2019 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

We won't really know until we announce our delistings prior to the drafts, so any time between now and Nov 12

Thursday 31 October 2pm - List Lodgement (1)

Friday 1 November - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1)

Tuesday 12 November 2pm - List Lodgement (2)

Wednesday 13 November - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) Commences

Friday 22 November 5pm - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) Closes

Wednesday 27 November 7pm - 9.30pm - NAB AFL Draft Selection Meeting (Round One), Marvel Stadium.

Thursday 28 November 7pm - 9.30pm - NAB AFL Draft Selection Meeting (Round Two onwards to conclusion).
Cheers for that.

So how do the 2 'delisted free agency periods' work? Is it similar to RFA and FA? But no compo. Or more like the trade period?

Cheers for that.

So how do the 2 'delisted free agency periods' work? Is it similar to RFA and FA? But no compo. Or more like the trade period?
Any players who have not been offered a new contract by their current club, or have already been delisted, go into a pool of players that can be simply be signed up.
No compo back though

Last edited:
So, where are we at now?

I've lost track of rookie upgrades, delistings, trades etc.

Hopefully someone who is able to concentrate and dissect can enlighten the rest of us (bimbos) as to where we stand.......waiting....

as far as i know

out:

retire - Grigg (Pickett),
retire - Weller [rookie*]
free agent - Ellis
trade - Butler

out of contract: Miller, Moore, Menadue, DES [rookie*], Townsend [rookie]*, Aarts [rookie*

Last edited:

Any players who have not been offered a new contract by their current club, or have already been delisted, go into a pool of players that can be simply be signed up.
No compo back though
Ok,thanks.

I was thinking that any player who is delisted becomes a 'delisted free agent' whether or not they have qualified for FA.

*Edit....sorry, just saw your edit

We won't really know until we announce our delistings prior to the drafts, so any time between now and Nov 12

Thursday 31 October 2pm - List Lodgement (1)

Friday 1 November - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1)

Tuesday 12 November 2pm - List Lodgement (2)

Wednesday 13 November - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) Commences

Friday 22 November 5pm - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) Closes

Wednesday 27 November 7pm - 9.30pm - NAB AFL Draft Selection Meeting (Round One), Marvel Stadium.

Thursday 28 November 7pm - 9.30pm - NAB AFL Draft Selection Meeting (Round Two onwards to conclusion).

Draft over 2 nights is so frustrating. But I guess I shouldn’t expect better from the AFL.

Amirite in saying that...

Pickett takes Griggas spot on the list.
Ellis gone, opens a spot
Same with Butts
Same with Weller retiring.

One of those possies goes to an upgrade of DES

I guess Aarts gets re-rookied.

Possibility of Towner and Miller de-listed.

Does that mean that we take 3 picks in the ND and 2 in the rookie draft? Or am I missing something?

Amirite in saying that...

Pickett takes Griggas spot on the list.
Ellis gone, opens a spot
Same with Butts
Same with Weller retiring.

One of those possies goes to an upgrade of DES

I guess Aarts gets re-rookied.

Possibility of Towner and Miller de-listed.

Does that mean that we take 3 picks in the ND and 2 in the rookie draft? Or am I missing something?

Stack is a rookie ...

Stack is a rookie ...
So does he take one of the main list spots if he's offered a contract? (thought he had already)

*Edit....just to let you all know know that I'm easily confused and I'm a dumb campaigner, so any education/enlightenment is appreciated until my alzhiemers kicks in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure that Stack will be on the senior list and Pickett will still be a rookie.
So Pickett won't actually take Grigg's senior list spot, but one of the rookie elevations will
Sydney Stack is already on the senior list, we were allowed to sign him because we had the spot available.

Were did you hear Pickett will be a rookie? Going through the article of Pickett re-signing there was no mention the rookie list, he is listed on our site as a rookie. It’d certainly make things easier going into the draft if he was.

Speaking of rookie lists we still have Liam Baker on there, I’m not sure if there’s the expectation that he’ll be moved onto the senior list now.

Sydney Stack is already on the senior list, we were allowed to sign him because we had the spot available.

Were did you hear Pickett will be a rookie? Going through the article of Pickett re-signing there was no mention the rookie list, he is listed on our site as a rookie. It’d certainly make things easier going into the draft if he was.

Speaking of rookie lists we still have Liam Baker on there, I’m not sure if there’s the expectation that he’ll be moved onto the senior list now.
Sydney Stack was signed on as a supplemental selection period player, which only puts a player on the rookie list, just like Maverick Weller was. His new contract is as a senior listed player though.
My understanding of the mid-season draft rules is that they are also kept on as a rookie selection for their first full year.

So are we in the frame to take 4 draft picks or 5?

Given we got 56 for butler I'm assuming we use that somehow

as far as i know

out:

retire - Grigg (Pickett),
retire - Weller [rookie*]
free agent - Ellis
trade - Butler

out of contract: Miller, Moore, Menadue, DES [rookie*], Townsend [rookie]*, Aarts [rookie*

Ellis, Butler and Grigg gone is 3 spots on the main and Weller is a rookie spot.

From those OoC Miller has shown next to nothing, Moore has had long enough and isn't the future so I'd be delisting those two. That is 5 spots on the main list. Menadue and Moore I would have liked to see get traded out rather than delisted but I guess that ship has sailed. So I'm guessing Menadue is gone too, that's 6 spots.

Aarts and Towner I'm not too fussed about, I don't see them getting into the team again but they're just rookie spots.

Pretty sure Chol is a rookie, so him and Pickett need to be upgraded, DES looks likely too and maybe Stack? That puts us back to only 2-4 live picks in the ND.

I don't know how the rookie list stuff works anymore so I might be a bit off with that, but it isn't much to play with.

Ellis, Butler and Grigg gone is 3 spots on the main and Weller is a rookie spot.

From those OoC Miller has shown next to nothing, Moore has had long enough and isn't the future so I'd be delisting those two. That is 5 spots on the main list. Menadue and Moore I would have liked to see get traded out rather than delisted but I guess that ship has sailed. So I'm guessing Menadue is gone too, that's 6 spots.

Aarts and Towner I'm not too fussed about, I don't see them getting into the team again but they're just rookie spots.

Pretty sure Chol is a rookie, so him and Pickett need to be upgraded, DES looks likely too and maybe Stack? That puts us back to only 2-4 live picks in the ND.

I don't know how the rookie list stuff works anymore so I might be a bit off with that, but it isn't much to play with.

Pickett and stack can stay rookies your allowed 3 years on rookie list

Chol was delisted and restarted so same

Baker would be only upgrade

Soldo can have 1 more as rookie

Dekka can have 1 more cat b before he even moves up to rookie

We currently have 35 senior listed players.

Baker Chol & Stack are being upgraded to the senior list which takes us to 38.

Menadue Miller & Moore out of contract would need all 3 to be delisted to be able to take 5 picks in the draft, which takes us to maximum 40 senior listed players.

IMO we should keep Menadue and take 19 38 39 & 41 to the draft.

Aarts DES & Pickett would be the remaining rookies.

Pickett and stack can stay rookies your allowed 3 years on rookie list

Chol was delisted and restarted so same

Baker would be only upgrade

Soldo can have 1 more as rookie

Dekka can have 1 more cat b before he even moves up to rookie

We won't be leaving Stack, Soldo and Pickett as rookies. They'll be getting rewarded with proper contracts. Same with DES, maybe he does one more year as a rookie but we won't be maxing out his time on the cat b rookie list then the normal rookie list before upgrading him. This isn't fantasy football.

Posted this elsewhere, but any word on Fischer McAsey? Reckon he is the exact type of player we need to bring in and could be around our pick. Knightmare says this about him:

14. Fischer McAsey
Best position:
Key defence
Height, weight: 195cm, 86kg
Recruited from: Sandringham Dragons
Projected draft range: 5-25
Plays like: Darcy Moore
September Ranking: 11
Rationale: Winner of Vic Metro's MVP and the premier key defender in this draft. Drops as others rise.
Strengths: Intercept marking, reading of the drop of the ball, contested marking, marking on the lead, aerial marking, attack on ball aerially, closing speed, leap, aggressive spoiling, reliable kick out in front of targets to lead onto, courageous, versatility to hold down key position posts at either end.
Weaknesses: One-on-one strength, one-on-one marking.

We won't be leaving Stack, Soldo and Pickett as rookies. They'll be getting rewarded with proper contracts. Same with DES, maybe he does one more year as a rookie but we won't be maxing out his time on the cat b rookie list then the normal rookie list before upgrading him. This isn't fantasy football.

Thanks for the inside info appricriate it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back