Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Planned to have high draft picks this year because of retirements - BUT - says these may be managed over a 2 year period :(

At 15.10 Hamish also said ''Justin is out talking to clubs about everything'' in regards to using the pick for a traded player

Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hamish Ogilvie on the latest Road to the Draft podcast

Hamish Ogilvie on Adelaide's early pick, the Carlton trade + Fogarty's future

Great Hamish interview - some interesting points:

[] When we make academy/FS bids, we have every intention of wanting to take the player bid on

[] We had Will Hamill in our top 20 rankings last year, made several attempts to trade up to get him but got him anyway

[] The way the bLoos pick swap looks like turning out is about how they though it would turn out

[] Luke Edwards is tracking really well but sounded to me to be a bit cagy about talking about him - maybe gels with the not everything is quite right with the Edwards situation?

[] He thinks the 2020 draft is looking promising

Also it sounds like he's definitely living and working out of Melbourne, which I think is good for us in that there's no leaving us to move back to Melb as he's already there, only a matter of keeping things sweet for him to stay with us. But I have to wonder if it means he doesn't get as good a read of SA draft hopefuls as he does the Vic kids?

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Great Hamish interview - some interesting points:

[] When we make academy/FS bids, we have every intention of wanting to take the player bid on

[] We had Will Hamill in our top 20 rankings last year, made several attempts to trade up to get him but got him anyway

[] The way the bLoos pick swap looks like turning out is about how they though it would turn out

[] Luke Edwards is tracking really well but sounded to me to be a bit cagy about talking about him - maybe gels with the not everything is quite right with the Edwards situation?

[] He thinks the 2020 draft is looking promising

Also it sounds like he's definitely living and working out of Melbourne, which I think is good for us in that there's no leaving us to move back to Melb as he's already there, only a matter of keeping things sweet for him to stay with us. But I have to wonder if it means he doesn't get as good a read of SA draft hopefuls as he does the Vic kids?
Hes quite often over here watching SANFL.

Wouldn't read too much into the Edwards thing, we've been pretty cagey with our f/s picks.

Always good to hear from Hamish

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Great interview from a great football mind IMO. I did think Hammer telegraphed his draft crushes a bit this time (which I’m also fine with)

Tall midfielders with explosions and can kick goals. Or outside running kids.

If I were a betting man I would say Anderson, Kemp and Stephens were high on his radar.

Or maybe i’m just hearing what I want

It was interesting hearing Hamish say we've nominated Trent Burgoyne for the state combine. I assume he's eligible for F/S for the tarp crew?

Sounded like he's keen on big bodied mids and mids with speed. Ash is probably my favourite now with his genuine elite pace (not just quickish like Milera) but Kemp could be the best player in the draft if his knee comes good.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Great interview from a great football mind IMO. I did think Hammer telegraphed his draft crushes a bit this time (which I’m also fine with)

If I were a betting man I would say Anderson, Kemp and Stephens were high on his radar.

I'd say you'd be around the mark. I doubt we are in the frame for Anderson now and Kemp is a risk.

Ash and Young too. I think we'll be pretty keen to Grab Anderson if we can find a way to get back pick 2.

Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bicks is that you ??
giphy-com-the-cats-out-of-the-bag-e-gif.724969

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
To be honest if we don't get pick 1 or 2 I would be looking at trading out pick 3 or 4 out for two later firsts.
This is what Haggis suggested too.

I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with pick 5 after a PP and Carlton overtaking Sydney, then we downgrade to the giants 2 firsts

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Planned to have high draft picks this year because of retirements - BUT - says these may be managed over a 2 year period :(

At 15.10 Hamish also said ''Justin is out talking to clubs about everything'' in regards to using the pick for a traded player
Let's be honeat. It's going to take at least 2 years for us to delist/retire/trade Douglas, 400k, Otten and Sauce, so it's not a terrible result if it's only 2 years

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Let's be honeat. It's going to take at least 2 years for us to delist/retire/trade Douglas, 400k, Otten and Sauce, so it's not a terrible result if it's only 2 years
Rip the bandaid off now

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Where would Kysaiah Pickett go in the draft? Remember watching a highlights reel of one of his reserves games early this season and thinking he'll be a player. Has pace, a nous for front and centre and took a massive hanger that day as well.
Port NGA, reckon he goes late 3rd or 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back