Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bid for Henry early would ruin those picks, so maybe a 4 and 23 could do it, but we'd have to threaten to bid otherwise I don't see him going till after their picks.

Geelong seem desperate for Flanders but I dont like the thought of shifting back to 14 and 16 even if they throw another 1st next year in.

Gws only come to us if Melboune falls through, 6 and their 2020 first is probably the most appealing of all deals.

Reckon Port will be on the phone too they liketo sell the farm. 12 18 and their 1st next year could be excellent in the long run.
Assuming that both Fremantle and Geelong are keen (I dont think that Fremantle would be), would you swap 4 and 23 for 7 and 10 and then 7 for 14 and 16? That leaves us with 10, 14 and 16 instead of 4 and 23.

I just don't see why Freo would do this when there are 2 promising WA kids in their 7-10 range. I think it only makes sense for them to trade one of these picks.
Exactly this! Freo have no incentive to go up to 4 in this draft. I would love to jag 7 and 10, but realistically we would be the ones who would have to give up capital to get it done!

And I think we've done enough of that this offseason!

This will probably change by next week, but right now i'm leaning towards holding onto our current hand! The draft is even after the first 2 + Green. So essentially that gives Hamish a free swing at his favourite prospect with no risk of missing out!

Then we get 5 shots at high upside players in the 2nd and 3rd round!

I can live with that!

Exactly this! Freo have no incentive to go up to 4 in this draft. I would love to jag 7 and 10, but realistically we would be the ones who would have to give up capital to get it done!

Like i was saying before, if we can manage to split our Pick 4 for GWS Pick 6 and next years 1st, then we can threaten Freo that we'll bid on their NGA Liam Henry at Pick 6, unless they trade their Pick 7 and their 2nd rounder to us for our Pick 6. We then promise Freo not to nominate Henry with Pick 7. Lets them pick a gun at Pick 6, and at least a bid for Henry doesn't come in until P8/9

Like i was saying before, if we can manage to split our Pick 4 for GWS Pick 6 and next years 1st, then we can threaten Freo that we'll bid on their NGA Liam Henry at Pick 6, unless they trade their Pick 7 and their 2nd rounder to us for our Pick 6. We then promise Freo not to nominate Henry with Pick 7. Lets them pick a gun at Pick 6, and at least a bid for Henry doesn't come in until P8/9
Freo list management aren't coming at that in a fit....they are sitting exactly where they want to be.

They'll get their Academy kid and a very good player just by sitting pat.

I'd rather keep 4 unless we are damn confident the one we want at 4 is there at 6
Who’d be your favourites at 4? Personally I cannot for the life of me split Serong/Young/Kemp/Ash/Flanders, maybe not Kemp with the ACL concerns but we’re gonna have a hard choice on our hands

Who’d be your favourites at 4? Personally I cannot for the life of me split Serong/Young/Kemp/Ash/Flanders, maybe not Kemp with the ACL concerns but we’re gonna have a hard choice on our hands
I love Kemp. Would gladly still take him at 4 even with the ACL. But the other guys you mentioned are all perfectly good candidates as well.

Hell, I think its a reach, but if Dylan Stephan's name got read out I wouldn't be too upset.

Thats the great thing about having pick 4 in this draft. It comes down too recruiters choice!

If as Reid and Hamish keep saying they'll take best available talent over everything else it will be out of Ash and Young IMO, probably the 2 most dominant highly skilled running/intercepting medium defenders to come through in recent years, both absolutely set up plays from the back half with their precise foot skills. Then there's also the fact both are every chance to transition into the midfield down the track. Of the 2 my clear preference is Ash because of his better run and carry along with his ingrained desire to turn defence into attack when the opportunity presents.

Considering all the Top WA talent is later first round and early second, Just throwing this one out there would this work.

We trade pick 4 to Geelong for 14 and 17

We then on trade 14, 17 and 23 to Fremantle for 7 & 10

This would give us 7,10,28 and Fremantle 14,17,22,23

Considering all the Top WA talent is later first round and early second, Just throwing this one out there would this work.

We trade pick 4 to Geelong for 14 and 17

We then on trade 14, 17 and 23 to Fremantle for 7 & 10

This would give us 7,10,28 and Fremantle 14,17,22,23
Simplified:

4, 23, 49 to Freo for 7, 10 and 58

Leaves us with 7, 10, 28, 37, 45 and 58
Leaves them with 4, 22, 23, 49 and 69

On HTC 2PS6200 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swaps to Freo
Adel give 4,,23,,28,,
Freo give 7,, 10,,22
So that gives Freo Pick Numbers 4,,13,,23,,28,,58,,69,,79,,83
Adel picks are 7,,10,,22,,37,,45,,49
With my way of thinking with pick 7 would get players around Ash..Kemp..Serong..Stephens..
Pick 10 Gould..McAsey..Jackson
If Brand was around in late picks 49 back up KPD
I believe our Key Position Players in Defence are only Average with pace (Hartigan,Talia,)
McAsey.Brand,Hamill are the future KPD

I think Partington, would be in the mix
Rookies..Hutcheson..Magor

My thoughts only

Swaps to Freo
Adel give 4,,23,,28,,
Freo give 7,, 10,,22
So that gives Freo Pick Numbers 4,,13,,23,,28,,58,,69,,79,,83
Adel picks are 7,,10,,22,,37,,45,,49
With my way of thinking with pick 7 would get players around Ash..Kemp..Serong..Stephens..
Pick 10 Gould..McAsey..Jackson
If Brand was around in late picks 49 back up KPD
I believe our Key Position Players in Defence are only Average with pace (Hartigan,Talia,)
McAsey.Brand,Hamill are the future KPD

I think Partington, would be in the mix
Rookies..Hutcheson..Magor

My thoughts only

Pick 13 is at the Western Bulldogs.

If as Reid and Hamish keep saying they'll take best available talent over everything else it will be out of Ash and Young IMO, probably the 2 most dominant highly skilled running/intercepting medium defenders to come through in recent years, both absolutely set up plays from the back half with their precise foot skills. Then there's also the fact both are every chance to transition into the midfield down the track. Of the 2 my clear preference is Ash because of his better run and carry along with his ingrained desire to turn defence into attack when the opportunity presents.
Yeah my hope is that Ash and Young can eventually develop into bonafide midfielders. Skills just as great as each other, with Ash having more jaw dropping athletic ability at this point and Young having more ability to win the contested ball. Being able to win contested ball at junior level is something I always put great stock into (as you might know from the past), so that might bode better for Young’s transition into the midfield, but I really can’t get past Ash’s line breaking style of play

Mind you, Flanders and Serong highly tempt me too, two mid/forwards who play with aggression and great athleticism. Both are guys who will be able to win games off their own boot at their peak, IMO

Yeah my hope is that Ash and Young can eventually develop into bonafide midfielders. Skills just as great as each other, with Ash having more jaw dropping athletic ability at this point and Young having more ability to win the contested ball. Being able to win contested ball at junior level is something I always put great stock into (as you might know from the past), so that might bode better for Young’s transition into the midfield, but I really can’t get past Ash’s line breaking style of play

Mind you, Flanders and Serong highly tempt me too, two mid/forwards who play with aggression and great athleticism. Both are guys who will be able to win games off their own boot at their peak, IMO

Think that’s what we need none of our midfield are real match winners we need a guy who can turn a game in 10 minutes and drag his team over the line.

I'm not saying we would be able to get 7 and 10 out of Freo, they'll never do that.

4 for 10 and 22.

They'd have 4 & 7 and we could offer some late picks back to pay for Henry. Also the assurance we wouldn't pick him.

We'd have 10, 22, 23, 28, 35..

I'm not saying we would be able to get 7 and 10 out of Freo, they'll never do that.

4 for 10 and 22.

They'd have 4 & 7 and we could offer some late picks back to pay for Henry. Also the assurance we wouldn't pick him.

We gave up 9 and 19 for 4. Why would we do such a downgrade?

So this resource thread is now the play station thread :(
Unfortunately it's looking that way, I'd much prefer it revolved around the actual players in this year's draft and to a lesser extent next year's draft because it will be pure conjecture right up to the draft now where our picks will sit. It will all hinge on GWS and the Dees and pick 3 I think in regards to us. IMO GWS are angling at either Ash or Young as their Heath Shaw replacement as their reason to get up the draft order.

I'm not sure but I don't think there can be anymore swapping of picks until draft night though no doubt agreements can be nutted out between clubs in the meantime?

4 for 10 and 22.

Not having a crack at you but did you read back what you'd written before you hit the 'reply' button?

That would be plain madness.

Unfortunately it's looking that way, I'd much prefer it revolved around the actual players in this year's draft and to a lesser extent next year's draft because it will be pure conjecture right up to the draft now where our picks will sit. It will all hinge on GWS and the Dees and pick 3 I think in regards to us. IMO GWS are angling at either Ash or Young as their Heath Shaw replacement as their reason to get up the draft order.

I'm not sure but I don't think there can be anymore swapping of picks until draft night though no doubt agreements can be nutted out between clubs in the meantime?

Trading picks is open until the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back