2019 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

3 mids why
I'm with you on that. Given talls take longer to develop I feel we should be targeting a couple of KPP types, while we still have 2-3 years of Rance Astbury Riewoldt to allow us to develop them properly. Don't want to get into a situation like Hawthorn did when Buddy up and left and Roughy was struck down with cancer and missed a long period of time leaving them with inexperience/underdeveloped kids to turn to.

I'd love for us to somehow trade up into the 20s and end up with a haul of Cooper Stephens, De Koning and Pickett.

Think our biggest need is another young developing key defender, but there's not really much in the way of talls in this draft. It's very much a mids draft.
That would be a perfect result imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lachlan Potter for late pick.The premier line breaker in junior ranks, Potter can often be found running the ball 20-40m at a time with ball in hand. He is the fastest and most daring runner, backing himself to get around opponents and is impossible to catch from the rear.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWSJtc9c7lw

Lachlan Potter for late pick.The premier line breaker in junior ranks, Potter can often be found running the ball 20-40m at a time with ball in hand. He is the fastest and most daring runner, backing himself to get around opponents and is impossible to catch from the rear.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWSJtc9c7lw
Hi Lachie
tenor.gif

Seems McAsey is the best rated KPD, probably go top 15 at least and out of our reach.
Is De Koening or Worrel the next best? Hard to gauge where either will go.

there is live trading now

if you want the guy at 15 badly enough and you have 19, you can probable land him

#19 + future first rounder for #15, for example

#LiamStocker

Seems McAsey is the best rated KPD, probably go top 15 at least and out of our reach.
Is De Koening or Worrel the next best? Hard to gauge where either will go.
Personally i think De Koning is looking like going anywhere between 20-30 and we might get a look at him at #20 but not at our later selections
Would be great if we could upgrade 1 of our picks into the mid 20's

The AFL have really screwed us with the Ellis Compo

Personally i think De Koning is looking like going anywhere between 20-30 and we might get a look at him at #20 but not at our later selections
Would be great if we could upgrade 1 of our picks into the mid 20's

i hope we dont get DK cause itll indicate CCJ is going perhaps

The AFL have really screwed us with the Ellis Compo

lol dont worry about it man

G’day all. Draft n00b here. Quick question, would it be wise trading our first out of next year’s compromised draft to get into the top ten of this year’s draft?

From what I’ve read (not much), there are two standout players, then a drop off and the next eight or nine players are of similar quality, then there’s another drop off after that and then it’s relatively even all the way through to the 40s, so our first pick lies within no man’s land.

If our first pick next season is likely going to be pushed back a fair bit due to FS/NGA selections, should we package that with our first this year to see if we can get into the top ten?

G’day all. Draft n00b here. Quick question, would it be wise trading our first out of next year’s compromised draft to get into the top ten of this year’s draft?

From what I’ve read (not much), there are two standout players, then a drop off and the next eight or nine players are of similar quality, then there’s another drop off after that and then it’s relatively even all the way through to the 40s, so our first pick lies within no man’s land.

If our first pick next season is likely going to be pushed back a fair bit due to FS/NGA selections, should we package that with our first this year to see if we can get into the top ten?

it sounds like many players from 3-20 are much the same as each other

then again, i know very little about the draft too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back