Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think we are on a position to risk drafting Kemp. We are in a rebuild and can’t afford that. We need the players they can play and have an impact straight away. Not every game but 10 to 15. Ash and Serong sounds good unless we trade down.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You’ve got it backwards, if we’re rebuilding then we can look 3/4/5 years into future, Kemp not playing many games next year is really the worry, it’s more about long term side effects that will see him slide.

May 4, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
In order with our 1st
1. Noah Anderson
2. Lachie Ash
3. Brodie Kemp
4. Matt Rowell
5. Caleb Serong
6. Trent Rivers
7. Will Gould
8. Sam Flanders
9. Hayden Young
10. Dylan Stephens

Didn't consider Tom Green GWS Academy.

With our 2nd and 3rd picks I'm looking at mainly Talls, outside mids and players with big upside.
Didn't consider Liam Henry Fremantle NGA.

1. Fischer McAsey [doubt he's still there but]
2. Will Day
3. Jay Rantall
4. Mitch O'Neill
5. Trent Bianco
6. Josh Worrell
7. Elijah Taylor
8. Charlie Comben
9. Sam De Koning
10. Cooper Stephens
11. Dylan Williams
12. Fraser Phillips
13. Riley Baldi

Some players I really like with late/rookie picks
Brady Rowles, Isaac Wareham, Josh Shute, Malcolm Rosas......

*Flynn Perez [Bendigo Pioneers] is really hard to get a feel for where he goes after doing an ACL prior to the season start but was very good last year, IMO was a 1st round /2nd round prospect coming into the 2019 season and has still got an AFL National Combine invite so clearly he is well and truly on recruiters radars. You would certainly still consider him if our medico's are confident his knee recovery is on track.
How would you rank your 2019 top 10 in comparison to the 2018 top 10 draftees ? Ie rank 1-20!

Trying to get an idea of how they sit with future draft pick trade.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
How would you rank your 2019 top 10 in comparison to the 2018 top 10 draftees ? Ie rank 1-20!

Trying to get an idea of how they sit with future draft pick trade.
Just not the quality talls there, Jack Lukosius, King's x 2 and Nick Blakey, mids strongly represented again.....this draft runs a bit deeper strength wise IMO

Anyone know when we can expect those NAB player highlight packages? Eager to start studying these blokes.

If you download the NAB league app, you can start looking at player highlight packages now (TAC cup players only). Good way to look at highlights of Ash, Kemp etc.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
So what your saying is, we should have traded up last period?
Boy you sure can read a lot into what I posted if that was your take, all I said was IMO there is not the quality of tall timber in this draft to my eye, certainly not as ready development wise anyhow.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bit of info for all those thinking Dylan Stephens is going in the top 5 this year. Cal Twomey who usually has a pretty solid handle on the top 20 picks said on Road to the Draft this week that he still see's him outside the top 10.

Obviously that might change between now and draft night, but by the sounds of that, using pick 3 on him would be a fairly large reach.

I've always thought that 10-12 range would be perfect for him. But also largely depends on who Port are into with their pick 9.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
So in ur opinion, it’s time to get mids and half back/forwards. Is the many players with pace in this draft

There's not a tall you'd use our 1st pick on unless you're classing Brodie Kemp as a tall.

There's several I like that you might consider using possibly our 2nd and certainly our 3rd on.

KPP Josh Worrell 195cm, KPP Sam De Koning and 199cm Ruckman/Forward Charlie Comben are 3 in particular that interest me but all are going to take a bit of time which is not all that unusual for talls.

I reckon Hamish will be all over dynamic SA youngster Will Day with our 2nd pick if he's still on the table.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
There's not a tall you'd use our 1st pick on unless you're classing Brodie Kemp as a tall.

There's several I like that you might consider using possibly our 2nd and certainly our 3rd on.

KPP Josh Worrell 195cm, KPP Sam De Koning and 199cm Ruckman/Forward Charlie Comben are 3 in particular that interest me but all are going to take a bit of time which is not all that unusual for talls.

I reckon Hamish will be all over dynamic SA youngster Will Day with our 2nd pick if he's still on the table.
Luke Jackson? - the West Australian lad seems to be quite highly rated

Edit. If there is a chance to upgrade our pick 21 by combining with a player like keath in trade period to get into the mid 1st round, would Will Gould feature highly for you as one to target after our pick 3

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Luke Jackson? - the West Australian lad seems to be quite highly rated

Edit. If there is a chance to upgrade our pick 21 by combining with a player like keath in trade period to get into the mid 1st round, would Will Gould feature highly for you as one to target after our pick 3
We don't have a pick for Jackson and I'm not quite as enamoured with him as some, I'd sooner go with a developing athletic Ruck/Forward Charlie Comben with a later pick.

I posted this a couple of days ago

In order with our 1st
1. Noah Anderson
2. Lachie Ash
3. Brodie Kemp
4. Matt Rowell
5. Caleb Serong
6. Trent Rivers
7. Will Gould
8. Sam Flanders
9. Hayden Young
10. Dylan Stephens

Didn't consider Tom Green GWS Academy.

With our 2nd and 3rd picks I'm looking at mainly Talls, outside mids and players with big upside.
Didn't consider Liam Henry Fremantle NGA.

1. Fischer McAsey [doubt he's still there but]
2. Will Day
3. Jay Rantall
4. Mitch O'Neill
5. Trent Bianco
6. Josh Worrell
7. Elijah Taylor
8. Charlie Comben
9. Sam De Koning
10. Cooper Stephens
11. Dylan Williams
12. Fraser Phillips
13. Riley Baldi

Some players I really like with late/rookie picks
Brady Rowles, Isaac Wareham, Josh Shute, Malcolm Rosas......

*Flynn Perez [Bendigo Pioneers] is really hard to get a feel for where he goes after doing an ACL prior to the season start but was very good last year, IMO was a 1st round /2nd round prospect coming into the 2019 season and has still got an AFL National Combine invite so clearly he is well and truly on recruiters radars. You would certainly still consider him if our medico's are confident his knee recovery is on track.

jirkago

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

With Rob coming on strong, we can use a rookie pick on ruckman. Douglas and Mackay not being offered a contract. I think we should target midfielders this draft and try to get talls next year through the draft or a trade.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Isn't there a whisper going around that we really like Luke Jackson?

Doctor B

Club Legend
Jan 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Just not the quality talls there, Jack Lukosius, King's x 2 and Nick Blakey, mids strongly represented again.....this draft runs a bit deeper strength wise IMO

Kinnear Beatson said the same. Good draft for mids not talls and he likes drafts like this because he can find gems with later picks.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Oakleigh Chargers blitzed the Sandringham Dragons 17.7 109 to 4.10 34
For the Chargers Matt Rowel,Trent Bianco and Will Phillips [2020] outstanding, Noah Anderson not as prolific but still very good.
For Dragons Ryan Baynes and Darcy Chirgwin their best.

Matt Rowell - 32 disposals - 13 kicks - 19 handballs - 4 marks - 6 tackles - 5 i50's
Trent Bianco - 27 disposals - 19 kicks - 8 handballs - 6 marks - 3 tackles - 5 i50's - 3 r50's
Noah Anderson - 21 disposals - 9 kicks - 12 handballs - 4 marks - 0 tackles - 1 i50 - r50 1 - 3.0

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
In the other game the Eastern Ranges proved too good for Gippy Power in a very combative game. 10.8 68 to 5.8 38.

Players of most interest to us...

Caleb Serong - 21 disposals - 13 kicks - 8 handballs - 4 marks - 4 tackles - 5 i50's - 1 r50 - 2.1
Sam Flanders - 28 disposals - 12 kicks - 16 handballs - 1 mark - 11 tackles - 3 i50's - 2 r50's
Riley Baldi - 24 disposals - 14 kicks - 10 handballs - 6 marks - 6 tackles - 4 i50's - 3 r50's - 0.1

TheVelourFog

All Australian
Dec 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Caleb Serong outstanding 1st quarter and on fire early in the 2nd for Gippy Power. Have to love his hardness at the contest.

Hey mate I don't get around to seeing to much of the under 18s but take a bit of an interest around draft time. Seeing as it is seen to be a consensus top 2 I'm just wondering what makes Rowell so much better than Serong in your opinion? They're both around the same size, Rowell seems to win a bit more of the ball but Serong seems to be more impactful up forward.

From the little I've seen I really rate Serong and hope we pick him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back