Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
If its pick 3 im also on the Kemp train,

Our 2 seconds could be really handy, even port might be interested in them for their 1st, if Mead tracks well. GWS definitely would be interested.

Depends I can only see us keeping them both if we do that mega trade with Gold coast for both Luko and Rankine

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
In theory yes I agree.
But look at Gallucci v English.

H rated English higher, but was convinced by pyke it wasn't a need.
Don't think either have exactly set the world on fire as yet, and it must be remembered Tim English was an over ager/19 year old in his draft year.

It would seem since Pyke's been at the Crows he places quite a bit of emphasis on speed, athleticism, endurance and skills above most other traits, at least that's what it looks like on paper. Fogarty the only real outlier with our early/mid draft picks. Don't know if it's all down to Pyke but that seems to be the theme. Going to be very interesting what path we take this draft with some relatively early picks.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Don't think either have exactly set the world on fire as yet, and it must be remembered Tim English was an over ager/19 year old in his draft year.

It would seem since Pyke's been at the Crows he places quite a bit of emphasis on speed, athleticism, endurance and skills above most other traits, at least that's what it looks like on paper. Fogarty the only real outlier with our early/mid draft picks. Don't know if it's all down to Pyke but that seems to be theme. Going to be very interesting what path we take this draft with some relatively early picks.
Interesting Pyke was quoted the other day saying Fogarty didn't have the best preseason as well. Came to the club well under done and still a way to go. Fogarty will be fine, a little patience needed

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United

It would seem since Pyke's been at the Crows he places quite a bit of emphasis on speed, athleticism, endurance and skills above most other traits, at least that's what it looks like on paper. Fogarty the only real outlier with our early/mid draft picks. Don't know if it's all down to Pyke but that seems to be theme. Going to be very interesting what path we take this draft with some relatively early picks.

Mike Sheehan today said English will be better than Grundy, and the player of the next decade.

Anyhow the point is H has picked for needs over best available.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Mike Sheehan today said English will be better than Grundy, and the player of the next decade.

Anyhow the point is H has picked for needs over best available.
Mike Sheahan said that? WOW

No doubt English is athletic and has impeccable foot skills for a tall but he's already almost 22 and still very light, will need to bulk up big time to even rival Grundy let alone be better because at present he's getting pushed around too easily by oppo rucks.

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United

No doubt English is athletic and has impeccable foot skills for a tall but he's already almost 22 and still very light, will need to bulk up big time to even rival Grundy let alone be better because at present he's getting pushed around too easily by oppo rucks.

Mike said Selwood has been the player of the past decade just ahead of penddles, even though he thinks Franklin is the GOAT.

Then asked him who he thinks will dominate the next decade, he said English, the other guy said Hipwood.

Sep 8, 2008
argentina
AFL Club
Adelaide
If its pick 3 im also on the Kemp train,

Our 2 seconds could be really handy, even port might be interested in them for their 1st, if Mead tracks well. GWS definitely would be interested.

Depends I can only see us keeping them both if we do that mega trade with Gold coast for both Luko and Rankine
If it’s pick 3 I’m on the Rankine train

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Must have been Tony Sheahan

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Rankine hasn't played all year and basically been injured all year if we can convert our 2 seconds in to a 10-13 pick it'd probably be enough. Especially if he's home sick and gonna leave next year any way
GCS's would be crazy to even contemplate a deal like that, nowhere have there been any rumblings of the sort you describe at this point in time other than on big footy.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
I dont think a 180cm midfielder/forward is picked (by us ) at 3

I could be so wrong but I dont think I am.

For need? Big bodied midfielder ( i think they are only going to get bigger) Noah Anderson fits that criteria plus talent

I think with Mackay and Douglas getting on or out of the game in 2 years a player like Stephens is critical imo.

I like Taheny and hope we can get him. Could be Lynch like?

I dont mind Gould and think we can find a spot in 2 years for him but he will be gone

I do think the draft talent trade for need might be on Lukosius and Rankine. I would put Rankine as a higher need , burst midfielder/forward and game changer.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I dont think a 180cm midfielder/forward is picked (by us ) at 3

I would put Rankine as a higher need , burst midfielder/forward and game changer.
??

Please explain, not being a nit picker but the 2nd bit seems at odds with first bit of that post?

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
??

Please explain, not being a nit picker but the 2nd bit seems at odds with first bit of that post?
Yeah doesnt read that well :D

I wouldnt use a draft pick that high on Serong at his stated height of 180cm knowing what Rankine brings. I think Rankine on his 18s form is much better option than Serong

I would trade in a Rankine. If that is to cost us pick 3 then I would have concerns.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Yeah doesnt read that well :D

I wouldnt use a draft pick that high on Serong at his stated height of 180cm knowing what Rankine brings. I think Rankine on his 18s form is much better option than Serong

I would trade in a Rankine. If that is to cost us pick 3 then I would have concerns.
IMO Sam Flanders>>>Caleb Serong if we wanted a mid/forward type but you'd take the bigger mid/forward Noah Anderson if still there before both and probably the bigger mid/utility Brodie Kemp as well. Lachlan Ash though pegged more as a running back I can see transitioning into a midfielder quite easily if the club chose that path, good size, good speed, agility, composure and plenty of dare to take the game on.....a genuine metres gained footballer. Even with pick 3 in this draft there is going to be a wealth of talent available to us, Hamish and his crew will have quite a dilemma methinks when it's time to set their final draft board order.

Last edited:

Squiba

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I kinda hope Gould falls to our 2nd pick. Would be nice to have a Fogarty at either end. :cool:
Gould at our second pick would be great imo. Doedee/Gould/McPherson is a very classy group of medium defenders, with plenty of others like Butts/Hamill/Scholl showing plenty at this stage.

Absolute best case for our second would be a Gould/Taheny/Stephens type. All SA lads I rate quite highly. Stephens will take time but he is class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back