Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So according to Lore's 2019 draft thread based on last year's ladder order we have Picks 1,22, 25, 97 and 115.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...verified-following-live-trades.1206928/page-4
Isn't it 1, 19, 25? Carlton 2nd should be 19.

Last years crop are going to go gangbusters but I'm wondering how the midfielders of this year compare to Walsh, Smith, Rozee, Caldwell, Jones, Stocker.

Surely the top 2 or 3 this year rate as high if not higher. Appreciate your thoughts

Last years crop are going to go gangbusters but I'm wondering how the midfielders of this year compare to Walsh, Smith, Rozee, Caldwell, Jones, Stocker.

Surely the top 2 or 3 this year rate as high if not higher. Appreciate your thoughts
yup, my mistake

Should read
1,19, 25, 97 and 115.

My concern with having a top 5 pick spent on an elite vic mid is only gonna bite us in the ass eventually.
How long until Stkilda, North, Hawthorn and Carlton come calling after his 3rd year with a big cash offer?
The club might think that too. I reckon it’s not a coincidence that neither Jones nor McHenry has an established Vic family base.

If the clear best prospect is Vic we will take them. If it’s close we will take someone with less flight risk.

Works for us if we have pick one and the best player is SA, Tas, NT or non-metro.

If only

I expect Carlton to win 4-7 games which will change that

Surely 4 would be Carltons upper limit this year. They were historically bad last year, to the point that doesn't happen by accident and we've seen plenty of times that preseasons + experience does not equal development, especially in poorer clubs.

The club might think that too. I reckon it’s not a coincidence that neither Jones nor McHenry has an established Vic family base.

If the clear best prospect is Vic we will take them. If it’s close we will take someone with less flight risk.

Works for us if we have pick one and the best player is SA, Tas, NT or non-metro.

Feel like their smaller size will help with less interest and easier retention if Crows rate them in the future. McHenry did look pretty tight with his Vic Metro boys though.

The larger bodies like RCD (Sydney supporter) scream danger to me in terms of retention, as if they are A grade, like Cripps, other clubs will be circling.
Jye Caldwell (St Kilda suppoter) who went to Geelong Grammar and was able to have lunch with Joel Selwood prior to the draft, also seems like a hard one to retain if he's good.
Even Jackson Hately said that he loved Collingwood and wanted to be like Pendles. Ironic if we had picked an SA boy and Collingwood had poached him after a couple years if he was good.

In his draft vid, Stocker said that he wanted to be a one club player and not move around, so that would have been interesting had Adelaide or Port wanted him.

Feel like their smaller size will help with less interest and easier retention if Crows rate them in the future. McHenry did look pretty tight with his Vic Metro boys though.

The larger bodies like RCD (Sydney supporter) scream danger to me in terms of retention, as if they are A grade, like Cripps, other clubs will be circling.
Jye Caldwell (St Kilda suppoter) who went to Geelong Grammar and was able to have lunch with Joel Selwood prior to the draft, also seems like a hard one to retain if he's good.
Even Jackson Hately said that he loved Collingwood and wanted to be like Pendles. Ironic if we had picked an SA boy and Collingwood had poached him after a couple years if he was good.

In his draft vid, Stocker said that he wanted to be a one club player and not move around, so that would have been interesting had Adelaide or Port wanted him.
Short memory?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bicks, playing the opportunity cost game. How far down the draft would you need to end up before a straight swap for Brodie Grundy isn't the better option.

I have to admit, at this point, with minimal emotional investment into any of these kids yet, well I'm pretty damn high!

Bicks, playing the opportunity cost game. How far down the draft would you need to end up before a straight swap for Brodie Grundy isn't the better option.

I have to admit, at this point, with minimal emotional investment into any of these kids yet, well I'm pretty damn high!
Get back to me when Brodie Grundy actually indicates he even wants to come here, it's pie in the sky stuff until then.

Carlton's 1st round pick on it's own even if it's pick 1 would hardly interest Collingwood IMO. You do realise Grundy's back up Ruck at the Pies is Forward/Ruck Jordan Roughead and a 20 year old rookie Max Lynch.

Using local lad Cam Taheny as the example as he is projected as SA's most highly rated player in this years draft at this early stage - if he progresses this year on the good form he showed last year and is tipped to go between say picks 8-12 in the draft, I wonder if the club might look to trade down to secure a later top 10 pick to take him as the best rated local lad and a second 1st rounder to go after a second player they rate. It will be interesting to see how they play it if as we are thinking the Carlton 1st ends up being a top 1-3 pick

Get back to me when Brodie Grundy actually indicates he even wants to come here, it's pie in the sky stuff until then.

Carlton's 1st round pick on it's own even if it's pick 1 would hardly interest Collingwood IMO. You do realise Grundy's back up Ruck at the Pies is Forward/Ruck Jordan Roughead and a 20 year old rookie Max Lynch.
Come on man, humor us. We all know that 99% of stuff in BF is built on speculation. Thats what we are here for.

Nothing to do with what Grundy wants, or Collingwood, or whatever you are currently trying to think of to not give a straight answer...

Just your perfect world number

Go!

Using local lad Cam Taheny as the example as he is projected as SA's most highly rated player in this years draft at this early stage - if he progresses this year on the good form he showed last year and is tipped to go between say picks 8-12 in the draft, I wonder if the club might look to trade down to secure a later top 10 pick to take him as the best rated local lad and a second 1st rounder to go after a second player they rate. It will be interesting to see how they play it if as we are thinking the Carlton 1st ends up being a top 1-3 pick
If we are looking at the going rate of last year, we'd be looking at two picks from 5-12 at minimum.

Come on man, humor us. We all know that 99% of stuff in BF is built on speculation. Thats what we are here for.

Nothing to do with what Grundy wants, or Collingwood, or whatever you are currently trying to think of to not give a straight answer...

Just your perfect world number

Go!
You're not talking speculation you're talking pure fantasy.

You're not talking speculation you're talking pure fantasy.
Well Du'h. Thats why i called it the opportunity cost GAME...

Come on dude, you don't have to make an argument out of literally everything. I'm just trying to see how you rate Grundy vs this years draft stock at this early stage in the season... Take it as a sign of my respect in your early knowledge of the kids coming through.

God I hope we win the premiership this year, if not just for its own sake, but because of the headlines it will make with us also having the second highest draft points in the league (assuming carlton finishes bottom 3).

It would be even better if Luke Edwards looks like turning into a top prospect for the following year.

I can see us trading down, almost if for no other reason that to put fear into the other recruiters "o god, Adelaide know of a good pick down the list, someone they think all the rest of us won't pick but will turn out to be a gun, they always get them right, which one is it, I better not miss if I have a pick before them"

My concern with having a top 5 pick spent on an elite vic mid is only gonna bite us in the ass eventually.
How long until Stkilda, North, Hawthorn and Carlton come calling after his 3rd year with a big cash offer?

We draft a Vic Country lad like usual.

Flanders has to be an option; Vic Metro lad and has the Simpson’s name already.

Who trades out pick one? In the history of the draft?

Fremantle. And.....

No one.

If we get pick one or two it would be ridiculous to trade it out.

Gun players change clubs pretty regularly nowadays and the deals get done. Without trading pick one.

Well the top 2-3 did pretty well last year going up against last years gun draft crop. There’s a long way to go yet but there’s a couple of absolute beauties. You’d expect Rowell would have gone pretty early if he was available in the 2018 draft. It’s hard to see him slipping out of the first few selections based on last year’s form.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back