riewoldt, Matthew Boyd, Sam Mitchell, Sam Fisher, Leigh Montagna, Andrew Swallow, Jack Trengove, Travis Cloke, Brent Harvey, Jimmy Bartel, Nick Dal Santo, James Kelly, Corey Enright, Matthew Pavlich, Sam Mitchell, Jordan Lewis, Sam Fisher, Jack Grimes. They're the calibre of guys I'm talking about. Some of them captains, others part of leadership groups, others have achieved or come agonisingly close to success and all have either captained clubs or had long and strong careers. Bring in a combination of that calibre of leader and that helps. And most of those guys will say 'no I'm retired. I'm not coming back' but there will be others who feel they have unfinished business. They're all better gets than the likes of GHS, McQualter and Murphy to give a better feel for the calibre of player who can drive a team forward and help establish a culture among the players and promote significant development of the club's youth. And there are those kinds of opportunities each year to get those kinds, just like with Hodge joining Brisbane, sometimes you just have to ask and be aggressive enough in your enquiry.

Moves for those kinds of guys on their last legs are all too common in international sports, but in the AFL, so rarely do we target these guys. There is within the industry a significant overemphasis on youth and bringing in the youngest talent and not enough focus on winning now with too often these veterans forced out prematurely when they still have more good football left in them and when the leadership value they can provide a group is beyond that of any existing player on a list. A balance is required. Gold Coast in their own way have tried it with depth types who have been in the system for other clubs and have failed to establish themselves as clear best 22 players. My recommendation to Gold Coast is sheer clear of them unless they project as clear best 22 or clear long term best 22, and instead go with the kinds of guys I mention above.

Nothing wrong with Swallow's development? Swallow for those not aware of what he looked like as a junior looked like Joel Selwood with additional explosiveness. He projected to become a clear top five player in the competition. Injuries of course have played a part in robbing Swallow of this development, but even with that in mind, he hasn't developed into anything close to the ball winner or all-around footballer Selwood is. As I said in my piece. Swallow isn't a top 50 player, he's not even a top 100 player in the competition. He hasn't improved enough since his first season.

Bennell peaked in his second season. Started his career with a bang. Good again in seasons 3 and 4, but with his drug issues, hamstring issues. None of that helped. But again he's another where he had the scope to become one of the best players in the competition and that never came to be.

Rory Thompson I don't rate. He's a pure shutdown key defender who doesn't intercept or provide rebound. In 2013 I was thinking about Thompson as one of the real up and coming key defender and at his height with his athletic profile I was thinking he would become a monster, but he's an only serviceable role player and not the perennial All-Australian contender I had personally hoped three years in that he would become.

Place any of those three in different situations and I believe the career outcome is different. I'd suggest many of those others you mention in McKenzie, Smith, Shaw and Kolodjashnij particularly if in other situations during those early years would have achieved more and become better than they are today.

Worth noting with player development is during ages 18-24 that is when player development is greatest. After that stage typically it's a story of diminishing returns as after that age/stage. So a lot of those who didn't develop at Gold Coast on that basis haven't developed at other clubs.

As mentioned in my previous post and even in my article. I feel coaches unfairly cop the blame and burden or failure too often. I tend to agree with you Gold Coast's current coaches are doing a good job and a better job than their predecessors. Getting this group to compete as hard as they did during the first four rounds particularly. I didn't see that coming.

But I repeat my point from my prior post, for the youth to develop and want to stay, Gold Coast need their Luke Hodge equivalent or a couple of leaders who can replicate that impact Hodge had with Brisbane in helping with youth development and establishing the culture for Gold Coast to rise. I fear for the development of Lukosius, Rankine, King, Rowell and potentially Anderson. They have the scope to be one of the competition's premier big 5s and components a premiership can be built around, but without that Hodge in the locker room and out on the field with them, I fear we're going to see a repeat of what Gold Coast have already gone through with player development not happening, players leaving and the next and the next hordes of new draft picks coming through one after the next.

Would Hanley, Miles, GHS, Barlow, Malceski, McQualter, Rosa or Murphy in the states they've been on Gold Coast even earn games any of the remaining teams? Prime Hanley was terrific in his prime with Brisbane but has been unable to play the same football for Gold Coast and has struggled for availability making it hard for him to lead, Barlow was good for Fremantle and I didn't mind his play for Gold Coast either but getting dropped as often as he was made it hard for him to lead and makes it hard for a playing group to take him seriously as a leader. Malceski was good for Sydney but his body was unable to hold up for Gold Coast, I believe he provided some value but he needed more support.
I'm not sure why you bring Miles, GHS, McQualter or Murphy up in a leadership. They're not clearly inside best 22 types and not types I'd look to all that seriously for leadership. It's hard as a player to take any of them all that seriously when they're all depth standard players. On a developing team, securing depth players is a waste of list positions. It's all about creating an optimal long term best 22 and having veteran leadership - premiership players, past captains of other clubs, that level of leader in. And each year there are these types.

Johnson and Kelly as you mention were ideal before joining their second clubs. Chappy another.

To just talk about 2017 and 2016 I'd have spoken to and targeted: Nick Riewoldt, Matthew Boyd, Sam Mitchell, Sam Fisher, Leigh Montagna, Andrew Swallow, Jack Trengove, Travis Cloke, Brent Harvey, Jimmy Bartel, Nick Dal Santo, James Kelly, Corey Enright, Matthew Pavlich, Sam Mitchell, Jordan Lewis, Sam Fisher, Jack Grimes. They're the calibre of guys I'm talking about. Some of them captains, others part of leadership groups, others have achieved or come agonisingly close to success and all have either captained clubs or had long and strong careers. Bring in a combination of that calibre of leader and that helps. And most of those guys will say 'no I'm retired. I'm not coming back' but there will be others who feel they have unfinished business. They're all better gets than the likes of GHS, McQualter and Murphy to give a better feel for the calibre of player who can drive a team forward and help establish a culture among the players and promote significant development of the club's youth. And there are those kinds of opportunities each year to get those kinds, just like with Hodge joining Brisbane, sometimes you just have to ask and be aggressive enough in your enquiry.

Moves for those kinds of guys on their last legs are all too common in international sports, but in the AFL, so rarely do we target these guys. There is within the industry a significant overemphasis on youth and bringing in the youngest talent and not enough focus on winning now with too often these veterans forced out prematurely when they still have more good football left in them and when the leadership value they can provide a group is beyond that of any existing player on a list. A balance is required. Gold Coast in their own way have tried it with depth types who have been in the system for other clubs and have failed to establish themselves as clear best 22 players. My recommendation to Gold Coast is sheer clear of them unless they project as clear best 22 or clear long term best 22, and instead go with the kinds of guys I mention above.
Couple things here i disagree with but the main one being Swallow. He single handily kept us in games this year and doesn't get the recognition he deserves. I'm of the strong believe he'll go down as the most important Suns player ever. Despite his injuries, setbacks and lack of success he continually impresses me each year. With the midfield around him it's always going to be difficult to be seen as a top 50 player and if the midfield was stronger he'd be getting much more praise for his role. He had several 30 disposals games early on when we were competitive and we would've have won those 3 games without him. Many said he'd never get near that level after his injuries including myself. But outside of that he's a symbol for what all players at the Suns should try and reach and the type of club we're trying to build. He's also still only 26.

Last edited:
Stop being a dick, I said strong feeling, not fact. Feeling can be wrong.Go and check dictionary what feeling mean. I feel is Top 30 but the actual fact is Top 40. I feel the coffee is hot but the actual temperature is lukewarm.

You need to calm down a bit, if top 30 gold coast get the benefit, if Top 40 gold Coast just need to hope Budarick don't get bid before top 40. If my strong feeling is bias towards Gold Coast and not Brisbane there is nothing wrong in it.

*I checked around other board and 100 percent sure you try to sell your idea to other club your Collingwood first round and Gold Coast second Rd to get into top 10. This is not a strong feeling, but actual fact you ask around. I don't need to do screen shot like you did, because it violate the BF rules. Sorry you are more than two heads snake, you are multiple head snake. Lion mask, snake heart. I knew I get a permanent ban, go and f*** yourself Briztoon.
Read the article.

They don’t get access to players drafted in the top 40. They only get access to players bid on after the top 40. And they do have to match on those players bid on after the top 40.

I’ve visited 4 other team boards.

Richmond’s a while ago to check out Ellis when we were linked to him before GC was.

Fremantle when there was talk about them splitting their first pick.

Adelaide today, to check out the Rory Laird rumour.

And Gold Coasts board all the time.

Only board I discussed trading the Lions first two picks to move up was on Fremantle’s board. And that was AFTER one of their posters mentioned the Lions first two picks before I joined the discussion.

And I said that in my reply to you earlier.

But go for your life, check all the team boards.

I've been sitting here for a while trying to work out what I should post, regarding you two......but still haven't worked it out except to say,

build the bridge......this is a discussion board and no one has to agree with anyone else's opinion.

Keep posting as I enjoy reading the different viewpoints especially from outside (from briztoon and Johnny Bananas among others). I don't necessarily agree with everything they post, but it's good to get a different perspective on all things Suns....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't see any benefit in having picks to match Budarick with? Noting that pick 54 may not be enough to match him with if he's bid inside the first 35?

That seems a little strong. He isn't wrong that many players with talent failed to develop and that the Suns had a weak list this year. Nor was he alone in suggesting they had the weakest list in the past 20 years. Not sure how that adds up to "despises the Suns" when you consider there are dozens of media figures and BF posters that literally don't want the Suns to exist.
We have to acknowledge we have a very poor list - might not be the worst ever but let's not fool ourselves. Rose coloured glasses when it comes to many of our current crop. I have so little faith in the recruiters but live in hope. We seem to get excited when some fringe player gets de-listed or one languishing in the 2s expresses interest. The number of votes our players get in all media and coach votes, shows where we are right now. Recruit smartly and trade even smarter is the way to go. 2MP at $600k holding down a spot in the NEAFL is a good place to start.

He said that Lukosius should leave the Sun's as soon as possible so he can play for a team with a more suited uncontested style that suits him.
If Luko stays it may well be an AFL Miracle. He would be under immense pressure to head south where he'll be played on a wing or up forward where we should have played him all year. I still believe in miracles, however we need two of them (King) to rise.

If Luko stays it may well be an AFL Miracle. He would be under immense pressure to head south where he'll be played on a wing or up forward where we should have played him all year. I still believe in miracles, however we need two of them (King) to rise.

If Luko had played the whole year as a forward he would be demanding a trade this year. He was getting 5 touches a game in our trainwreck of a forward line and that was in the first 6 rounds when we looked half decent.

He will play forward once that area is not a complete black hole for leading forwards.

Hearing from someone here in Melbourne we are looking at Connor Menadue from Richmond.

Not thought of this guy as an option but don't mind it - super fast, bit of height, seems durable, from a strong club, hard to get games at Tigers, would have a relationship with Miller and 2MP (Vic Metro) and Miles/ C Ellis (ex Tigers).

If we miss out on an Isaac Smith could be a decent Plan C.

I would love Sydney pair Josh Kennedy and Parker to Come in.Brisbane first round should be enough with some third and 4 round back for state league players.
Hearing from someone here in Melbourne we are looking at Connor Menadue from Richmond.
Please God....no way. Referring to Menadue - Kennedy and / or Parker would be huge for us but unlikely so we'll probably get Menapoo!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back