Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isnt Findlay more of a 3rd tall defender, whereas Hilder is genuine KPD size?

We definitely need a replacement for Talia in the next 2-3 years at most. I’d be going for Hilder, potentially at our 2nd pick or is that reaching for him?
Not me, I'd be taking Karl Finlay, he's more the natural footballer, almost the complete package already, high football I'Q., good composure, good contested mark, good one on one, high class intercepting mark, excellent positioning and good foot skills. I like him a lot, the only thing Hilder has that Finlay doesn't is that little bit of height and who's to say he not still growing? Can't see Hilder going that high personally, IMO Finlay's odds on to go before him.

Finlay although the shorter of the two at 192cm 88kg I think he's the one most likely to be off the board first, I'd be surprised if both weren't available in the 2nd round, probably 3rd round more likely.

We definitely need one as our defence is ok but we don’t have Talia type as back up. We have plenty of third tall but no one on one kkf

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bicks
I see Westies snuck R. Thilthorpe into their A grade side yesterday just turned 17 should go Top 10 2021 draft
would love Adelaide to get him
Certainly looks a top end pick next year and the best Ruck prospect to come out of SA since Brodie Grundy, a player he's already being compared to with his similar athleticism and ability below his knees for such a big lad.

If we have pick 2 or 3, I would try and change it for GWS’s 2 firsts and get Gould and Tahery. That would be awesome for us and we need another classy forward and a quality running back.

We could trade Greenwood and or Keath and reload as well. I just don’t like our chances of keeping Rowell and Anderson long term.

With the crows luck, we’ll be in contention for a flag and they will want to leave ( like Danger) and well have to start again.

I’ve never really thought to much about it but we need to target Sa players as they won’t leave. West Coast are a great example of how to do it. If 2 players are close on potential, we need SA

I think all well and good to say let’s draft SA boys only but if both players off the board by the time our picks come up and the next SA player isn’t worth the pick seems silly to just pick him. Gotta go with best available always and if decision 50/50 than can make judgement call.

If we have pick 2 or 3, I would try and change it for GWS’s 2 firsts and get Gould and Tahery. That would be awesome for us and we need another classy forward and a quality running back.

We could trade Greenwood and or Keath and reload as well. I just don’t like our chances of keeping Rowell and Anderson long term.

With the crows luck, we’ll be in contention for a flag and they will want to leave ( like Danger) and well have to start again.

I’ve never really thought to much about it but we need to target Sa players as they won’t leave. West Coast are a great example of how to do it. If 2 players are close on potential, we need SA

So you're saying we bypass a shot at an elite talent the likes of we've never had access to before in Matt Rowell or Noah Anderson if the ladder pans out right or even a Brodie Kemp, Lachlan Ash or Hayden Young? Hmmmm can't say I agree.

Jared Polec and Chad Wingard ring any bells?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you're saying we bypass a shot at an elite talent the likes of we've never had access to before in Matt Rowell or Noah Anderson if the ladder pans out right or even a Brodie Kemp, Lachlan Ash or Hayden Young? Hmmmm can't say I agree.

Jared Polec and Chad Wingard ring any bells?

I truly understand the dilemma BUT last few times we challenged for the flag, first Tippett leaves then Danger then Lever then CC and finally McGovern. We are now not even close to a flag.

Everytime we lose a player, we have to start again. If we had all the above players still. We would be top 2 and challenging for 5 years.

Can’t expect any different until we change our strategy

I truly understand the dilemma BUT last few times we challenged for the flag, first Tippett leaves then Danger then Lever then CC and finally McGovern. We are now not even close to a flag.

Everytime we lose a player, we have to start again. If we had all the above players still. We would be top 2 and challenging for 5 years.

Can’t expect any different until we change our strategy

Phil Davis would be pretty handy about now.

Nathan Bock even with his off field flaws was a big loss.

We have drafted a premiership team in the last 12 years but just been unable to hold them together.
We need to change what we do

And not selecting the best available talent will put an end to that?

I suggest you go through the AFL team lists and construct a current day State Of Origin team for each state...i.e. SA, WA, Vic and Allies.....therein will be your answer to your dilemma.

We have drafted a premiership team in the last 12 years but just been unable to hold them together.
We need to change what we do

So what you're saying is, our drafting is a success, but our player retention is poor.

Therefore we need to stop drafting well, and take lesser players purely to retain them? I can't wrap my head around how that achieves anything but bottom 5 finishes.

Improving player retention itself on the other hand...

If we don't have pick one or two, I think we should look to trade.

If we don't have pick one or two, I think we should look to trade.
Obviously you haven't seen a hell of a lot of Brodie Kemp, Lachie Ash or Hayden Young? All are capable of being real game changers..
Trade with a view to doing what exactly?
Any particular players you'd be targeting?

I think if you ignore all Victorian and Western Australia Talent in the draft you ignore over 75% of all players in the draft.

I wouldn't be trading pick 3 and 21 for possibly picks 2 picks between 9-16

So what you're saying is, our drafting is a success, but our player retention is poor.

Therefore we need to stop drafting well, and take lesser players purely to retain them? I can't wrap my head around how that achieves anything but bottom 5 finishes.

Improving player retention itself on the other hand...

It sounds that way but not what I meant. I don’t know the answer is. What I do know is every time a player leaves we fall further behind even if we get a good deal. We need to change the way we do things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back