2019 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Still have plenty more to watch but this draft is reminding me a lot of 2013 which was meant to be weak and has turned out to very strong in particular for midfielders. I can see quite a few midfielders who will likely go in the 20-30 bracket end up going to be big ball winners at the next level.

Recently watched the replay of WA vs VIC Country and if this game is anything to go off then Elijah Taylor will be our first pick if still on board and not considered too much of a flight risk. Carbon copy of Shane Edwards.
Thoughts on

Cooper Stephenson & Sam De Koning

Possibly, or he might play wing. Either way, depth is important. Naish isn't a proven commodity yet, although I really like him.

Not sure Naish a winger tbh. Not in our system anyway. Both kmac and menadue are probably more typical types given their height and running power. Ellis yes given his running ability but you wouldn’t trust him under a high ball. Naishy just seems like a hbf to me. Smart, good user of the ball. Can accumulate. Like bachar.

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Not sure Naish a winger tbh. Not in our system anyway. Both kmac and menadue are probably more typical types given their height and running power. Ellis yes given his running ability but you wouldn’t trust him under a high ball. Naishy just seems like a hbf to me. Smart, good user of the ball. Can accumulate. Like bachar.
Will be interested to see where Naishy can get to re his gut running. At this stage still a fair way off as we saw this year from his senior appearances where he started well but tired as the game went on

Will be interested to see where Naishy can get to re his gut running. At this stage still a fair way off as we saw this year from his senior appearances where he started well but tired as the game went on

Young player. Same was said of Bolton. He’s running out games no problems at the moment.

Plus he can learn from one of the best if not best HBF in the league in bachar. Who btw hasn’t signed his contract yet.

Tomnat Tigers

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal
Thoughts on

Haven't seen Stephenson yet, like his profile though and is someone I will try and look at sooner rather than later.

De Koning I've only payed attention to once (WA game) and he was very impressive in that game but not enough to go off. Interesting prospect especially given he has grown 14cm's in the last year and a bit. Moves incredibly well for a big man.

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Thoughts on

Cooper Stephens

#25 Cooper Stephens

Geelong Falcons/Vic Country | Inside Midfielder
17/01/2001 | 188cm | 83kg

Geelong Falcons midfielder unfortunately fractured his fibula in in Round 3. Stephens is a huge loss for Vic Country as Falcons Talent Manager Mick Turner said he would not take part in the National Under 18 Championships next month. Stephens is a neat user of the ball, recording 65 per cent by foot, and in the two games before his injury, Stephens averaged 26 disposals, 3.5 marks, 4.0 clearances and ran at more than 60 per cent contested possessions.
August Ranking: #25
Last month: It was confirmed recently that a return for Stephens is not worth the risk, which means the Falcons co-skipper will be on ice for the remainder of the year as he has been for the majority of it. He might have slipped down the order a bit, but he could end up a value pick given what he showed last season as as bottom-ager.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Menadue isn't far off being traded, delisted or wanting out imo. Hasn't been able to crack AFL games for us. KMac is a soldier we all like, but not sure I see him breaking back in in future either.

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Luke Jackson is the best ruck in the draft, but could we draft him to play as a KPD? Was a gun basketballer so should be good at rebounding from the back line.

Posted this in the Trade thread:

Carlton has pick 8 (which could be 9 if Gold get a priority pick). Based on point values pick 9 is almost equivalent for picks 19 + 37 + 71 https://www.draftguru.com.au/pick-value-calculator#19,37,71,|9
Could even throw Dan Butler in as steak knives.

Go to the draft with 9, 20 (Brando compo), 38

If we did trade up to pick 9, there is a good chance that Luke Jackson will still be available. Recruiting him would also fit in with our policy of our first pick having a surname ending with N or S. Has happened 10 times in the last 14 years and in 7 out of the last 8 years. - 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011-2014, 2016-2018

Doubled up in 2017 and 2018 with Higgins / Collier-Dawkins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 14, 2012
Goldfingers
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Anything involving CROATIA & M.City
Bump

Watching the VFL today we could do with a young natural KPF with one of early draft picks.
I know some think CCJ will play permanent forward but I think hes better suited to ruck especially if his set shots are off.

Draft watches know if theres any solid forwards around picks 18 to 25?

Accepted 04

Cancelled
Dec 10, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Bump

Watching the VFL today we could do with a young natural KPF with one of early draft picks.
I know some think CCJ will play permanent forward but I think hes better suited to ruck especially if his set shots are off.

Sadly not that many KPF's this year worth taking early. The only one I would look at is Worrell and tbh he is more of a KPD

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Bump

For a possible foward CCJ's shots on goal don't inspire confidence!

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Bump

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan

CCJ -> ruck
Balta -> wing/defender

edit: too young for this draft

Last edited:

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
I personally would much rather get Kids either in the draft or trade for players that are under 20 from GWS that were 1st rounders

Its more exciting and they become 'Richmond Man'

its also nice being in a premiership window/ winning the premiership - and having wave after wave of young talent come into the club to be groomed as Richmond men annually

If we get 21 to go with 19 I'd like to see us take Fisher McAsey (195/86) & Sam De Koning(200/85). With Astbury 29 in February & Rance 30 next week it becomes important to bring in a couple of genuine KPD types who can develop alongside Garthwaite who I have earmarked as a long term Grimes replacement.

Then with our picks in the 30's I like the look of Trent Rivers (188/85) & Jeremy Sharp(187/79) both midfielders from East Fremantle who can join the Craig McRae development academy as part of the next wave of midfield/flankers coming through.

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
TigerImposter boy Jake Ricardi looks like he is worth a go at one of our picks in the 30's/40's
Would be nice, but we have Moore Balta Chol and even CCJ so do we need him? If Moore goes for opportunity then he maybe required. Jake is a big unit and does a lot of running and with the correct program I think he could make it. He’s not as mobile as Moore yet, but has power in a young body.
Spoke to Uncle Leo last night when he called to congratulate me for Richmond winning some event. He will keep me informed were his last words.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back