Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously you haven't seen a hell of a lot of Brodie Kemp, Lachie Ash or Hayden Young? All are capable of being real game changers..
Trade with a view to doing what exactly?
Any particular players you'd be targeting?

3 for Hately and 9, perhaps? Or for both GWS picks?

3 for Hately and 9, perhaps? Or for both GWS picks?
And what on Earth makes you think GWS would want to part with a contracted Hately at season's end one year into his career.....that and the likely impending loss of Coniglio at season end? Is Hately's type a real need to our midfield, not the quickest mid going around? Especially with Coniglio going down Hately looks the one to replace him at this point in time.

And what on Earth makes you think GWS would want to part with a contracted Hately at season's end one year into his career.....that and the likely impending loss of Coniglio at season end? Is Hately's type a real need to our midfield, not the quickest mid going around? Especially with Coniglio going down Hately looks the one to replace him at this point in time.

GWS drafted three midfielders in the first 20 picks last year and have a top five midfielder coming this year - and that's in ADDITION to Aiden Bonar.

They have way too many kids, and even if Coniglio leaves then they'll have another high draft pick. Those kids can see that as clearly as anyone.

Hately may WANT to leave. He'd be absolutely fine in our midfield, and would get games immediately.

Hately and his manager just have to weight up where he is in the list.

GWS have a stacked midfield. You would think the starting 4 are Kelly. Ward, Cogs and Taranto. Then add a tagger (De Bour).

He will have to see where he lies in the depth. Hopper, Perryman, Bonar, Hately, Caldwell and now Green....

Will sign another contract no doubt but if he doesnt get many games I hope Crows are into him.

GWS have a stacked midfield. You would think the starting 4 are Kelly. Ward, Cogs and Taranto. Then add a tagger (De Bour).

He will have to see where he lies in the depth. Hopper, Perryman, Bonar, Hately, Caldwell and now Green....

Will sign another contract no doubt but if he doesnt get many games I hope Crows are into him.

Plus Xavier O'Halloran.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the information i've read Hately has been tearing the 2's comp to shreds. Like Patrick Wilson numbers, no way GWS gives him up without a serious fight.

Perryman is more a half back than a midfielder and the word is strong Bonar may be looking to move for more AFL opportunities, Saints very keen. Coniglio is sure to have big, big interest and big money on offer considering he's a RFA at season's end.....He's the most likely one to move IMO.

I can never understand this logic.

Why would a club spend +1 year scouting a player, spend a 1st round draft pick, develop them for a season and then trade them for another 1st rounder to do it all over again?

They obviously drafted him as they saw him as a part of their club in the future. Rarely does that change in 12 months.

He was never slow, but his running style isn't very urgent, so his perceived speed certainly wouldn't be his best asset.

Very athletic though!
We need midfielders that can get separation with their acceleration to compliment our inside mids....Hately is not that player. Rowell, Anderson and Kemp are just that, Kemp the best of the 3 in that regard IMO and now shaping as possibly the most likely to be available to us. Lachie Ash also very good acceleration and speed could be an option if we see him as having the potential to translate that into a midfield role.

I can never understand this logic.

Why would a club spend +1 year scouting a player, spend a 1st round draft pick, develop them for a season and then trade them for another 1st rounder to do it all over again?

They obviously drafted him as they saw him as a part of their club in the future. Rarely does that change in 12 months.
I think what Dixon was saying is could GC trade pick 1 and lukosius to an adelaide club for some very good players..ie the crouch brothers or maybe laird and milera for example. not saying we would do that as losing both crouch brothers throws the list around in a big way..but if we end up with pick 2 ourselves, imagine calling our Anderson then Rowell at the draft + adding lukosius to the team - could be like Hawthorn back in the 2000's when they got Hodge, Roughead and Franklin. But it is hypoithetical as GC won't do it even though it is likely in their best interests to do something like that to get in top end experienced players to help straight away and also mentor the kids

We need midfielders that can get separation with their acceleration to compliment our inside mids....Hately is not that player. Rowell, Anderson and Kemp are just that, Kemp the best of the 3 in that regard IMO and now shaping as possibly the most likely to be available to us. Lachie Ash also very good acceleration and speed could be an option if we see him as having the potential to translate that into a midfield role.
Bicks, what would you be prepared to potentially trade to GC to try and get their pick 1 to pair up rowell and anderson (assuming Carlton finish 17th which I think they will)

Mate you and I are on point this year. Kemp is my early draft crush. Will need to develop, but his list of attributes is outrageous, and scary to think if he can turn it into midfield production!

Bicks, what would you be prepared to potentially trade to GC to try and get their pick 1 to pair up rowell and anderson (assuming Carlton finish 17th which I think they will)
How many of our CONTRACTED top players would be interested in playing for the Gold Coast is the bigger question? Not too many would be my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back