Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So not 1 of you will admit you should have honoured the deal and traded down?

As previously said you had leverage over Freo to ensure they wouldn't take McAsy. All you had to do was call them and ask are you taking Mcasy? If you leave him till 9 we won't bid on Henry. At least acknowledge that part?

You guys seemed to be really enjoying the death riding thread at the mid point of the season, what changed?
I have already asked you to go cry somewhere else. BUT I do agree that if both sides had agreed on a clearly defined deal then both sides should honoured the deal. Now I don't know exactly what the so called deal was and I dont believe that you actually know what it was. You are guessing its based on what third parties may have said. I understand that there was an agreement that we would give up pick 6 for nine and that there would be a 2020 pick included. But that pick wasn't defined and when it came down to what it would be SOS said it would be a 2nd rd and we send no it has to be the 1st rd. SO the agreement was dissolved. Its that simple. So that is why no one here believes there was a deal that should have been honoured.

I also read a post that said that SOS did a similar thing when we did the Gibbs deal. SO I reckon he has a history of trying to be a smart arse.

Now please go and cry somewhere else.

I really liked Stephens and Young but very happy with McAsey ... Schoenberg gives us alot of what we do not have and Worrell was a steal .
To be honest i didn't know a great deal about O'Connor and even less about Gollant but content to see how they pan out over the next 2-3 years .
Liked the selections of Keays and Crocker . So All in all a good haul .
My comments to Bicks were good spirited tongue in cheek .... jest .
I also wanted Stephens but not to be. Then I thought why the f**k didnt we take Young with our first pick. So I was disappointed. But since the draft finished I took the view that we are rejuvenating our list and it may take three years to field a team that can make the top four. So getting our future KPF and KPD's in place is a good thing and a good place to start. We have speedy mids in the squad already they just need a opportunity. So I am pleased with our haul.

Now the bonus is that in our second year of rejuvenating we have a strong selection of picks. So I think that our 1st and 2nd years of the rejuvenation will make us a very competitive team.

How much is Martin earning next season?

Not many AFL players are being paid $1m next season...

He's earning 1mil, but we have been paying under the cap and if we don't spend it we lose it, still averages out to 600k over 5, the fact that it's up front suits us

I have already asked you to go cry somewhere else. BUT I do agree that if both sides had agreed on a clearly defined deal then both sides should honoured the deal. Now I don't know exactly what the so called deal was and I dont believe that you actually know what it was. You are guessing its based on what third parties may have said. I understand that there was an agreement that we would give up pick 6 for nine and that there would be a 2020 pick included. But that pick wasn't defined and when it came down to what it would be SOS said it would be a 2nd rd and we send no it has to be the 1st rd. SO the agreement was dissolved. Its that simple. So that is why no one here believes there was a deal that should have been honoured.

I also read a post that said that SOS did a similar thing when we did the Gibbs deal. SO I reckon he has a history of trying to be a smart arse.

Now please go and cry somewhere else.

That is true, we don't 100% know

But what is more likely, especially considering you would still very likely get McAsey at 9. A first round pick just to move up 3 picks is extremely generous and we weren't trying to beat a bid like GWS, plus our future first will be more valuable than GWSs. So I find it hard to believe that Reid thought he was getting a first.

We also don't know but our side tellings the Gibbs mix up differently and that Reid was at fault again, maybe that one was a genuine mix up, but surely you don't believe that this recent one was a mix up.

I reckon this happened

-Crows would have taken Stephen, but McAsey was a close second and the GWS offer was too good to be true
-Carlton and Adeialde has an agreement to trade down if Stephens was gone as they could likely get McAsey at 9, the deal involved a future second
-Crows got spooked that Geelong might try and trade down
-Crows were like * it just ask Carlton for a first if they want to do as we are worried we'll miss McAsy
-SOS fuming as the next on our board is Serong, Freo take him so it's Kemp, SOS knows he can get better value so gets Kemp and a free hit at Philp who no one's has ever heard of

That is true, we don't 100% know

But what is more likely, especially considering you would still very likely get McAsey at 9. A first round pick just to move up 3 picks is extremely generous and we weren't trying to beat a bid like GWS, plus our future first will be more valuable than GWSs. So I find it hard to believe that Reid thought he was getting a first.

We also don't know but our side tellings the Gibbs mix up differently and that Reid was at fault again, maybe that one was a genuine mix up, but surely you don't believe that this recent one was a mix up.

I reckon this happened

-Crows would have taken Stephen, but McAsey was a close second and the GWS offer was too good to be true
-Carlton and Adeialde has an agreement to trade down if Stephens was gone as they could likely get McAsey at 9, the deal involved a future second
-Crows got spooked that Geelong might try and trade down
-Crows were like fu** it just ask Carlton for a first if they want to do as we are worried we'll miss McAsy
-SOS fuming as the next on our board is Serong, Freo take him so it's Kemp, SOS knows he can get better value so gets Kemp and a free hit at Philp who no one's has ever heard of
Look that’s all fantasy stuff, you have no idea what happened and if you’re basing your anger on your imagination only, you should take the discussion to your board.

Realistically both won’t play much for us. I question why in the last 2 years we downgrade pick to lower positions and miss out on players that would help us. I feel Hamish knows who he wants and gets them. I think Hamish is making odd decisions like the last pick when we had better options.

The first 3 picks are great rebuilding tools but when the hell is he gonna to pick a few outside wingman? This has been a big issue for years and we haven’t drafted any.

Our list is really uneven and I see a big downfall in the next 2 years. We have no big midfielder and no fast runners. We are depending on Mackay, Atkins and the injury prone Seedsman. We are also slow all around the field. Why pick up all talls?

It just makes no sense, even if you say we took beat available it still smells like BS to me. As fans it’s a big let down as well as these guys won’t contribute much if at all next year. We need some good news on the pitch after last year’s poor showing. Only Jones and McHenry will show something I think

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm not sure why you didn't list Jones, McHenry, Smith, Milera, Sholl and Hamill as faster outside players. I'm not sure how often the three runners you list even play.

I notice you are discussing Martin, I can shed some light on the contract if you like.

Over the 5 years he will average 600k, that's the same as his last deal at GC.

So after the first two years hell be on like 300k and enable us to add other talent, good management by SOS imo

Nothing like a talented player for free, if only Reid could see the forest from the trees you'd have Mcasey and a free second rounder
Or maybe he'll ask to be traded to a third team and get a salary bump, like what happened when you front loaded Gibbs.

Dangerous territory to be in, to deliberately sign contracts so large that they actively dissuade other clubs. Maybe they know something.

We got the player we wanted at the draft, so don't bother flogging it up and telling us we should have done something else, just to help you improve.

Along with more than 30 other top up players, he trained with the SANFL Squad. Things may have changed in the last two years but according to some top up players with the Crows back then, the SANFL squad only had one full on training session each week. Clubs had to get permission from the AFL if they wanted someone to join them for pre-season training. There was no indication that sMurph was involved in the 2017 pre-season.

On the odd occasion during the season he would get permission to train with the AFL squad. He was able to use the gym etc during his lunch break from the Crows Shop. He also had access to the wit and wisdom of Ryan O’Keefe and our unique game plan.

sMurph would have had a better preparation at an SANFL club but the beauty of playing SANFL for the Crows was that he could be directly compared to the players we picked up in the 2016 draft (Gallucci, Poholke, Himmelberg, Signorello, Davis and Jarman) and he performed better than all of them. At the end of the season he was told that there was a 5% chance we would pick him up as a rookie but the cards fell his way and he has played 32 AFL games in his first two seasons.

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

He’s one of my favourite players. Multiple time he’s run headlong into danger to take a mark with no fear and gets away with it due to attacking the ball. He’s also kicked a few beautiful long range goals while running flat out.
With a bit more support so he doesn’t have to do all the defensive chasing, he can be a bit more attacking because he’s a decent kick when allowed to do it.

Or maybe he'll ask to be traded to a third team and get a salary bump, like what happened when you front loaded Gibbs.

Dangerous territory to be in, to deliberately sign contracts so large that they actively dissuade other clubs. Maybe they know something.

We got the player we wanted at the draft, so don't bother flogging it up and telling us we should have done something else, just to help you improve.

Yeah that was a total disater for us, 2 firsts for a 30 year old reserves player who is desperate to come back

I also wanted Stephens but not to be. Then I thought why the f**k didnt we take Young with our first pick. So I was disappointed. But since the draft finished I took the view that we are rejuvenating our list and it may take three years to field a team that can make the top four. So getting our future KPF and KPD's in place is a good thing and a good place to start. We have speedy mids in the squad already they just need a opportunity. So I am pleased with our haul.

Now the bonus is that in our second year of rejuvenating we have a strong selection of picks. So I think that our 1st and 2nd years of the rejuvenation will make us a very competitive team.

I’m feeling the same after my initial disappointment with not grabbing a potential super classy mid. But It does make sense to get talls first. And Schoenberg could really be anything. Maybe the extra picks we’ve traded in can be swapped back at an appropriate time for that elite mid 2020/21.

I’m feeling the same after my initial disappointment with not grabbing a potential super classy mid. But It does make sense to get talls first. And Schoenberg could really be anything. Maybe the extra picks we’ve traded in can be swapped back at an appropriate time for that elite mid 2020/21.
Schoenberg may surprise you .....looks very classy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hows this fella going for you that we got pick 13 and mcadam for
View attachment 787418

I wouldn't reverse the trade if that's the question

I understand it's 1 deal that you may not have been smashed in but certainly not worthy of claiming a huge victory

McGovern would be getting a game over Fog if he were still at Adelaide

I wouldn't reverse the trade if that's the question

I understand it's 1 deal that you may not have been smashed in but certainly not worthy of claiming a huge victory

McGovern would be getting a game over Fog if he were still at Adelaide

McGovern should see plenty of game time for you guys over the next year or 2. Looks like Charlie Curnow’s knee is done. Can’t even walk up stairs

Yeah that was a total disater for us, 2 firsts for a 30 year old reserves player who is desperate to come back

You know the pick 19 you gave us back in the Gibbs trade has given us Hamill from last years draft and Worrell from this years draft. I think we will be pretty happy in the end.

O’Brien is looking like a flop, Kennedy can’t get a game and Dekoning hasn’t played a game yet. You guys ruined what you got for the Gibbs deal.... another SOSAGE flop

You know the pick 19 you gave us back in the Gibbs trade has given us Hamill from last years draft and Schoenberg from this years draft. I think we will be pretty happy in the end.

O’Brien is looking like a flop, Kennedy can’t get a game and Dekoning hasn’t played a game yet. You guys ruined what you got for the Gibbs deal.... another SOSAGE flop

Early days on O'Brien has good tools, need to be a bit harder

Kennedy has disappointed too slow to be a mid, only chance is a caddy style forward which he was ok at

Dekonning is a developing ruck and they are very excited about him internally

I have no idea who the guys you are talking about are

Liam Stocker holds the keys to embarrass Reid or SOS and is paying $21 for the norm Smith if you want some free money (Reid won't he hates free gifts)

Kennedy has disappointed too slow to be a mid, only chance is a caddy style forward which he was ok at

Liam Stocker holds the keys to embarrass Reid or SOS and is paying $21 for the norm Smith if you want some free money (Reid won't he hates free gifts)

Looking like you picked the wrong Dekoning.... typical SOSAGE at it again. No wonder he is getting sacked

$21 for the norm smith? Wtf !! He’s got about as much chance of winning the norm smith as I have, and I finished playing footy 10 years ago.

Sam Philp at pick 20...... oh dear....talk about reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaching....and wait until you see some of him just throwing it on the boot and bombing it forward....this bloke makes Paddy Dow's kicking look like Daniel Rich's on a good day.

Ahhhh School Holidays. Some of the kiddies don’t even know what you have to do to win the Norm Smith.

Now......since Carlolton are paying much better than $21 to make the Grand Final so one can only conclude

1) The AFL will introduce a mid-year draft this year.

2) Stocker is traded to a contender (for a packet of stale chips).

I think you should be asking for better than 20/1. Is this the price with the Carlolton Bigfooty bookie?

-Soz meant rising star
-I’ve got no idea who Philps is, but he’s basically free as we rated Kemp as the next best player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back