Politics & Government 2019 Election: Australia's Shame

Who are you voting for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Literally the only thing that matters long term is climate change so Greens for me.

Also as a Kooyong resident think Greens/Julian Burnside is the best chance we'll have to taking the seat from the Libs. Don't think Labors Jana Stewart will resonate with a lot of people in the area.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Voters are broadly positive about the Morrison government’s budget according to the latest Guardian Essential poll, but 61% say it will make no difference to their vote and the government remains in the same position as it was a fortnight ago – trailing Labor, with an election in sight.

The latest survey of 1,069 voters has Labor ahead of the government 52% to 48% on the two-party preferred measure (the same as the last survey), with the Coalition’s primary vote on 38% (down a point), Labor’s on 35% (down a point), the Greens on 11% (up a point), One Nation on 5% (down two points) and others/independents on 10%.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...rails-labor-52-48-despite-approval-for-budget

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
One of the least interesting elections in recent memory. I just hope WA gets some decent Senators coz the House of Reps has about the same depth of talent as the AFLW.

Going by the 2016 results there are slim pickings in my seat. Liberal, Labor, a Greens bloke called Thor, Independent Dennis Jensen who is now with the Australian Conservatives, and the Australian Christians. Oh boy what a choice. Hopefully there are different choices this time around. The last three TPP results have been 25, 29 and 22 so my vote doesn't matter anyway, but Bomberboyokay will assure you where it's going.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Literally the only thing that matters long term is climate change so Greens for me.
So I'd welcome a Labor government, but will put Greens 1st to keep their feet to the fire.

Pretty much my thoughts. I rate climate change extremely highly on my list of priorities, and its second only to the wealth gap. So I'll obviously be happier with a Labor government, but will vote Greens to give them all the help they need.

Also this is my first time voting after I missed a council election last year.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Libs: Economy
Labor: Health and education

Climate change isn't a high priority to either.

I'd imagine Labor would be more receptive to the Greens policies, should they have more influence after this election.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
More receptive, but not meaningfully so.

Labor will win the 2019 election and the Adani coal mine will go ahead. You heard it here first.

Either way, I want to vote Greens to give them more of a say.

Back