2019 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

As a 3rd foward but more a mid imo

pointless as he will be long gone by our pick Top #10 possibly even top 5 depending if a team wants to go early due to his Acl
Thanks for the reply, i was thinking more if he slips to freo at 11 then we could trade up and have Jack's understudy. These kids usually grow another 1-2cm, which would put him at 193cm, nice size for a chf.

Thanks for the reply, i was thinking more if he slips to freo at 11 then we could trade up and have Jack's understudy. These kids usually grow another 1-2cm, which would put him at 193cm, nice size for a chf.
The player i would most liken him to is Bontempelli and he is a similar size to the bont with what looks to be a similar build , He uses his pace abit more than bont but thats at junior level where they have the freedom to do so.

I would happily trade our 2019 & 2020 1st rounders if we could move up to pick 6-8 to have a chance at getting Brodie Kemp but im thinking sydney (#5) id they miss out on Green then Freo at pick #7

Wont get past Carlton

Fischer McAsey sounds good. I wonder if we would consider trading up on draft night to get him. One of him, Worrell or De Koning seem the obvious choice.
Whilst it sounds good saying we could trade up on the night we dont really have a good hand to trade up with

If we are looking to trade up 5/6 positions what do we need to give up and who would want to trade down and why would they
Port #12 +#18
Brisbane #16
GC #15
Geelong #14 +#17
Hawks #11
Doggies #13

Cant see any of these teams wanting to go down the order and anything more is too high for McAsey and would cost us way more than we have

Whilst it sounds good saying we could trade up on the night we dont really have a good hand to trade up with

If we are looking to trade up 5/6 positions what do we need to give up and who would want to trade down and why would they
Port #12 +#18
Brisbane #16
GC #15
Geelong #14 +#17
Hawks #11
Doggies #13

Cant see any of these teams wanting to go down the order and anything more is too high for McAsey and would cost us way more than we have
There's always future picks. Looks like two of those guys will be available @ 19/20 anyway.

I wonder if Port would do 18 and one of their later picks for next years first and one of 38/39/41 as they don't have a 3rd rounder currently (got 29 then the next best is 66). Would be nice to have two first round talents being developed next season.

I'd be extremely pleased if any of the three players below were to end up on our list, but obviously will back the recruiters in regardless.

Josh Worrell at 195cm Worrell fits the bill of a key defender and possible replacement for Astbury in the coming years. I'm not sold on Garth because of his closing speed and even less sold on Miller, yet hopeful both can make the grade.

Cooper Stephens - Watched this lad before injury ruined his season. If he was playing regularly throughout the year I highly doubt he would be available at our first pick (may go earlier, but gut feel is that he will be on the board)

Will Gould - Least likely of the three to be available - has drawn Shannon Hurn comparisons. Absolute man child and could enable Vlastuin to spend time in the middle. Would be a steal

Surely Geelong take Cooper Stephens with one of their picks before ours. Hawthorn took Worpel from under their noses and made them look like absolute mugs. They won’t want that to happen again.

TOM GREEN

The bullocking midfielder from Canberra is a member of GWS’s academy but is instead a Richmond supporter with Tigers links. His grandfather, Michael Green, played in four premierships for the Tigers in the 1960s and 70s and father, Richard, played for Richmond’s under-19s before deciding to pursue a career in the army instead.

Giants academy gun Tom Green has been likened to Patrick Cripps.
Michael Green flies over Tigers teammate Francis Bourke.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With regards to the list it appears that the club hasn't decided if Baker Chol & Stack will be elevated to the senior list, as rookie list rules have changed so that players can be signed to multiple year deals as rookies.

Looks like we'll have to wait until next Thursday for actual confirmation

TOM GREEN

The bullocking midfielder from Canberra is a member of GWS’s academy but is instead a Richmond supporter with Tigers links. His grandfather, Michael Green, played in four premierships for the Tigers in the 1960s and 70s and father, Richard, played for Richmond’s under-19s before deciding to pursue a career in the army instead.

Hopefully we get him in a couple of years.

With regards to the list it appears that the club hasn't decided if Baker Chol & Stack will be elevated to the senior list, as rookie list rules have changed so that players can be signed to multiple year deals as rookies.

Looks like we'll have to wait until next Thursday for actual confirmation
Pretty sure it will be Baker & Stack elevated and Chol staying as a rookie
It said in the article about Chol signing for 2 more years that he would be staying on the rookie list

Pretty sure it will be Baker & Stack elevated and Chol staying as a rookie
It said in the article about Chol signing for 2 more years that he would be staying on the rookie list
Was told yesterday that all 3 could remain on the rookie list for 2020, although it's more likely to be as you've mentioned

TOM GREEN

MG was a marking machine down at TigerLand...what a shame the young fellow cannot come down to us...

Billy Gould plays bass for Faith No More dont he .....?

No wonder his results were shithouse

Was told yesterday that all 3 could remain on the rookie list for 2020, although it's more likely to be as you've mentioned
I guess its possible, either way, I can't see us taking any more than 5 selections in this years draft.
I expect we'll take even less and try to trade up or get currency for next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back