Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Seems a good time to kick off the 2019 Draft Watch with the renaming and rejigging of the former TAC Comp to now be known as the NAB LEAGUE and extended to now bring Tasmania [Tassie Devils] permanently back into the fold as well as welcome the 5 Northern State squads for an Academy series leading up to the U18's Championships. NAB on board as the major naming rights partner/sponsor. Also an App to be released to follow all the results, stream selected games, match stats, individual player stats etc etc.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03...-gets-new-name-new-focus-new-app-and-tasmania

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-01-23/appy-days-as-afl-looks-to-boost-interest-in-draft

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
WOW Bicks .....how early to start this, 2019 season hasn't started yet

Wake me up in August

sleep-1.gif

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams

Wake me up in August

sleep-1.gif
Lads have been in serious training for some time after the Christmas break and all the NAB League squads have been finalised and have had plenty of intra-club and simulated match practice. I would expect it would be the same with the interstate U18 competitions as well. Going to be a hell of a lot more emphasis on the U18 Competition and way more information on the players available to those that are interested from now on which I'm sure will peak the footballing public's interest to a greater level in the young talent coming through. It might not interest you but there are plenty that will be excited by the these developments.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Lads have been in serious training for some time after the Christmas break and all the NAB League squads have been finalised and have had plenty of intra-club and simulated match practice. I would expect it would be the same with the interstate U18 competitions as well. Going to be a hell of a lot more emphasis on the U18 Competition and way more information on the players available to those that are interested from now on which I'm sure will peak the footballing public's interest to a greater level in the young talent coming through. It might not interest you but there are plenty that will be excited by the these developments.
Not that it doesn't interest me ....it's just that early favorites for the top 10 will fade as others develop later in the year

So I just don't get excited by the pace setters

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

I'm glad you've set this up early Bicks we're more invested in this kind of thread than ever before, with Carlolton's pick swap

For once, we've got a shot at the best, and i want to know about them

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Wake me up in August

sleep-1.gif
Not that it doesn't interest me ....it's just that early favorites for the top 10 will fade as others develop later in the year

For a bloke who reckons we should wake him up in August, you've posted 40% of the content of this thread!

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Bicks who are the early 2019 names

I suspect we will look for a midfielder personally, and a key-forward if there's a better one

Who can we look at?
I think midfielder Matt Rowell 180cm 73kg would be near the top of everyone's list after his dominant 2018 U18's Championships as an under ager.
Others in contention probably Mid Noah Anderson 190cm 83kg, Mid Mitch O'Neil 181cm 69kg, General Forward Dylan Williams 188cm 82kg,Mid/Forward Sam Flanders 183cm 81kg, Mid Tom Green 188cm 85kg.

Clever Forward Cam Taheny 183cm 76kg probably SA's best prospect at this point IMO especially if he can transition into the midfield in 2019, very exciting prospect, another Croweaters that will bear watching Defender Will Gould 190cm 95kg but SA doesn't look nearly as strong as last year.

My dark horse for 2019 is big bodied Geelong Falcon midfielder Cooper Stephens 187cm 70kg who really impressed me as an under ager last season, locally I really like medium forward Mitch Martin who I think will likely transition into the midfield this season and take his game to another level.

Looks a pretty skinny draft for talls to me with Utility Brodie Kemp 193cm 76kg a personal favourite, the athletic Ruck/Forward Luke Jackson 196cm 90kg and Tall forward Emmerson Jeka 198cm 88kg who's shown a bit perhaps chances. Our Academy kid Daniel Sladojevic 192cm 91kg shows promise but I'm not convinced yet.

Edit : those weights and measurements are last year's so will likely need updating during the season with a lot of the lads likely to have a growth spurt..

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think midfielder Matt Rowell 180cm 73kg would be near the top of everyone's list after his dominant 2018 U18's Championships as an under ager.
Others in contention probably Mid Noah Anderson 190cm 83kg, Mid Mitch O'Neil 181cm 69kg, General Forward Dylan Williams 188cm 82kg,Mid/Forward Sam Flanders 183cm 81kg, Mid Tom Green 188cm 85kg.

Clever Forward Cam Taheny 183cm 76kg probably SA's best prospect at this point IMO especially if he can transition into the midfield in 2019, very exciting prospect, another Croweaters that will bear watching Defender Will Gould 190cm 95kg but SA doesn't look nearly as strong as last year.

My dark horse for 2019 is big bodied Geelong Falcon midfielder Cooper Stephens 187cm 70kg who really impressed me as an under ager last season, locally I really like medium forward Mitch Martin who I think will likely transition into the midfield this season and take his game to another level.

Looks a pretty skinny draft for talls to me with Utility Brodie Kemp 193cm 76kg a personal favourite, the athletic Ruck/Forward Luke Jackson 196cm 90kg and Tall forward Emmerson Jeka 198cm 88kg who's shown a bit perhaps chances. Our Academy kid Daniel Sladojevic 192cm 91kg shows promise but I'm not convinced yet.
If Cam Taheny keeps progressing he is going to be a super player and one I would be very happy for us to grab if the cards fall that way - goes to my lads school and he is super athletic

Grenville

Club Legend
Apr 25, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Seems a good time to kick off the 2019 Draft Watch with the renaming and rejigging of the former TAC Comp to now be known as the NAB LEAGUE and extended to now bring Tasmania [Tassie Devils] permanently back into the fold as well as welcome the 5 Northern State squads for an Academy series leading up to the U18's Championships. NAB on board as the major naming rights partner/sponsor. Also an App to be released to follow all the results, stream selected games, match stats, individual player stats etc etc.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03...-gets-new-name-new-focus-new-app-and-tasmania

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-01-23/appy-days-as-afl-looks-to-boost-interest-in-draft

Really appreciate the efforts of you and JeffCrowe in posting all the draft info each year mate - cheers!

Credit where it's due, those are some good moves from the AFL there.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams

Here you go Wayno the trial match schedule for the Victorian U18 lads this weekend and next, you might like to trot along for a squiz, sure to be a game on nearby...I'm heading off in the morning to take a look at the two GWV Rebels and the Bendigo Pioneers games at Sebastopol. ;):cool:

https://nableague.com.au/2019-practice-match-schedule/

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide

Edit : those weights and measurements are last year's so will likely need updating during the season with a lot of the lads likely to have a growth spurt..
After last years super talented draft this one seems a bit underwhelming but the top 5 is always strong luckily for us this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back