Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardest thing with Hamish is you think you have him sorted out then throws a curve ball and you go where did that come from.

Hardest thing with Hamish is you think you have him sorted out then throws a curve ball and you go where did that come from.
Thing is the recruiters project where a player might be in 3 or 4 years development wise not just in the here and now like a lot of us. i.e Tom Doedee and Will Hamill.

Hi guys, I come in peace.

I’m curious who you guys might be looking at with picks 23 and 28?

I have a potential trade proposal and would like to see if you believe it’s equitable.

Brisbane trade picks 16, 48 & 52 for picks 23 and 28 from Adelaide.

And if you want to go hard at this draft, I’d add in pick 34 for your future 2020 second round pick.

A seven pick upgrade but we lose pick 28? Not sure I like it, but you're talking to someone who doesn't rate later picks.
I guess 16 puts us into the quality whereas 23 might be just out? 28 is a high price to pay though.
We already have enough late picks not sure if we would value more not to mention you can't blood 10 players at once.

I prefer 4, 45 and 49 for 7 and 22.

Freo gets points advantage and higher pick, we get a very early second for another player.

7, 22, 23, 28, 35. That's five strong picks.

I'd prefer 37, 45 and 49 for pick 22 and a later selection (69). We keep 4.

And looking at our list probably the player we need the most of the SA boys is Dyson Hilder or the slightly shorter Karl Finlay.....Our KPD situation needs addressing pronto with Keath's loss.
Would not be surprised one bit if we take Hilder with one of our last three top 50 picks. Might not develop into the best player, but some backup in that department is absolutely needed. Will be interesting to see if we take a De Koning-type in the 20's instead though, rather than someone a bit later

Still think moving Himmelberg down back again is a must for this coming season

I'm pretty sure Hamish said during the year WA was one area we needed to devote more time to
Going on this year's crop I'd agree...

Pretty impressive crop...

In last year’s draft so far I think he has done well
Kieran Strachan is developing well for example and on a good trajectory
I guess Mutineer would have known about him.

Except David Walls and Peter Bell will work it out in a split second and would see that for what it is at pick 6....an empty threat.....they didn't come down in the last shower.

Altogether different scenario with Tom Green, it's a very strong and very real threat hence why I think the Dees will end up with 6 and GWS's 1st next year if they want it.....the fact is all of the Dees, Crows and the Swans most likely genuinely want Tom Green now Rowell/Anderson are 99.99% off the table.
Settle down.

7 and 10 become 8 and 11 once GWS move up to get someone, and then get Green with later points.

A bid by Melbourne or Carlton for Henry at 9 or 10 is quite realistic.

Without moving, there's a big chance Freo get someone and Henry with their two picks.

If they can move 10 up, they guarantee two players plus Henry.

Also - will GWS have something that makes sense for Melbourne to trade? Pick 20 next year, but potentially missing out on the player you want is a difficult choice. I suppose GWS could give them a guarantee? But the other clubs at 4 and 5 wouldn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's my thoughts on our draft hand.
I really dont think(hope) that Melbourne are keen on trading their pick 3 for gws's 6 and 1st next year( which could quite possibly be around early 2nd territory after nga and academy bidding next year.
If they did, they may lose their preferred target to either gws, us or Sydney. So I think they will use their pick.

So let them take their pick on draft night.

Once they have selected we should be going straight to gws and letting them know we will be bidding on green at 4 (fingers crossed they dont match, Green is absolutely what we need) ultimatum is unless they would like to trade their pick 6 to us for picks to get enough points for when Sydney make a bid on Green.
I would trade -but try to leave out our 23 and offer 28, 37, 45 & 49. Should go close in points but may have to use 23 instead and hold a couple of later picks.
So basically we could end up with 4, 6 & 23. Or maybe some later picks instead of 23.

We could also trade in any extra late picks we need to fill our list spots. But we agree not to bid on green because a bid at Sydney's pick will be easier to match for them then ours and will likely have some of our later picks to use or shuffle around as they see fit.

This will only work if we leave all our trading to draft night and see if Melbourne take their 3rd pick, if they do Gws will have little choice to grab 2 x elite talents and will have to deal with us directly
We can possibly walk away with 2 young guns such as- young, Serong, Ash, Flanders, Kemp etc. Nice.

Most seem to think that we have to trade our 4 for their 6 but we really hold the upper hand if Melbourne use their pick. Pick 6 here we come.
Thoughts?

On SM-N976B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would love Tom Green and we probably bid on him but that's where it will stop. A pure contested animal, big long arms for ultimate hardball extraction, gets his arms up quick with big shoulders to dish out quick hands time and time again. And spreads like a demon.

Pick 4 for mine is a tricky one, best available at that level is where we should go....Rowell goes 1 Anderson goes 2...unsure what Melbourne would do with 3 knowing their record but at 4 would be very pleased with Ash or Young...elite ball users.
Flanders would really add to our scoring power which we need and he’s tough

Serong is a jet despite the size

I want either Serong or Flanders at 4.

Both seem like can't miss impact mids who can go forward.

Young and Ash are maybes, though I'm less interested in potential mids that push back.

If we walked out with picks 4 and 6 we would be laughing all the way to the bank
That's a Flanders/Ash combo, mouth watering.

Wonder who Sydney are interested in at 5...

Mutineer, approx where (pick number) do you think Gould will sit. Out of the highlight reels you posted a while back, I liked his the best. Seemed to play a L.Hodge mop up/clean up style. No nonsense innate/natural footballer.
Coming close to last in all physical testing is worrying.

Would not be surprised one bit if we take Hilder with one of our last three top 50 picks. Might not develop into the best player, but some backup in that department is absolutely needed. Will be interesting to see if we take a De Koning-type in the 20's instead though, rather than someone a bit later

Still think moving Himmelberg down back again is a must for this coming season
A truck Rutten type bargain in 40s +

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back