2019 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

do we rename "Biggers"

to one phone or baby Chol
with Carracella , Lade , Grigg and Townsend out at other clubs do we have to redefine our game plain again ?

and hence change the game at the same time … again

first we should find out how many phones he has

Spoke to a mate who is a full time recruiter for another AFL team and got his opinion. He said he's 'not too big' on Dow and Martyn. Didn't mind both Cumberland and RalphSmith who are good athletes and pretty exciting types. Liked the Biggy pick late and was surprised Saints didn't match.

Hardly inspiring feedback but I guess it's a subjective industry.
Ask your Mate why did he pinch Stocker & Philip?

Spoke to a mate who is a full time recruiter for another AFL team and got his opinion. He said he's 'not too big' on Dow and Martyn. Didn't mind both Cumberland and RalphSmith who are good athletes and pretty exciting types. Liked the Biggy pick late and was surprised Saints didn't match.

Hardly inspiring feedback but I guess it's a subjective industry.
Nearly every opposition side is still trying to work out our game plan, so not sure they are going to do much better trying to work out our recruiting strategy

Nearly every opposition side is still trying to work out our game plan, so not sure they are going to do much better trying to work out our recruiting strategy
That's it. Fair to say our teams have very different game styles too. Still, interesting to hear an expert outside opinion...

Reckon we have a different strategy, especially now. We are picking for top end in 3-5 years. Not best next year. Much harder, but also possibly much more lucrative.

I like KM and the other draft watchers, but they do tend to highly value immediate impact. Very few kids make a good immediate impact. In 5 years you know. I reckon we've really taken that longer term view in our drafting this year. I guess we know that they aren't playing AFL in 2020 almost for certain. So pick for top end talent, but not ready yet.

Hopefully we'll end with a team in 2024 that's got depth class and youth.

Interestingly it seems Cal Twomey has changed his tune about Carlton pinching Philp from us. It was actually Port that initiated the swap, not the messiah SOS. Never change, Carlton fans.

Carlton was kept busy, moving up the board from pick No.22 to 20 after Port Adelaide initiated a pick swap to gather more draft points for father-son prospect Jackson Mead. The Blues used it on midfielder Sam Philp, who Sydney and North had interest in in the 20s.
Thomson Dow was next, as Richmond grabbed the speedy midfielder at No.21 to close out the first round. The Tigers liked his pace and his quick hands reminded them of dual premiership star Shane Edwards, who spent draft night in the Richmond recruiting box after working with their scouting team at different stages during the year.

The Tigers got excited as Kemp started to drift down the order, but Carlton extinguished that hope.

Interestingly it seems Cal Twomey has changed his tune about Carlton pinching Philp from us. It was actually Port that initiated the swap, not the messiah SOS. Never change, Carlton fans.

Carlton was kept busy, moving up the board from pick No.22 to 20 after Port Adelaide initiated a pick swap to gather more draft points for father-son prospect Jackson Mead. The Blues used it on midfielder Sam Philp, who Sydney and North had interest in in the 20s.
Thomson Dow was next, as Richmond grabbed the speedy midfielder at No.21 to close out the first round. The Tigers liked his pace and his quick hands reminded them of dual premiership star Shane Edwards, who spent draft night in the Richmond recruiting box after working with their scouting team at different stages during the year.

The Tigers got excited as Kemp started to drift down the order, but Carlton extinguished that hope.

Questioned Cal about that on Twitter, silence was deafening

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hilder is undrafted. Last I heard Weaver was on Dockers books.

Those of us who remember his real name from the tiger talk newsgroup can search him on LinkedIn.
He was at freo and later Collingwood. I think he's back to statistics work now.

Weaver was passionate about drafting and watched a bunch of junior footy. His write ups were good. His strike rate wasn't any higher than any other draft aficionados though. Totally flipped out about Riewoldt getting drafted by us. He was a bit too up himself for my liking but you have to credit him for putting in the hard work.

Those of us who remember his real name from the tiger talk newsgroup can search him on LinkedIn.
He was at freo and later Collingwood. I think he's back to statistics work now.

Weaver was passionate about drafting and watched a bunch of junior footy. His write ups were good. His strike rate wasn't any higher than any other draft aficionados though. Totally flipped out about Riewoldt getting drafted by us. He was a bit too up himself for my liking but you have to credit him for putting in the hard work.
Freo too the Pies eh.
So what your saying is he brought Chris Mayne with him.
You can take the boy out of Richmond,But you can't take Richmond out of the boy.
Well done Weaver well done.

Just abit of a meh vid from Twomey & Co.
Had a slight dig at us with the title.
I mean 8 other clubs bypassed Robertson including Freo. :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back