Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Hoping with our Carlton heist we end up with one of Rowell Anderson or O’Neill ... any of them will do me
Only thing is we probably need to finish below Port to get Taheney with our 1st rounder....

Just hope we can wrangle a deal for 2020 to land SA big man Riley Thilthorpe who is shaping as very, very special a la Brodie Grundy.

Only thing is we probably need to finish below Port to get Taheney with our 1st rounder....

Just hope we can wrangle a deal for 2020 to land SA big man Riley Thilthorpe who is shaping as very, very special a la Brodie Grundy.

We don't have our first round pick, that's gone to Carlton.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Here you go Wayno the trial match schedule for the Victorian U18 lads this weekend and next, you might like to trot along for a squiz, sure to be a game on nearby...I'm heading off in the morning to take a look at the two GWV Rebels and the Bendigo Pioneers at Sebastopol. ;):cool:

https://nableague.com.au/2019-practice-match-schedule/
What I will do this year is go & watch the U18 Nationals Live ....been meaning to do it for a couple of years

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Seems a good time to kick off the 2019 Draft Watch with the renaming and rejigging of the former TAC Comp to now be known as the NAB LEAGUE and extended to now bring Tasmania [Tassie Devils] permanently back into the fold as well as welcome the 5 Northern State squads for an Academy series leading up to the U18's Championships. NAB on board as the major naming rights partner/sponsor. Also an App to be released to follow all the results, stream selected games, match stats, individual player stats etc etc.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03...-gets-new-name-new-focus-new-app-and-tasmania

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-01-23/appy-days-as-afl-looks-to-boost-interest-in-draft
I don't want to derail the thread but interesting Tassie are in yet there's no momentum for a Tassie team in the AFL

I don't want to derail the thread but interesting Tassie are in yet there's no momentum for a Tassie team in the AFL

I wouldn't be surprised if the AFL is just waiting for a Victorian team to be on deaths row before relocating them to Tasmania. Preferably North.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I think midfielder Matt Rowell 180cm 73kg would be near the top of everyone's list after his dominant 2018 U18's Championships as an under ager.
Others in contention probably Mid Noah Anderson 190cm 83kg, Mid Mitch O'Neil 181cm 69kg, General Forward Dylan Williams 188cm 82kg,Mid/Forward Sam Flanders 183cm 81kg, Mid Tom Green 188cm 85kg.

Clever Forward Cam Taheny 183cm 76kg probably SA's best prospect at this point IMO especially if he can transition into the midfield in 2019, very exciting prospect, another Croweaters that will bear watching Defender Will Gould 190cm 95kg but SA doesn't look nearly as strong as last year.

My dark horse for 2019 is big bodied Geelong Falcon midfielder Cooper Stephens 187cm 70kg who really impressed me as an under ager last season, locally I really like medium forward Mitch Martin who I think will likely transition into the midfield this season and take his game to another level.

Looks a pretty skinny draft for talls to me with Utility Brodie Kemp 193cm 76kg a personal favourite, the athletic Ruck/Forward Luke Jackson 196cm 90kg and Tall forward Emmerson Jeka 198cm 88kg who's shown a bit perhaps chances. Our Academy kid Daniel Sladojevic 192cm 91kg shows promise but I'm not convinced yet.

Edit : those weights and measurements are last year's so will likely need updating during the season with a lot of the lads likely to have a growth spurt..
With Ned McHenry, surely we have to draft Sam Flanders?

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
:p What a single comment from a poster, saying he's a beaut ? ......I keep saying McKays a beaut and no-one believes me ;)
Not bad for his 1st hit out after a managed pre-season [knee].
He will be a player Wayno...

http://neafl.com.au/brisbane-overpowers-aspley-in-solid-practice-match-contest/

The Lions’ midfield had the upper hand throughout the game, with veteran ruckman Stef Martin consistently winning the ruck battle against the less experienced Hornets ruck duo.

Martin gelled well with his less experienced teammates, notably in the first quarter as he expertly knocked a throw-in long into the path of exciting draftee Tom Berry, who was able to transfer it inside 50 for a Ben Keays goal, the first of his four for the afternoon.
With a resounding win under the belt, Hahn was especially happy with the youth players on display and the liveliness they brought.

“I thought our draftees and development players provided really good energy today. We come here with a plan to make sure our energy and our attitude are on, and they were both on,” he elaborated.

“I was really pleased with the way that Tommy Berry could come in as a draftee, same with Noah Answerth, Tommy Joyce, those guys.”

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
With Ned McHenry, surely we have to draft Sam Flanders?
Very talented kid Sam Flanders, most impressive up forward and showed plenty on the ball as well in his under age year. Gippy Power lad so a country lad which is a plus too.

Sam+Flanders+g2nSYxwWL6pm.jpg

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
s**t I forgot about that, we have Carlton's 2nd though don't we? Not that that would land young Cam Taheny if he comes on as expected.
With trading of future picks maybe the club could bundle the carlton 2nd with a future 1st round pick to get another pick around the top 10 if they wanted cam but were going someone else with the carlton 1st we have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back