2019 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

His Grandad played for the Tigers (and has 4 premierships to his name)

His Dad played with the Tigers under 19's

So no FS selection, he is however, Tiger royalty, barracks for the Tigers and I wouldn't be surprised if the Tigers go real hard for him after his initial 2 contract is up

Is he any good? 1st round selection?

I have not dissed on the player.

I stated he looked good. That in my mind is not dissing on the player. Your tone suggests you need to control your emotions and not look at comments too negatively!!

As a comparison for a one bit of play I prefer Buddy Franklin's goal I think for WA pre-draft as more relevant in terms of assessing one bit of play in terms of projections.

As for research, I have tried the google searches etc... and a lot of video on players is simply not available. I am not going to be foolish and bark up trees where what I am looking for is not there wasting my time and not helping others.

Usually I use the technique player name, video on the search engines and in the past that would be sufficient. Maybe add in afl and/or draft but obviously to early for that this year.

Now I will have a look at this other supposed vision.

I would rather you not get your knickers in a knot if I lack your knowledge of content on the thread and decide to not go through pages and pages of a thread in search for something that may not be there!! You stated go back to page 23!!. Further you say a few pages back in your above comment, from page 23 or this page. I will try both but I will not die chasing something up a garden path!!

By the way, how have I made a long shot call?? Hopefully from more experience you will be more circumspect because your ideology appears disconnected with the real world and what you anticipate from fellow humans as time goes on!!

If you’re too lazy to search the SANFL YouTube Chanel where there’s 3 videos or review the champs videos (4) then move on .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is he any good? 1st round selection?
Will be bid on very early. GWS have dibs on him as he's in their academy. They have pick 6 and they're desperate to upgrade to pick 3 or 4 so they can get a gun early before he is bid on and have to use their pick 6. Melb at Pick 3 and Adelaide at 4 would both be trying to steal him with their picks, hoping GWS won't match.

If you’re too lazy to search the SANFL YouTube Chanel where there’s 3 videos or review the champs videos (4) then move on .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lol, what makes you even think I am aware of SANFL youtube chanel???

You need to get your head out of your arse.

I focus on RFC and the AFL, and if its draft relevant it should be under that scope for the collators.

If you think I have time for that type of networking you must think I am in Melbourne requiring the support and getting paid to pursue that info!!

I am more concerned about Dusty having a happy life and all is well than the comings and goings of the SANFL!!! The SANFL is only relevant to me for draftee potentials for my club RFC so AFL HQ have a thousand support staff they need to pull there finger out and put it together before last week where they have their bling prospects in a highlight reel and get it collated a month before hand, raw footage at my disposal and any other stakeholder interested in their AFL club and their AFL clubs future!!

I have not dissed on the player.

I stated he looked good. That in my mind is not dissing on the player. Your tone suggests you need to control your emotions and not look at comments too negatively!!

As a comparison for a one bit of play I prefer Buddy Franklin's goal I think for WA pre-draft as more relevant in terms of assessing one bit of play in terms of projections.

As for research, I have tried the google searches etc... and a lot of video on players is simply not available. I am not going to be foolish and bark up trees where what I am looking for is not there wasting my time and not helping others.

Usually I use the technique player name, video on the search engines and in the past that would be sufficient. Maybe add in afl and/or draft but obviously to early for that this year.

Now I will have a look at this other supposed vision.

I would rather you not get your knickers in a knot if I lack your knowledge of content on the thread and decide to not go through pages and pages of a thread in search for something that may not be there!! You stated go back to page 23!!. Further you say a few pages back in your above comment, from page 23 or this page. I will try both but I will not die chasing something up a garden path!!

By the way, how have I made a long shot call?? Hopefully from more experience you will be more circumspect because your ideology appears disconnected with the real world and what you anticipate from fellow humans as time goes on!!

Went back a couple of pages from 23 and this page so I think I will put you on the over promise under deliver camp. I am not dissing on Day, but I am dissing on you!!
Thank you for the life advice Magic. I scored a three pointer by screwing it up and curling a long range Kareem Abdul Jabaar hook shot into the waste paper basket in the corner.

I focus on RFC and the AFL, and if its draft relevant it should be under that scope for the collators.

If you think I have time for that type of networking you must think I am in Melbourne requiring the support and getting paid to pursue that info!!

I am more concerned about Dusty having a happy life and all is well than the comings and goings of the SANFL!!! The SANFL is only relevant to me for draftee potentials for my club RFC so AFL HQ have a thousand support staff they need to pull there finger out and put it together before last week where they have their bling prospects in a highlight reel and get it collated a month before hand, raw footage at my disposal and any other stakeholder interested in their AFL club and their AFL clubs future!!

OK, let's take a step back MM, this is going to be harder than I thought it was going to be.

We'll call it Dummies Guide to Commenting on Draft Forums

STEP 1. Watch videos of the kids that may get drafted this year here

STEP 2. Then jump on your keyboard and contribute by offering your informed opinion

Will Day is dynamite below his knees and strong in the air. Also has good moves and excellent footy brain. Plus superior disposal off both sides. Just a late developer who only took footy seriously this year and rocketed up boards. Makes Menadue look a little vanilla. Likely to go mid teens now it seems so we'd be lucky if he got to us.
I haven't seen him so if he is as good as you say then he may be one of the few of his build that makes it. Bob Murphy type by your description. Also being skinny never stopped Kenny Hunter or Kade Simpson, so if you have got it you have got it. Just wary of skinny project players as has been described.

I haven't seen him so if he is as good as you say then he may be one of the few of his build that makes it. Bob Murphy type by your description. Also being skinny never stopped Kenny Hunter or Kade Simpson, so if you have got it you have got it. Just wary of skinny project players as has been described.

Yeah fair enough, this guy goes pretty well - coached him as a junior. Interested in how he and the others in the SA crop go this year.

For what it's worth SANFL do a good job at highlighting the locals so if you anyone wants any footage of Stephens, Taheny, Gould etc its easy to find on their youtube channel. Here's some footage of Day in Vic C V SA

Last edited:
OK, let's take a step back MM, this is going to be harder than I thought it was going to be.

We'll call it Dummies Guide to Commenting on Draft Forums

STEP 1. Watch videos of the kids that may get drafted this year here

STEP 2. Then jump on your keyboard and contribute by offering your informed opinion

Okay. Step 1.

I do not have the time nor the return to go through each of the games in the championships.

I prefer to assess each player through the highlights packages 1 month before the draft.

So pass this on to the AFL HQ. Highlights packages in the last week is not good enough.

It used to be available in the past.

By the way searching for Will day , or whoever only to get taken out unavailable highlight footage is not good enough. I know the marketeers like to get their propaganda machines running full tilt but AFL HQ can do better than this. The NBA has carly superior highlight footage in numbers and access than the AFL which is poor given the quality of our draftee candidates!!

I focus on RFC GWS and the AFL, and if its draft relevant it should be under that scope for the collators.

Yeah fair enough, this guy goes pretty well - coached him as a junior. Interested in how he and the others in the SA crop go this year.

For what it's worth SANFL do a good job at highlighting the locals so if you anyone wants any footage of Stephens, Taheny, Gould etc its easy to find on their youtube channel. Here's some footage of Day in Vic C V SA

Congratulations.

Can AFL give this poster a prize for posting relevant footage.

Maybe if it suits you AFL HQ can fund you to put up something relevant for all AFL supporters interested in highlight footage of draftee candidates!!

You get 5 stars for effort!!!! :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :D :D :D :D :D :p :p :p :p :p :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

How much would you want to put up highlights on website link??? 5K?? less??

just for past reference usually past highlights videos go 3 minutes.

It seems your close to go game saying u used to coach him.

Why does the AFL not have someone to put highlights packages for 3 min like in the past at least 1 month out from the draft?? I know they can't include everyone but surely judgement can be filtered by on line phantom mediums in terms of top 50 or so allowing another 20 for slippage risk

I am not sure whether I saw this video before in my searches as I think I only found a dozen highlight videos for a dozen players but thank you for your contribution nonetheless!!

I am very visual and a picture says a thousand words.

I think a 3 minute highlight reel of a player has twenty times the currency of any comment posted on a threading terms of valuations whether it be phantom draft related or not!!

Its a bit like watching an AFL game and having all these commentators comment about the game that is massive overkill apart from a few select comments. Vision is everything and the core product!!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hear you. Who can really say, we're all making educated or uneducated guesses this time of year. There seems to be 8-10 elite looking kids and then a group of a dozen or 15 who you could argue will all make the grade. It's the back end of that second group where we have our pick and as our Phantom (and most others it seems) seem to indicate, some of the kids we'd love just won't get to our pic, likely to be 21. From what I've seen and read researching this draft if Day got to us he'd be a beaut.

But always bearing in mind he's a top 20 prospect, not a Top 5 or even Top 10 so you aren't getting a perfect ready to go player necessarily. I've seen him as high as 13 and as low as 23 on draft boards. They are very bullish on him in SA. Some even rating him ahead of Dylan Stephens. I'm not even sure he suits our needs but he stands out to me in an even group at that stage.

We're in a great situation where we need to get games into some of our younger players who are already on the list (Ross, Stack, RCD, Higgins will all be pushing for spots) so I think we could take the opportunity on a kid like Will Day and develop him. It's hard not to like how he covers the ground, backs his judgment and attacks the footy. You could say that about half a dozen kids at our pick tho.

I also read he's already put on 3kg since the end of the season so sometimes these kids need a professional environment and they thrive. I think the AFL is full stories of skinny kids who developed and became good players. There's also kids like Will Gould who still have their puppy fat.

You mentioned bloody Kade Simpson. He could ride in the first at Flemington he's that light but he can play.

It will be fascinating to see which way we go and how it plays out.

Last edited:

He looks a likely type. Thanks for bothering.

Richmond went all small last year in terms of new players to the list:

Stack,
RCD,
Ross,
Turner
English,
Aarts,
Townsend (redrafted),
Chol (redrafted),
[and Pickett of course]

2019 FOTHERGILL-ROUND-MITCHELL MEDAL 'best young player VFL' winner; Jake Riccardi - 20 years old key forward might be a good option if he falls to our 2nd-4th pick and if we keep them. Another tall to add to CCJ, Balta, and friends. Sadly he seems to be going 25-35 in a lot of lists.

Maybe trading up or hoping one of the better talls; Josh Worrell, Fisher McAsey, Luke Jackson falls to our first pick is a better option.

Interesting times in the B2B quest

Richmond went all small last year in terms of new players to the list: Stack, RCD, Ross, Turner, English, Aarts, Townsend (redrafted), Chol (redrafted), [and Pickett of course]

2019 FOTHERGILL-ROUND-MITCHELL MEDAL 'best young player VFL' winner; Jake Riccardi - 20 years old key forward might be a good option if he falls to our 2nd-4th pick and if we keep them.

another tall to add to CCJ, Balta, and friends
Looking most likely to be gone prior to our picks with Bombers & Pies showing a lot of interest

Richmond went all small last year in terms of new players to the list: Stack, RCD, Ross, Turner, English, Aarts, Townsend (redrafted), Chol (redrafted), [and Pickett of course]

2019 FOTHERGILL-ROUND-MITCHELL MEDAL 'best young player VFL' winner; Jake Riccardi - 20 years old key forward might be a good option if he falls to our 2nd-4th pick and if we keep them. another tall to add to CCJ, Balta, and friends. Sadly he seems to be going 25-35 in a lot of lists. Maybe trading up or hoping one of the better talls; Josh Worrell, Fisher McAsey, Luke Jackson falls to our first pick is a better option.
TBH I'd rather we picked up Mitch Georgiades

Looking most likely to be gone prior to our picks with Bombers & Pies showing a lot of interest

trade up, if we take a mid with our first pick, for Riccardi?

Not sure if he is worth it however, overager

TBH I'd rather we picked up Mitch Georgiades

sounds like he will be available (?)

can you give us a summary cheers

He would be a great get with one of our 38-41 picks

Blessed with a great set of hands, excellent skills and an elite reading of the play, Georgiades is a young forward with tremendous upside... He is already shaping up to be one of the most explosive forward options in next year’s draft pool.

Sounds pretty handy indeed

Just wanted to clear up something regarding the list for 2020.

When the club lodged the list for 2020 back on October 31 we had to lodge retained rookies for 2020 as well. What that means is those players listed on the rookie list are rookies for 2020. We can't then elevate them to the senior list after the draft. With the new rookie rules they can be selected for the senior side even if we don't have a LTI.

That means that we are entering the draft with 6 live picks and will most likely take 5 picks in the draft, saving 1 for a rookie pick or SSP/mid season draft and we'll also have a Cat B rookie still.

Blessed with a great set of hands, excellent skills and an elite reading of the play, Georgiades is a young forward with tremendous upside... He is already shaping up to be one of the most explosive forward options in next year’s draft pool.

Sounds pretty handy indeed
He is also a bottom age player being 28.9.2001 and very athletic with great hands and good speed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back