Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big call.
Can't see it happening, but I do like him.
Similar size, similar skill set and a very very good reader of the play.

Whether he ends up as good remains to be seen though. Very few do.

Similar size, similar skill set and a very very good reader of the play.

Whether he ends up as good remains to be seen though. Very few do.
People forget how good Hurn was before he got drafted, Gould isn't near that level imo. at the moment I have him between 8-12.
Anyone got him higher?

People forget how good Hurn was before he got drafted, Gould isn't near that level imo. at the moment I have him between 8-12.
Anyone got him higher?
Nope not me, if we had our original pick before SOS went mad he was right in the ball park.

You still on Anderson for our pick?
If pick we end up with pick 2 absolutely.

If Carlton end up above Melbourne then it gets a bit trickier.

Rowell looks unlikely now which sux.
Seems like it, even so I'm not sure we needed another 178cm mid.

There were huge wraps on Darcy Parish pre draft too, he's turned out OK but nothing spectacular.

That's not to say Rowell won't be good, he will be. We just need that something special.

Seems like it, even so I'm not sure we needed another 178cm mid.

There were huge wraps on Darcy Parish pre draft too, he's turned out OK but nothing spectacular.

That's not to say Rowell won't be good, he will be. We just need that something special.

Yeh, nah.
Rowell is Selwood, Parish was a good kid but you could tell he wasn't gonna be a gun.

Yeh, nah.
Rowell is Selwood, Parish was a good kid but you could tell he wasn't gonna be a gun.
I'll be slightly shocked if he ends up that good, and if he does he won't stay at the Suns.

Closer to Hurn , not quite as good but not far off

I see him as Rory Laird who has swallowed a few Super Mario power up mushrooms. Bigger, faster and stronger but plays in a similar manner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bicks
If we end up with pick 3, who do you take (assuming R&A are gone)
I'd be hoping for Noah Anderson but if he and Rowell are both gone it would be Lachlan Ash, Sam Flanders and Brodie Kemp in that discussion for me at this point in time but we've still got a fair bit of footy to be played yet. I won't be overly surprised if an early bid inside the top 10 comes for Fremantle NGA Liam Henry after some of the jaw dropping displays he put up during the Championships.

It'll be interresting to see where he falls. Imo when I look at the top 30 players on paper, Gould won't get past 20. I've watched significantly less footy this year but of what I've seen (SANFL plus a few championships games) and the post match write ups I've read, he is undoubtedly a superior talent to 99% of players outside that top 20.

Unfortunately with Academy bids our second pick is likely to be pushed out to ~22, just outside the sweet spot imo.

Would love to potentially package it up with our mid 30's pick for a giants/freo first rounder and take a potential SA slider in Stephens/Gould or a Jackson/Roberton/Ash type of the interstate boys.

Personally not sold on Taheny as top 15, beautiful leading patterns and a nice kick but needs more tricks at his size. He may be available mid 20's imo.

Personally not sold on Taheny as top 15, beautiful leading patterns and a nice kick but needs more tricks at his size. He may be available mid 20's imo.

Think he might slide further than that unless he can show he can do more than just play as an undersized KPF.

Think he might slide further than that unless he can show he can do more than just play as an undersized KPF.
If he's still there at our 2nd pick I think he'll be wearing a Crows guernsey next year. We will have been tracking him very closely from U16's onwards not just these Championships where he has obviously been carrying some pretty significant niggles judging by his restricted movement. His forward craft is some of the very best in this draft class.

If he's still there at our 2nd pick I think he'll be wearing a Crows guernsey next year. We will have been tracking him very closely from U16's onwards not just these Championships where he has obviously been carrying some pretty significant niggles judging by his restricted movement. His forward craft is some of the very best in this draft class.
I really hope this turns out true - the kid can really play and only injury restricted him at the champs. He has done very well so far at league level with Norwood and he is very athletic. I just get the feeling the other clubs know it too and he won't get past port

I really hope this turns out true - the kid can really play and only injury restricted him at the champs. He has done very well so far at league level with Norwood and he is very athletic. I just get the feeling the other clubs know it too and he won't get past port
Cam Taheny, Will Day & Karl Finlay are the 3 South Aussies that interest me most at this point in time from a draft point of view.

Lachlan McNeil a rookie draft special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back