2019 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

They don’t have a 2020 1st anymore. It belongs to Adelaide.

They will try to get more 2nd rd picks in 2020 to cover the deficit via a fringe player or 2

something to keep in mind for next year.

I think they overplayed this GWS whatever the outcome.

Even if they get a player and Green not sure if worth it

So with the most likely scenario of the bid coming at #5 for Green they will lose alot of picks but more importantly pick 40 which is wedged between our picks. This is great as we now have 3 in a row. Hoping for a few sliders, leaves us in a good position to improve our hand next year if a team really wants a player available.

So with the most likely scenario of the bid coming at #5 for Green they will lose alot of picks but more importantly pick 40 which is wedged between our picks. This is great as we now have 3 in a row. Hoping for a few sliders, leaves us in a good position to improve our hand next year if a team really wants a player available.

I think the disappearance of 40 is minimal.

What is interesting is if there are sliders in the second round because we have 3 picks together later to give us clout if we want to trade up into the second round but it will be hard doing trading on the run. Pre-draft investigation is probably warranted especially after the first day to ponder what to do next day

Port will also lose 2 picks #55 & #52 for the bid on mead & Hawks stand to lose #30 & #42 for McGinness which means our #56 could come down to pick #54

We really should be working with Fremantle & Hawthorn to get their picks #22 & #30
#40+#54 for the Hawks #30
#38 & #39 for the Dockers #22

Trade 2020 1st rounder with Norff for 26 +27 or Cats for 24+36

19,22,26,27,30 We could use the machine gun approach this year with 5 picks between 19-30 and grab some really talented kids and just rest on our hands next year taking Ethan baxter & MRJ

Port will also lose 2 picks #55 & #52 for the bid on mead & Hawks stand to lose #30 & #42 for McGinness which means our #56 could come down to pick #54

We really should be working with Fremantle & Hawthorn to get their picks #22 & #30

19,22,26,27,30 We could use the machine gun approach this year with 5 picks between 19-30 and grab some really talented kids and just rest on our hands next year taking Ethan baxter & MRJ
Baxter any good? Key back isn't he?

On Mi 9T using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like it alot.
But getting into bed with Geesook not so like.:thumbsdown:

Rantalls tape is impressive in the Nab league app. Very clean with his disposal and is always on the move. Reminded me a bit of Dan Hannebery when he was good. I wonder how much upside there is considering he was mainly focused on basketball until this year.

Reading that article, apart from the first 3 players... He really has no idea who any club will select.
Apparently we met with Rivers recently but that could be anything. I reckon Twomey just reads clubs draft threads on here and lists the players the fans are keen on who'll be around the mark for their picks.

Could trade pick 40 for more points :(

Apparently we met with Rivers recently but that could be anything. I reckon Twomey just reads clubs draft threads on here and lists the players the fans are keen on who'll be around the mark for their picks.
We wouldn’t go to Perth or fly him over to Melbourne if we weren’t somewhat keen I doubt

What would a good result is to:
Trade 38 &39 to Fremantle for 23
Trade 19 & 41, 75 & 77 to WBD for 13 (if there is a player there we like)

Go to the draft with 13, 23 & 56 and elevate Stack and Baker
3 picks for the Rookie draft.
That’d be a great result if we could pull that or similar off. Future picks probably have to come into play though to get it done.
Those 3 picks late 30s early 40s will be difficult to nail in a not overly deep draft

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back