Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
But GWS having two firsts and Green as their acadamy will be keen to talk to us.. they swap their 1st and essendon first for our Carlton pick... then they can use the carlton pick and dont have to worry when a bid for green comes about it costing them.

No thanks. Draft picks in the teens are overrated, particularly in this era when academy picks push them down 3-5 places.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Id rather be looking at turning our two second rounder into one first rounder than our carlton pick into two later first rounders like some here are suggesting..

But GWS having two firsts and Green as their acadamy will be keen to talk to us.. they swap their 1st and essendon first for our Carlton pick... then they can use the carlton pick and dont have to worry when a bid for green comes about it costing them.
agree - but if we are looking at taking say picks 11(essendon) & 15(GWS) for the carlton pick, we would need something else - Aiden Bonar?, otherwise we are back where we started although we could have used pick 19 in a stronger draft last year.

But the idea of garnering another couple of 2nd round picks through tradding and then looking to trade up into the 1st round is not a bad idea

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Id rather be looking at turning our two second rounder into one first rounder than our carlton pick into two later first rounders like some here are suggesting..

I just hope we keep our pick 4 (let's say) and bid on Green, then see if they want to swap our 2020/1 and 2x2019/2s for their 2 firsts this year. Then we can do a WC style swap back!

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
It's a weak draft after the top 4-5 (these are still contain the normal top end quality), I would trade pick 19 + 10 for pick 4-5 any day of the week (especially since this year's mid to late 1st rounder will be weak than other year, especially from pick 10 and onward).
No it's not!!! There's plenty of talent in this year's draft.

There will be very good players like Jay Rantall, Cooper Stephens, Riley Baldi, Elijah Taylor, Daniel Mott, Thomas Dow, Josh Worrell,Cody Weightman, Ned Cahill, Karl Finlay etc just to name a few off the top of my head who are unlikely to go in the 1st round or in some cases later in the draft that have every chance to have very good AFL careers.

From around these parts there's a Mortlake youngster Isaac Wareham that has hardly rated a mention in draft discussions but believe me he can really play and similar to Jordan Butts in his draft year with a very late December birthday [Christmas Eve] he's giving away almost 12 months development to a lot of the lads in this draft.....Isaac likely goes late National Draft-rookie draft. Would be an ideal option for us on a wing/outside mid with his height [187cm], speed, vision and good foot skills.

Last edited:

There will be very good players like Jay Rantall, Riley Baldi, Elijah Taylor, Daniel Mott, Thomas Dow, Josh Worrell,Cody Weightman, Ned Cahill, Karl Finlay etc just to name a few off the top of my head who are unlikely to go in the 1st round or in some cases later in the draft that have every chance to have very good AFL careers.

From around these parts there's a Mortlake youngster Isaac Wareham that has hardly rated a mention in draft discussions but believe me he can really play and similar to Jordan Butts in his draft year with a very late December birthday [Christmas Eve] he's giving away almost 12 months development to a lot of the lads in this draft.....Isaac likely goes late National Draft-rookie draft. Would be an ideal option for us on a wing/outside mid with his height [187cm], speed, vision and good foot skills.

It's good to have you back. Enjoy your draft related input.

skittlebrew

Premiership Player
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's good to have you back. Enjoy your draft related input.

Haha exactly what I was thinking

giphy.gif

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

There will be very good players like Jay Rantall, Riley Baldi, Elijah Taylor, Daniel Mott, Thomas Dow, Josh Worrell,Cody Weightman, Ned Cahill, Karl Finlay etc just to name a few off the top of my head who are unlikely to go in the 1st round or in some cases later in the draft that have every chance to have very good AFL careers.

You are correct there will be plenty of good players like the crouch boys seedsman smith laird Sloane and so on

what we want is the Dusty Martin Nat Fyfe Gary Ablet Dngerfield types

Otherwise we will remain competitive

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
do we want Sydney or Melbourne to win?

Melbourne win and there is a chance Carlton drop back to 17th - but on the flip side they could jump the Swans

Swans win and no chance of 17th but pretty much locked in 16th...

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

Melbourne win and there is a chance Carlton drop back to 17th - but on the flip side they could jump the Swans

Swans for me. If i've learned 1 thing in the Deathriding Demons thread last year. Its, NEVER DEPEND ON THE MELBOURNE DEMONS! Picking their results is a clusterf**k at best.

Would prefer we lock away the 3rd pick and start from that point in trade week!

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
You are correct there will be plenty of good players like the crouch boys seedsman smith laird Sloane and so on

what we want is the Dusty Martin Nat Fyfe Gary Ablet Dngerfield types

Otherwise we will remain competitive
Who are the Dustin Martin's, the Nat Fyfe's, the Gary Ablett's and the Patrick Dangerfield's of this draft then??

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt

Yeah a Sydney win for mine, pretty much locks in pick 3 rather than a slight chance of pick 2.

TexForPM

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
Zegema Beach
AFL Club
Adelaide

There will be very good players like Jay Rantall, Cooper Stephens, Riley Baldi, Elijah Taylor, Daniel Mott, Thomas Dow, Josh Worrell,Cody Weightman, Ned Cahill, Karl Finlay etc just to name a few off the top of my head who are unlikely to go in the 1st round or in some cases later in the draft that have every chance to have very good AFL careers.

wb

Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah a Sydney win for mine, pretty much locks in pick 3 rather than a slight chance of pick 2.
There's no chance of pick 2 - would need Dees to win last two games and bLoos to lose both due to the % ... and would need Dees to actually want to get up from 17th (right after we see flying pigs).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back