Fantasy 2019 - Empire League Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats helfy on putting an end to GGs late season reign of terror.

A ridiculously gutsy title defence by you all the same, G.

Nearly rookie and vet extension time, yay empire preseason kicking off soon #excitment
soon as i pay helfarch and arakaan (hopefully this friday). i gotta wait another week before i can afford to buy the league again. im in dire financial straits for the foreseeable future. living on $100 a week....food, opal, cant afford anything. got smacked with a ton of bills, fines, damage to a neighbors property, etc, and my rent is basically 50% of my weekly wages. im really ****ed at the moment. im borrowing cash off people and have to repay them too, vicious circle.

soon as i pay helfarch and arakaan (hopefully this friday). i gotta wait another week before i can afford to buy the league again. im in dire financial straits for the foreseeable future. living on $100 a week....food, opal, cant afford anything. got smacked with a ton of bills, fines, damage to a neighbors property, etc, and my rent is basically 50% of my weekly wages. im really f’ed at the moment. im borrowing cash off people and have to repay them too, vicious circle.

Wtf???? Don't you work?

Damage to neighbours property and fines, Jesus Christ. It's no wonder you like to keep your life a secret. .😂

RIP helfarch and Araakan in the meantime.

Are we all simply paying for GGs cocaine addiction?

I'm fine and understanding with you not having money to open the new year league GG, but not having any to pay last year's winners yet seems kinda bad. In reality that's not your money to touch.

Wtf???? Don't you work?
i work, but im just falling behind. wages in on friday = all of it out to pay bills long overdue that have been piling up + the other stuff. and all the cash ive been borrowing to be able to buy food etc beyond the $100 left. and i swear im not a gambler or drug addict etc. but this is my life since childhood...living on the poverty line, on the streets, etc.

anyway, just bear with me while i ride the tsunami

i work, but im just falling behind. wages in on friday = all of it out to pay bills long overdue that have been piling up + the other stuff. and all the cash ive been borrowing to be able to buy food etc beyond the $100 left. and i swear im not a gambler or drug addict etc. but this is my life since childhood...living on the poverty line, on the streets, etc.

anyway, just bear with me while i ride the tsunami

That's fine but what happens if one of us was in a similar situation to you at season's end and was relying on the comps winners money?

I understand times get tough, happens to all of us, but that money should be there for the winners come the end of the year no matter what. If we all need to pay up so you don't need to wear the upfront cost of this year's comp that's perfectly fine imo. You just need to ask. But last year's, no excuses imo mate. If you can't save or make sure the prize money will be there perhaps we should all give that portion of the costs to someone who can.

In reality that's not your money to touch.
i didnt. it sits in my paypal acct. but when the bank tried to take money out of my acct and couldnt it took it from my paypal automatically.

anyway, this friday theyll get paid, i borrowed $250 specifically to pay them both this friday. i was in communication with helfarch early feb and apologized for the delay, explained everything and said id scrounge up the amount in "a couple weeks" as my entire wages those few weeks was being cleaned out for overdue utilities/rent/default payments

i didnt. it sits in my paypal acct. but when the bank tried to take money out of my acct and couldnt it took it from my paypal automatically.

anyway, this friday theyll get paid, i borrowed $250 specifically to pay them both this friday. i was in communication with helfarch early feb and apologized for the delay, explained everything and said id scrounge up the amount in "a couple weeks" as my entire wages those few weeks was being cleaned out for overdue utilities/rent/default payments
Tsss....well if the bank can touch your PayPal account (never heard of such a thing btw) to claim money for your other debts then it's not put away now is it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I appreciate you telling me and the rest of us ...

But I don't reckon I feel right about giving you the money for the winners side of things honestly. Would rather someone else hold it like Blacky.

If you don't wanna do that tho, I'll leave and someone else can take my place if the rest of the comp is happy with the current arrangement.

Pretty much. For a guy who says he has trust issues online, he sure has a weird way of showing others he's trust worthy.

You'll have to excuse me if I don't believe this to be the first time either, with other people "rolling over" winnings in previous years.

Messing with other people's money is a pretty big no no to me, sorry GG, but I find this completely unacceptable.

Generally agree ADP, but worth noting every year that GG pays out of pocket for the site and is spending half the year not receiving the money from players.

that being said, it’s pretty easy to setup a side account on PayPal or something to hold the cash going forward.

Generally agree ADP, but worth noting every year that GG pays out of pocket for the site and is spending half the year not receiving the money from players.

that being said, it’s pretty easy to setup a side account on PayPal or something to hold the cash going forward.
thanks for pointing that out
anyway im ok with someone else holding the total cash pool in their paypal acct -- only because im not well-to-do and pose a risk, whereas blacky (for instance) doesnt.
and just recompensate me for the league payment when the money is all in.
also dont wanna keep having to find new people.

Yea, and I understand that. That's why I'm more than happy to (and suggested everyone should) pay up for the site for the start of each year.

I also went into bat for GG last year when he said how the cost of the site went up and worked out what each person needed to pay to make up the difference. Said it was ridiculous that he should cover any difference.

Much like what I'm getting upset now, I don't believe anyone should mess with GGs money either.

There just has to be a better way to do things than what we currently are now. The added bonus of giving the players winnings portion to someone else is that GG won't have to go further into debt as this seems to be a regular occurrence for him as stated in a previous post.

thanks for pointing that out
anyway im ok with someone else holding the total cash pool in their paypal acct -- only because im not well-to-do and pose a risk, whereas blacky (for instance) doesnt.
and just recompensate me for the league payment when the money is all in.
also dont wanna keep having to find new people.

I'm sorry if I came across harsh, just have had similar experience in the past which didn't end well. A bloke we all thought we trusted took off, was never seen from again. Having said that it was much more than this, but it's still something I'm hesitant about because of it. (Was a supercoach league that was running for the previous six years)

no sweat, lets not stress over it, we will move forward as per suggestion

Cool, work out the cost of the site this year and let us know. Aim for everyone to have paid you by the end of March. That gives everyone plenty of time to cough up. One month less than usual of the preseason is no biggie and we can do the vet and rookie re-signjngs here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back