2019 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

If quality mids stand out in this draft I would prefer to go for them than some long shot tall simply for list balance. I know the salary cap is tight but next year Jeremy Cameron becomes a restricted free agent and Ben King is out of contract. Cameron will be 28 by the 2021 season and might be desperate for the ultimate success if GWS slips down the ladder. Everyone assumes that Ben King if he came back will go to St Kilda, because of his support of that club as a kid and his brother Max. Well, a lot of people assumed Lynch would go to Collingwood for one of those same reasons. No doubt hard decisions would need to be made list wise if we were to go for either (especially the latter, again the first one considering his age and desire for success might not cost as much salary as some might suspect), but if Coleman-Jones looks like by then he is shaping more a ruckman than a key forward then I'd love to be in the race. Imagine the melts if we got either one of them. We'd be seriously talking the stuff of dynasties here.

Absolutely..

Take mids, its so much easier to gauge.

Forwards are such a lottery this early on, and the cupboard isn't exactly bare.

Lynch, Dusty, Callum Moore, Chol etc as tall options not including JackBoi.

Their are a number of guys around the 190cm mark like Gould who play an intercept/rebounding role of the half back and I think come draft day Gould may be the last player that I would pick. Right now I have Will Day and Trent Rivers top 2 but Trey Roscoe may be number 1 come draft day. I think this is a far better draft than people are acknowledging.
Rosco p coltrane!!!!!

Liking the look of Trent Rivers from East Fremantle 188cm 85kg midfielder who averaged 27 disposals 6 marks 6 tackles per game at Colts level. Rated inside the top 30 by a lot of the draft watchers.

Also liking Sam Philp from Northern Knights with one of our picks at 38, 39 or 41. At 185cm 80kg he could be a handy addition to our young inside midfield group. Averaged 23 disposals 11.4 contested possessions 5.7 clearances 5.7 tackles.

Compliment them with Harrison Jones 194cm 75kg KPP from Calder and Callum Jamieson 200cm 81kg ruck/forward from Claremont and I'd be happy with our draft as it fills holes that we'll likely have once trades/delistings have taken place.

Im in favour of using our 4 picks on kids and continuing our plan to have young talent coming through underneath the players that will be exiting in the next 2-3 years.

We currently have a group of 9/10 young good kids that are developing beautifully Graham,Ross,RCD,Bolton,Balta,CCJ,Naish,Turner,Stack,Baker and to add to this with still 3 years of Riewoldt,Cotchin,Grimes,Astbury,Rance,Houli around the club will instill the Richmond Man mentality and continue the success

Liking the look of Trent Rivers from East Fremantle 188cm 85kg midfielder who averaged 27 disposals 6 marks 6 tackles per game at Colts level. Rated inside the top 30 by a lot of the draft watchers.

Also liking Sam Philp from Northern Knights with one of our picks at 38, 39 or 41. At 185cm 80kg he could be a handy addition to our young inside midfield group. Averaged 23 disposals 11.4 contested possessions 5.7 clearances 5.7 tackles.

Compliment them with Harrison Jones 194cm 75kg KPP from Calder and Callum Jamieson 200cm 81kg ruck/forward from Claremont and I'd be happy with our draft as it fills holes that we'll likely have once trades/delistings have taken place.
I think Rivers will be gone by our pick. If he's still there im all for it.

I think Rivers will be gone by our pick. If he's still there im all for it.
A lot of the rankings lists I've seen have him outside the top 20, so could be a big chance if that holds true. Otherwise Cooper Stephens who THE_GUN seems to like would be handy as well. Jeremy Sharp probably the next best if those 2 are gone.

Im in favour of using our 4 picks on kids and continuing our plan to have young talent coming through underneath the players that will be exiting in the next 2-3 years.

We currently have a group of 9/10 young good kids that are developing beautifully Graham,Ross,RCD,Bolton,Balta,CCJ,Naish,Turner,Stack,Baker and to add to this with still 3 years of Riewoldt,Cotchin,Grimes,Astbury,Rance,Houli around the club will instill the Richmond Man mentality and continue the success
Recall a great comment from Brian cook once , saying that by snowballing the young talent on your list you cant help but keep on improving , that’s where we re at and it’s the best means to maintain and enduring stay at the top

(Log in to remove this ad.)

don't think we need too much. plenty of talent in the ressies that i'd like to see given more afl game time next year.

to even-up the comp we could give the other teams a 12 point start in each game. geelong and collingwood 24.:p

Anyone seen a lot of RCD play in the VFL ? How good will he be ?
He will be a mix of Judd / Cripps / Dusty

Big as cripps and strong
Bursts away from packs with ball in hand like judd
monsters other players in the foward line like Martin

Ohh and can mark like Dangerfield on the lead

Pick 19 best available always sliders.If we can't package 38,39 and 41, 2 of them for early pick take them to the draft we have nailed our picks bigtime and like I said always players will slide.

Mcasey sounds like the one. Rated by many as the best key defender in the draft. Love to get a Rance under study in now while Alex still has a couple of years left. Key defenders are probably the one area where we need to start developing soon imo

Could still get a good mid or two at the 38-40 picks

So, where are we at now?

I've lost track of rookie upgrades, delistings, trades etc.

Hopefully someone who is able to concentrate and dissect can enlighten the rest of us (bimbos) as to where we stand.......waiting....

So, where are we at now?

I've lost track of rookie upgrades, delistings, trades etc.

Hopefully someone who is able to concentrate and dissect can enlighten the rest of us (bimbos) as to where we stand.......waiting....
We won't really know until we announce our delistings prior to the drafts, so any time between now and Nov 12

Thursday 31 October 2pm - List Lodgement (1)

Friday 1 November - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1)

Tuesday 12 November 2pm - List Lodgement (2)

Wednesday 13 November - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) Commences

Friday 22 November 5pm - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) Closes

Wednesday 27 November 7pm - 9.30pm - NAB AFL Draft Selection Meeting (Round One), Marvel Stadium.

Thursday 28 November 7pm - 9.30pm - NAB AFL Draft Selection Meeting (Round Two onwards to conclusion).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back