Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kruzering

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2008
Blackburn
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Or maybe he'll ask to be traded to a third team and get a salary bump, like what happened when you front loaded Gibbs.

Dangerous territory to be in, to deliberately sign contracts so large that they actively dissuade other clubs. Maybe they know something.

We got the player we wanted at the draft, so don't bother flogging it up and telling us we should have done something else, just to help you improve.
Yeah that was a total disater for us, 2 firsts for a 30 year old reserves player who is desperate to come back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mistylake

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
I also wanted Stephens but not to be. Then I thought why the f**k didnt we take Young with our first pick. So I was disappointed. But since the draft finished I took the view that we are rejuvenating our list and it may take three years to field a team that can make the top four. So getting our future KPF and KPD's in place is a good thing and a good place to start. We have speedy mids in the squad already they just need a opportunity. So I am pleased with our haul.

Now the bonus is that in our second year of rejuvenating we have a strong selection of picks. So I think that our 1st and 2nd years of the rejuvenation will make us a very competitive team.
I’m feeling the same after my initial disappointment with not grabbing a potential super classy mid. But It does make sense to get talls first. And Schoenberg could really be anything. Maybe the extra picks we’ve traded in can be swapped back at an appropriate time for that elite mid 2020/21.

WaynesWorld19

TheBrownDog
Nov 6, 2003
Baghdad
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide, Baghdad Bombers
I’m feeling the same after my initial disappointment with not grabbing a potential super classy mid. But It does make sense to get talls first. And Schoenberg could really be anything. Maybe the extra picks we’ve traded in can be swapped back at an appropriate time for that elite mid 2020/21.
Schoenberg may surprise you .....looks very classy

Kruzering

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2008
Blackburn
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Hows this fella going for you that we got pick 13 and mcadam for
View attachment 787418
I wouldn't reverse the trade if that's the question

I understand it's 1 deal that you may not have been smashed in but certainly not worthy of claiming a huge victory

McGovern would be getting a game over Fog if he were still at Adelaide

Drewie11

Premium Gold
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I wouldn't reverse the trade if that's the question

I understand it's 1 deal that you may not have been smashed in but certainly not worthy of claiming a huge victory

McGovern would be getting a game over Fog if he were still at Adelaide
McGovern should see plenty of game time for you guys over the next year or 2. Looks like Charlie Curnow’s knee is done. Can’t even walk up stairs

Drewie11

Premium Gold
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah that was a total disater for us, 2 firsts for a 30 year old reserves player who is desperate to come back
You know the pick 19 you gave us back in the Gibbs trade has given us Hamill from last years draft and Worrell from this years draft. I think we will be pretty happy in the end.

O’Brien is looking like a flop, Kennedy can’t get a game and Dekoning hasn’t played a game yet. You guys ruined what you got for the Gibbs deal.... another SOSAGE flop

Kruzering

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2008
Blackburn
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
You know the pick 19 you gave us back in the Gibbs trade has given us Hamill from last years draft and Schoenberg from this years draft. I think we will be pretty happy in the end.

O’Brien is looking like a flop, Kennedy can’t get a game and Dekoning hasn’t played a game yet. You guys ruined what you got for the Gibbs deal.... another SOSAGE flop
Early days on O'Brien has good tools, need to be a bit harder

Kennedy has disappointed too slow to be a mid, only chance is a caddy style forward which he was ok at

Dekonning is a developing ruck and they are very excited about him internally

I have no idea who the guys you are talking about are

Liam Stocker holds the keys to embarrass Reid or SOS and is paying $21 for the norm Smith if you want some free money (Reid won't he hates free gifts)

Drewie11

Premium Gold
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

Kennedy has disappointed too slow to be a mid, only chance is a caddy style forward which he was ok at

Liam Stocker holds the keys to embarrass Reid or SOS and is paying $21 for the norm Smith if you want some free money (Reid won't he hates free gifts)
Looking like you picked the wrong Dekoning.... typical SOSAGE at it again. No wonder he is getting sacked

latinoheat

Club Legend
Sep 8, 2008
argentina
AFL Club
Adelaide

$21 for the norm smith? Wtf !! He’s got about as much chance of winning the norm smith as I have, and I finished playing footy 10 years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mutineer

Premium Platinum
Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sam Philp at pick 20...... oh dear....talk about reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaching....and wait until you see some of him just throwing it on the boot and bombing it forward....this bloke makes Paddy Dow's kicking look like Daniel Rich's on a good day.

Jack is Back

Premiership Player
Apr 17, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ahhhh School Holidays. Some of the kiddies don’t even know what you have to do to win the Norm Smith.

Now......since Carlolton are paying much better than $21 to make the Grand Final so one can only conclude

1) The AFL will introduce a mid-year draft this year.

2) Stocker is traded to a contender (for a packet of stale chips).

I think you should be asking for better than 20/1. Is this the price with the Carlolton Bigfooty bookie?

Mutineer

Premium Platinum
Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Shifter likes 3 of our 5 picks....

ADELAIDE

Players drafted:

Fischer McAsey (6), Harry Schoenberg (24), Josh Worrell (28), Ronin O’Connor (42), Lachlan Gollant (48)

Shifter’s take:

They’ve got a couple of tall boys there in McAsey and Worrell so they’ve gone for some key positions – and they can both go at both ends of the ground. Then they’ve got Schoenberg, the inside midfielder. So I think it’s some terrific pick ups they’ve got there with three choices of their fives.

70lethal

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Mackay has kicked the 5th amount of goals on the list behind, Walker, Lynch, Gibbs, Sloane :eek: and we got Hart looking after this group.:mad:

It's one reason I was disappointed we didn't get a goal kicking midfielder.

Where do the goals come from in 2020?

Walker and Fogarty need to have 40 + goal seasons
Sloane has to play forward and kick 20-30
Lynch has to play closer to goal and get back to 30
Murphy can increase from 20 to 30
Milera has to become a goal kicking mid and kick 20+
Gallucci with a decent structure and role can become a 20-30 goal a year player.
Smith/Seedsman need 25 between them
Crouch/Crouch need to get to 20 between them
Jones/McHenry ideally get 20 between them

Everyone mid needs to hit the scoreboard otherwise its going to be a really painful season.

cmndstab

Premium Platinum
Apr 29, 2008
Ingle Farm
AFL Club
Adelaide
-I’ve got no idea who Philps is, but he’s basically free as we rated Kemp as the next best player
This is really strange logic. The fact that you got Philps "for free" is besides the point. The point is, you could have had any other player available at that selection "for free", but instead you chose Philps. The price you paid is overlooking another, potentially better, player.

It's like being given a free dip from a bucket of gold nuggets, coming up with a turd, and then saying "well it was free so it's a win!"

Maybe Philps will turn out to be the best choice there... although given Carlton's record, I wouldn't be placing money on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom