2019 Draft

Marcel Proust

Premiership Player
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
We have spot, but looks like we are not using it. Going to be very difficult to free up spots at the end next season which could be reason for keeping a vacant spot.
If we have a list spot open, why would we not use it?

I assume Richmond will target someone in the mid season draft or 'supplementary' period.

the reserve team looks very young with yet another 5 kids coming in to replace the middling types who are gone. Another player might prove handy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marcel Proust

Premiership Player
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
DES is Cat A as we didn't have a rookie draft pick allocated to us, which we would have had if he was, which we could have then passed on to allow us to bring in a potential SSP player.

The only spots we have available are 3 Cat B rookie spots, which allows us to add a kid from our NGA directly to the list if we wanted, but we have none worthy of a spot. It also applies to international players, NSW scholarship program, international scholarship program or players who haven't been registered with an Australian rules football club in the last 3 years.
you are probable correct but what is the source?

DES is allowed to be cat b one more season, i think. most resources seem to be sayin he is currently still cat b

however someone is saying that means hes not allowed to play senior football (?) unless an injury comes up (?)

GoTigers2015

πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Mitchelton-Scott
DES is Cat A as we didn't have a rookie draft pick allocated to us, which we would have had if he was, which we could have then passed on to allow us to bring in a potential SSP player.

The only spots we have available are 3 Cat B rookie spots, which allows us to add a kid from our NGA directly to the list if we wanted, but we have none worthy of a spot. It also applies to international players, NSW scholarship program, international scholarship program or players who haven't been registered with an Australian rules football club in the last 3 years.
Source?

lumpinee

Senior List
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
those concerned with the lack of KPF'S being drafted last few years i think when jack hangs em up, most likely end of 2021, we'll probably bring in an
established key & put em on decent coin.... steal one from a club with an over supply and use the over supply of mids we currently seem to posses to trade

tigerisland

Senior List
Jun 1, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
The more I watch modern footy, the more I realise how the draft is just a media content filler. Occasionally there are rare talents like Dusty but really it is about club culture and buy in. All the kids in the draft can play.
I truly believe if RFC had instead recruited all the players on the Melbourne list and Melbourne had recruited all the players on the RFC list, that RFC would have still won two flags and MFC would still be 17th. Dusty would of been lost to the game by now if he had started his career with Mark Neeld as his coach.
I just love the fact there is no pressure on any of our new recruits. They can take there time and have to fight so hard to earn a spot in the senior team

Lacustrus

Club Legend
May 24, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Like the fact we are picking a lot of younger blokes who are bottom ages

first we picked shaI, than Turner last year both who have really rewarded us in having a crack and just taking a chance on that raw talent despite being smaller and needing a little bit more time to develop

looks like we have continued This with a few of our picks this year

it’s the benefit of having such a well rounded list as it stands the club can recruit for the future and find these super talented kids that have slipped through because other clubs are focusing on guys that will play round 1
definite strategy. J Ross is younger too, so is Dow

JAKLAUGHING

Nov 20, 2008
Tokyo
AFL Club
Richmond
The more I watch modern footy, the more I realise how the draft is just a media content filler. Occasionally there are rare talents like Dusty but really it is about club culture and buy in. All the kids in the draft can play.
I truly believe if RFC had instead recruited all the players on the Melbourne list and Melbourne had recruited all the players on the RFC list, that RFC would have still won two flags and MFC would still be 17th. Dusty would of been lost to the game by now if he had started his career with Mark Neeld as his coach.
I just love the fact there is no pressure on any of our new recruits. They can take there time and have to fight so hard to earn a spot in the senior team
Totally agree...it takes us back to the good old days when we had Ressies, Under 18's et al when clubs could hide young emerging stars away from the physical hurly burly of the first's and avoid being smashed whilst honing their skills...and start playing them when they had a few years and games getting stronger and smarter before introducing themselves on the big stage of AFL...

_RT_

πŸ†20πŸ†21πŸ†32πŸ†34πŸ†43πŸ†67πŸ†69πŸ†73πŸ†74πŸ†80πŸ†17πŸ†19
Sep 17, 2006
Southern Stand Punt Road End
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Furies Premiers 2010

NZ_Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2011
kensington
AFL Club
Richmond

Jordan Gallucci was his pick at #29
I don’t think Galluci makes it. He’s a David Mackay clone, and the original is a god awful player to begin with. IMO the worst 200 gamer in the sports history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NZ_Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2011
kensington
AFL Club
Richmond
those concerned with the lack of KPF'S being drafted last few years i think when jack hangs em up, most likely end of 2021, we'll probably bring in an
established key & put em on decent coin.... steal one from a club with an over supply and use the over supply of mids we currently seem to posses to trade
We have Caddy and Dusty who will be moving out of the midfield around that time frame.

Chol gave us more as a forward than Elton and Griffiths did. CCJ can apparently play up there as well. Some options to play second fiddle to Lynch.

Plus another 3 years worth of drafts picks and 3 free agency and trade periods.

I think there is time to try a few things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiger_Of_Old

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
His reasoning was quite funny, Pies got an A because a couple of kids he rated highly slid to their picks, while Richmond got a C because we reached for players he didn't rate highly, and he effectively rubbished all 3 of Cumberland Martyn & Ralphsmith. Credit to him though, he has got ESPN bosses fooled and they are paying him to produce content
It's all black n White to him.

richoatthedisco

PREMIERS, BIATCH!
Jun 18, 2007
FLAGSVILLE
AFL Club
Richmond
Dusty would of been lost to the game by now if he had started his career with Mark Neeld as his coach.
You are severely underestimating Dusty's drive and determination. He wouldn't have been lost to the game, he would have been lost to Melbourne. Would have taken the Giants cash.

Tiger_Of_Old

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
And I would bet that Clarkson had the final say on who to pick too... πŸ‘;)πŸ‘
Funny you should say that
Workmates son works in the footy industry at tac junior level.
Hawks told Cyril in his draft year as he wanted to go to the Hawks was just to tell clubs.
"I luv too play football but hate training"
How many clubs we're put off by that who knows.

Mr Magic

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Everything i have read or heard about CCJ is that he loves it at Richmond and in melbourne and apart from coming from SA there is no reason why he would be looking to go back , There is a reason why GC are looking to add more South australian boys and thats because most dont want to head back.

Would love to know where you get this info from

CCJ will not be competing with Biggy in the ruck, they play totally differently and if anything will complement each other.

We will have to look at developing Biggy in the Buddy Franklin, Richo role on half forward flank and wing and there is no way CCJ can do that and probably not Chol either!!

Top Bottom