Prediction 2019 Draft - Who do you want with our first pick?

Who do you want with our first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So who’s likely ‘off the board’ ?

1 Suns Rowell
2 Suns Anderson
3 Dem Jackson
4 GWS Ash
5 GWS Green (match Sydney)
6 Syd Flanders
7 Ade McAsey
8 Freo Robertson
9 Freo Young / D Stephens
10 Freo Henry (match us)
11 Us. D Stephens / Young or Kemp
Seems that way.

Kemp seems to be the type of player SOS and the gang love. Elite talent but coming back from a long term, non-career threatening injury. He’s big bodied, versatile and by all accounts a good character. I’d like to seem him groomed for a midfield role. Would have serious damage factor.

Re Serong... Personally I believe small forwards without either elite speed or unbelievable game smarts are too easily shut down. He’s also a marking small forward I believe and we probably need more of a crumbing small forward.

Young is that devastating user off half back that we probably lack, but we still need to find spots for Williamson, Docherty, Marchbank, SPS, Macreadie, Newman, Plowman. Hopefully he’s taken before our pick so we don’t have to pick him as the best available.

Dylan Stephens will end up at Adelaide I reckon, otherwise I’d be happy to have his ball getting ability, run and disposal by foot.

Cooper Stephens is another SOS special that has elite talent but limited exposure this year due to injury. I can see SOS pulling a ‘Stocker’ esque pick swap to get him, should he slide. Otherwise, a small goal kicking crumbing forward would be nice for a pick swap.

I don’t think we need ready made players this draft because we have so many talented youngsters lining up for game time. If we can get a couple of slow burners with massive ceilings at a discounted picks then that would be perfect for this year.

Young ahead of Kemp for mine,
Great leader, good contested game, exceptional user of the ball and great mark & read of play.
I can't see him being available at our pick but if he were I'd have a hard time overlooking him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two parts to this:

1. The poll is: Who do you want with our first pick of the 2019 draft be it a #9 or #10.
2. The second question is: Who do you think we'll get?

The poll may ultimately be meaningless given live trading, but just for the exercise.
1) Caleb Serong
2) Brodie Kemp or via live trading we split our pick into 2 picks a little later with one of them becoming Codey Weightman

I'll be happy if any of those things happen.

Want: Caleb Serong or trading down and Weightman still being available.
Think we will get: Cody Weightman

I just see Teague's high defensive press as desperately needing a pressure forward to work effectively, and as such we will draft for need on this occasion. It helps that there are small forwards touted around our pick.

I would also be open to trading down for two of Bergman/Dylan Williams/Elijah Taylor/Cooper Stephens. Taylor looked great in the WA vs Vic C game in the U18 championships.

Hoping for Kemp but would be happy with Ash or Stephens.

All the jungle drums seem to be pointing towards Kemp, so I think it will be him. Stephens however just feels like a "SOS" selection.
I Agree with you, anyone of Ash, Kemp or Stephens would be a terrific outcome for CFC.
In addition to Liam Stocker our pick 4 return is considerable and a good maneuver by Stephen Silvagni.

Kemp seems to be the type of player SOS and the gang love. Elite talent but coming back from a long term, non-career threatening injury. He’s big bodied, versatile and by all accounts a good character. I’d like to seem him groomed for a midfield role. Would have serious damage factor.

Re Serong... Personally I believe small forwards without either elite speed or unbelievable game smarts are too easily shut down. He’s also a marking small forward I believe and we probably need more of a crumbing small forward.

Young is that devastating user off half back that we probably lack, but we still need to find spots for Williamson, Docherty, Marchbank, SPS, Macreadie, Newman, Plowman. Hopefully he’s taken before our pick so we don’t have to pick him as the best available.

Dylan Stephens will end up at Adelaide I reckon, otherwise I’d be happy to have his ball getting ability, run and disposal by foot.

Cooper Stephens is another SOS special that has elite talent but limited exposure this year due to injury. I can see SOS pulling a ‘Stocker’ esque pick swap to get him, should he slide. Otherwise, a small goal kicking crumbing forward would be nice for a pick swap.

I don’t think we need ready made players this draft because we have so many talented youngsters lining up for game time. If we can get a couple of slow burners with massive ceilings at a discounted picks then that would be perfect for this year.

We could get Stephens and Stephens...

And start a law firm.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We could get Stephens and Stephens...

And start a law firm.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree Kemp has the skill set , solid physique at 193cm tall very versatile could be our next monster at the cntr stoppages.
We can afford to risk and give Brodie time to heal and develop nicely under Russell’s care.
It’s a great delima to have but at pick 10 Kemp is very tempting.

Swap 9 for14-17 ideal
For 16-18 good
14-24 ok
If we want cooper Stephens we need to pick him before richmond apparently

Perfect would be a swap of 9 for 14 and Geelong 1st next year
Gives 2 1st round next year
Help with Papley and Wines

Back