Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Oh yay another medium defender.
That said he is a bit different to a lot of medium defenders in that he's extremely good one on one and very good overhead, very hard nosed, combative and loves the niggle, I think you'd like him when you see him play, tough bugger. I'd be happy enough pick 37 onwards as he is a player that could easily transition into a mid on what I've seen. Gippy Power were stacked with midfielders this year so he was too valuable down back where he often played on the oppo taller players.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I was criticised heavily in here especially from someone who watches these kids play 100s of times for saying Pickett is a gun kid who should go top 30.

3 days latter, the media caught on, was nominated to go to draft night and now everyones on the bandwagon.
:think:;):)
I wouldn't say SHOULD go top 30, but he could.

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
He may very well be but just as reminder Eddie Betts was named as an All Australian after the 2003 U18 Championships so he was no slouch as a 16 - 17 year old either.

2003 All-Australian Under-18 team

NSW/ACT: Shaun Daly, Nick Potter
Northern Territory: Tom Logan
Queensland: Jake Furfaro
South Australia: Adam Cooney, David Kellett, Brad Symes, Beau Waters, Josh Willoughby
Vic Country: Troy Chaplin, Ryley Dunn, Colin Sylvia, Kane Tenace, Andrew Walker
Victoria Metro: Eddie Betts, Ricky Dyson, Luke Herrington, Brock McLean, Brayden Shaw, Fergus Watts
Western Australia: Kepler Bradley, Farren Ray

Coach: Leon Harris (Vic Country)

Assistant Coach: Rod Carter (NSW/ACT)

As a reference the 2019 AFL U18 All Australian team.

View attachment 776779
AA at u/18 level is very hit and miss imo.
I've watched both Betts and Pickett in their draft year and Pickett is better and more talented.
Whether he fulfills that I don't know.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Clubs can trade picks after an NGA bid BUT not their next pick.
Eg. Crows bid on Greene at 4. GWS’s next pick (currently pick 6) can’t be traded but other picks can be.
Didn’t know that, so GWS would have to trade out 6 prior to us nominating Green

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
You’ll need to ask him the question as he has me on ignore, I know, idiot right
tenor.gif

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
For those that want to see some extended footage of the SA boys in the draft the SANFL now has an excellent Draft Hub feature on their site they'll be adding to as we get closer to the draft apparently. They already have comprehensive bio's and video footage of Dylan Stephens, Cam Taheny, Kysiaih Pickett and Will Gould posted.

WeedsMullet84

Cancelled
Oct 31, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Celtic, Glenelg
Didn’t know that, so GWS would have to trade out 6 prior to us nominating Green

This is the most recent info we have, and appears to indicate that clubs CAN trade out their 1st up to and including when their NGA/FS is bid on. So Crows could bid on Green, and GWS can use that 5 minutes to trade their Pick 6 out of the 2019 draft.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Taheny screams bust for me. A big gamble and I'd rather another team took it.
Perhaps look at some of the comprehensive footage at the link mate, it won't be based on football ability if he's a bust. I admit sometimes he lacks a bit of intensity and displays ordinary body language but I think that will get ironed out quickly in an elite AFL system.

jirkago

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yes I agree .....but my cynicism is aimed at so called BF experts on the Draft & Trading Board, that all of a sudden upgrade a player like Pickett, once he's highlighted in the media

How many posters had Gould as a top 4 prospect 6 weeks ago ...even a top 10 certainty ....so what's changed with these so called experts :D .....I have the same rant every year, so don't mind me

Go back 3 months and everyone had very diff player rankings .....by Draft night, they'll all be in unison

I said top 10 and I truly believe he will embarrass a lot of people picked before him. He come into the AFL with some big weapons like kicking and aggression, I still hope we trade on draft day to pick him up

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
AA at u/18 level is very hit and miss imo.
I've watched both Betts and Pickett in their draft year and Pickett is better and more talented.
Whether he fulfills that I don't know.
you fully realize that Betts suffer from Osteitis Pubis in his draft year and struggle to play due to his injury.

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Perhaps look at some of the comprehensive footage at the link mate, it won't be based on football ability if he's a bust. I admit sometimes he lacks a bit of intensity and displays ordinary body language but I think that will get ironed out quickly in an elite AFL system.

We don't know though.
It will either make him or break him.

If he gets his head right he's easily a top 10 talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back