2019 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Funnily enough Collingwood draft was rated A while Richmond was rated C...

Have to admit the Pies did well(On Paper).But not worth an A.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Not Richmond related ... in the end everything is I suppose. But how the hell did the AFL sign off on Gold Coast offloading Pick 11 (2020) and Pick 64 (used by Geelong in a package for Taheny) for Geelong's Pick 27?

Far be it from me to buy into Steve Hocking conspiracy theories - I'm not even sure he's the one with the final say in such matters - but surely this one triggers that exact reason the AFL has to sign off on all such live trades?
Ken Wood is the bloke.Same bloke who decided Ellis's compo pick.Funny that.

Funnily enough Collingwood draft was rated A while Richmond was rated C...

His reasoning was quite funny, Pies got an A because a couple of kids he rated highly slid to their picks, while Richmond got a C because we reached for players he didn't rate highly, and he effectively rubbished all 3 of Cumberland Martyn & Ralphsmith. Credit to him though, he has got ESPN bosses fooled and they are paying him to produce content

What's our list numbers situation?

Do we have spots for the next Sydney Stack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
38 senior listed
6 rookie listed

We have no spot available for SSP or mid season draft unless we get a season ending LTI or retirement.

Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Before the draft i wouldn't know anyone of the kids we picked up from a bar of soap.So who am i to argue or sook over who we got.
Who knows Biggie could be our next Rance and any of the top 10 kid picks could be a flop.
One thing i do know is those we got have come to the best club and its culture in the land.
me too, my go to tool is the dartboard.

38 senior listed
6 rookie listed

We have no spot available for SSP or mid season draft unless we get a season ending LTI or retirement.
Yeah ok. Thought we may have left a spot open for a train on guy.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
38 senior listed
6 rookie listed

my understanding is this is wrong

DES is cat b

the following season, he has to be changed to the senior list or rookie category A if he remains a richmond afl listed player, but he is a b category listed player next season - hence richmond are allowed to sign one more player Stack / Pickett style

Yeah ok. Thought we may have left a spot open for a train on guy.

correct

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond

DES is cat b

the following season, he has to be changed to the senior list or rookie category A if he remains a richmond afl listed player, but he is a b category listed player next season - hence richmond are allowed to sign one more player Stack / Pickett style

correct
Don't think we have a spot.
In the rookie draft tracker yesterday.We wern't listed on the AFL tracker or as Passed when it came to our pick(which wasn't there)

Oct 8, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania
I think the key is that cat a players can play at any time, cat b players must wait for a long term injury.

On CPH1920 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Oooh of course you're right. Egg showed a bit this year, and we'd probably feel he's good enough for us to need to be able to play him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Don't think we have a spot.
In the rookie draft tracker yesterday.We wern't listed on the AFL tracker or as Passed when it came to our pick(which wasn't there)
We have spot, but looks like we are not using it. Going to be very difficult to free up spots at the end next season which could be reason for keeping a vacant spot.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
We have spot, but looks like we are not using it. Going to be very difficult to free up spots at the end next season which could be reason for keeping a vacant spot.
Think we need Balmey on board.

DES is cat b

correct
DES is Cat A as we didn't have a rookie draft pick allocated to us, which we would have had if he was, which we could have then passed on to allow us to bring in a potential SSP player.

The only spots we have available are 3 Cat B rookie spots, which allows us to add a kid from our NGA directly to the list if we wanted, but we have none worthy of a spot. It also applies to international players, NSW scholarship program, international scholarship program or players who haven't been registered with an Australian rules football club in the last 3 years.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond

If we have a list spot open, why would we not use it?

I assume Richmond will target someone in the mid season draft or 'supplementary' period.

the reserve team looks very young with yet another 5 kids coming in to replace the middling types who are gone. Another player might prove handy

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
DES is Cat A as we didn't have a rookie draft pick allocated to us, which we would have had if he was, which we could have then passed on to allow us to bring in a potential SSP player.

The only spots we have available are 3 Cat B rookie spots, which allows us to add a kid from our NGA directly to the list if we wanted, but we have none worthy of a spot. It also applies to international players, NSW scholarship program, international scholarship program or players who haven't been registered with an Australian rules football club in the last 3 years.

you are probable correct but what is the source?

DES is allowed to be cat b one more season, i think. most resources seem to be sayin he is currently still cat b

however someone is saying that means hes not allowed to play senior football (?) unless an injury comes up (?)

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond

Source?

tigerisland

All Australian
Jun 1, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
The more I watch modern footy, the more I realise how the draft is just a media content filler. Occasionally there are rare talents like Dusty but really it is about club culture and buy in. All the kids in the draft can play.
I truly believe if RFC had instead recruited all the players on the Melbourne list and Melbourne had recruited all the players on the RFC list, that RFC would have still won two flags and MFC would still be 17th. Dusty would of been lost to the game by now if he had started his career with Mark Neeld as his coach.
I just love the fact there is no pressure on any of our new recruits. They can take there time and have to fight so hard to earn a spot in the senior team

Lacustrus

Club Legend
May 24, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Like the fact we are picking a lot of younger blokes who are bottom ages

first we picked shaI, than Turner last year both who have really rewarded us in having a crack and just taking a chance on that raw talent despite being smaller and needing a little bit more time to develop

looks like we have continued This with a few of our picks this year

it’s the benefit of having such a well rounded list as it stands the club can recruit for the future and find these super talented kids that have slipped through because other clubs are focusing on guys that will play round 1
definite strategy. J Ross is younger too, so is Dow

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
The more I watch modern footy, the more I realise how the draft is just a media content filler. Occasionally there are rare talents like Dusty but really it is about club culture and buy in. All the kids in the draft can play.
I truly believe if RFC had instead recruited all the players on the Melbourne list and Melbourne had recruited all the players on the RFC list, that RFC would have still won two flags and MFC would still be 17th. Dusty would of been lost to the game by now if he had started his career with Mark Neeld as his coach.
I just love the fact there is no pressure on any of our new recruits. They can take there time and have to fight so hard to earn a spot in the senior team
Totally agree...it takes us back to the good old days when we had Ressies, Under 18's et al when clubs could hide young emerging stars away from the physical hurly burly of the first's and avoid being smashed whilst honing their skills...and start playing them when they had a few years and games getting stronger and smarter before introducing themselves on the big stage of AFL...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back