Fantasy 2019 - Empire League Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Raephix Dixie Flatline Hoggy shiny_on_top bgt2110 BeinPurplenGreen Blacky J Shuttlesworth arakaan Helfarch A11dAtP0w3R peterbuch74 Bucking Beads TheGreatBarryB drd23 GG.exe

The 2019 Empire League season is upon us.

League Site: https://www65.myfantasyleague.com/2019/home/70732#0

The 2019 League page/site is opened (will pay for it soon). I have transferred all rosters over, created a new schedule, imported traded future picks, set the draft board, moved all former IR and Taxi players to active roster, removed all the dead money from previous year, removed the roster limits (as per off-season), and minused 1 year off all players contracts.

See the league page, scroll down a little, and start reading the calendar of events for the year....all that's required of you at each month.

I have yet to create the RFA Process spreadsheet....will do that soon. And explain what is required.

Raephix as you're the new guy in this league, I will need you to go to MFL's main page here , and register to MFL per se, using the same email address that you will PM me so I can send you an invite to join this specific league. Which can only happen after you've first registered.

More news and updates soon. But basically....for now.....MARCH is the month where you have the whole month to decide which of your ZERO contract year ex-rookies (on $500k salaries) you want to give a 1 or 2 year extension to, and which you don't want to. That is all that is required of everyone between now and end of March. You have to actually post here which of these rookies you give an extension to and choose between 1 or 2 years, so I can put them into the system.

But wait for me to create and post the spreadsheet first.

Also, remember....the off-season is the time where you can gain cap room by letting go of ZERO year contract players. In March (rookie period) and in April (RFA Bidding Process).

See the league HOME page and scroll down to MARCH (also APRIL) to read what is required of you in those months. And how it affects your roster, salary cap, etc. You have all month to think about it, tho you are always welcome to decide quicker. Just let me know here your decisions so I can process the updates on the league site.

Essentially....what you're doing is choosing all the rookies off-contract (those on $500k salary in 2018) that you want to re-sign -- this takes them off being RFAs and back on your roster......and. your choosing a maximum three veteran players to franchise tag for a 1 year contract. Franchise tagged players still remain RFAs that can be bid on in APRIL, but you'll get a draft pick compensation for them if you decide to not match the highest offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished updating all the new salaries for just the currently rostered and RFA players on your teams. New salaries only. So you can better gauge your "true" cap right now, and analyze your roster to decide which a) off-contract rookies you want to re-sign for 1-2 years, and b) which off-contract veterans you want to franchise tag.

Go to the league site, and check your roster info.
Players with "RFA-R" status are off-contract rookies
Players with "RFA" status are off-contract vets.

Remember how franchise tagging works? You give minimum ZERO players and maximum THREE players either a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round grade. By doing so, that player will be placed on a 1 year only contract, and you'll get lumped with a tag fee against your cap of $2m, $1m, or $500k respectively for the different round grade tag you wanted.

These franchise players STILL go into the RFA Bidding Process next month, but there is compensation for them should you let them go or not, etc.

The nightmarish job of next going thru ALL free agent players and giving them new salaries, I will undertake little by little over the course of the weeks ahead...as there's no rush on those.

Jerome Baker - 2 years
DeForest Buckner - 2 years
Leonard Floyd - 2 years
Hunter Henry - 2 years
Karl Joseph - 1 year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back